Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Infiniti goofs up on all 05 G35 coupes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 05:18 PM
bhamvett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiniti goofs up on all 05 G35 coupes?

I read on another forum that Infiniti mistakenly forgot to put Limited Slip Differentials on the G35 coupes! I hear they are offering a rebate of 250.00!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:32 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Default Re: Infiniti goofs up on all 05 G35 coupes?

Originally posted by bhamvett
I read on another forum that Infiniti mistakenly forgot to put Limited Slip Differentials on the G35 coupes! I hear they are offering a rebate of 250.00!
Really? I read on another forum that Elvis shot JFK while attempting to fake the moon landing which GWB helped to plan during his National Guard days. Doesn't make it true, though.

The point I am trying to make is that you should really get all the facts, or at least as much as are available before coming up with some half based in truth, half based in internet BS, half based in laziness in fact gathering statement

The truth in this case is that Infiniti advertised the automatic 05 coupes with the Performace tire and wheel package to have the VLSD (Viscous Limited Slip Differential). Turns out that they didn't, and some customers actually took delivery of the cars thinking they did have the VLSD. Infiniti's preliminary solution is to offer the $250. My best guess (note that this part is opinion, not truth) is that they will come up with a better way to solve the problem, possibly involving buybacks, possibly some other incentive.

All of the 6MT coupes have VLSD, and all the %AT coupes with SPORT suspension have VLSD. The base 5AT coupes do not, nor were they ever advertised as having VLSD. The only ones in question are the 5AT with the performance tire and wheel package, which were originally advertised as having VLSD, but which don't.

There, now isn't that a much more informative post?
Old 12-31-2004, 04:32 AM
bhamvett

Default Re: Re: Infiniti goofs up on all 05 G35 coupes?

Originally posted by Dave 90TT
Really? I read on another forum that Elvis shot JFK while attempting to fake the moon landing which GWB helped to plan during his National Guard days. Doesn't make it true, though.

The point I am trying to make is that you should really get all the facts, or at least as much as are available before coming up with some half based in truth, half based in internet BS, half based in laziness in fact gathering statement

The truth in this case is that Infiniti advertised the automatic 05 coupes with the Performace tire and wheel package to have the VLSD (Viscous Limited Slip Differential). Turns out that they didn't, and some customers actually took delivery of the cars thinking they did have the VLSD. Infiniti's preliminary solution is to offer the $250. My best guess (note that this part is opinion, not truth) is that they will come up with a better way to solve the problem, possibly involving buybacks, possibly some other incentive.

All of the 6MT coupes have VLSD, and all the %AT coupes with SPORT suspension have VLSD. The base 5AT coupes do not, nor were they ever advertised as having VLSD. The only ones in question are the 5AT with the performance tire and wheel package, which were originally advertised as having VLSD, but which don't.

There, now isn't that a much more informative post?
Please check your private messages!
Old 12-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Sad, indeed.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:39 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Dave 90TT
Sad, indeed.
So, are you going to post the PM? This could get ugly...
Old 12-31-2004, 02:07 PM
DUKE

Originally posted by teh215
So, are you going to post the PM? This could get ugly...
For real.