Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Eibach and SPC alignment kits

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 07:23 PM
myz8a4re

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure, whatever it takes to make you feel more secure. Just talking with my alignment tech made me feel better about it. The guy is actually my neighbor for 4 yrs now. Great guy.....
I was just trying to help out since it worked for me. Best of luck if you decide on doing this mod also!

-justin
Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Question question...

Originally Posted by protocav
i too deal with evans tire on convoy. i have been there 5 times myself, and have sent about 10 guys there.

Chad
forgot to ask, but about how much is it to get an alignment there?
Old 04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
ivory_g35

can someone post a pic that shows which arm connection has to be elongated

thanks

mike
Old 04-26-2005, 06:27 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Arrow here!

here's a pic from SPC's website.

it's the bolt to the right. protocav has done an excellent write-up. go look on his profile for his web page. i would've posted it, but i didn't ask his permission
Old 04-26-2005, 07:03 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n1cK!
forgot to ask, but about how much is it to get an alignment there?
I believe one alignment (four wheels) was roughly $59.99.

I got the life-time alignment for $159.99
Old 04-27-2005, 08:59 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Talking finally installed!

oooooohhh, they offer lifetime? sweet! i wonder if they'll be kind enough to change my ride height for me.....hmmmm.....

well, i finally installed it today, even after making a stupid mistake (we'll jus' leave it at that). i just left the toe at the zero (12 o'clock) setting and i shortened the arms a little from stock, and it looks pretty even. of course i'm still gettin' an alignment, but at least i know it works!

you'd be surprised, that when you get your camber less negative, your car looks higher! i will probably lower it another 1/2in or so before i take it in for alignment.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:34 PM
accordfreak

Originally Posted by myz8a4re
I understand your concern & I too had some concern in the beginning. After talking to my alignment tech who has been a mechanic for 30years, he assured me that this would be totally safe & that some cars even have this type of adjustment from the factory.....just to picture better what I'm talking of on the hole elongation, its the bolt hole on the lower control arm that houses the spring. One end already has a cambolt from the factory, the other just has a regular bolt wich is where the arm connects to the spindle. This hole needs elongated approx 1/8" towards the inside of the car(center). Then you can push the the toe out by pushing the bolt into the elongated slot(towards the center of the car). Then the factory cambolt can be used to adjust the toe into spec.....worked perfectly for me & allowed me to set my camber more positive where as I was unable to before since my toe limited my camber! All I can say is I have done it with great success to date!

-justin
do you have a picture of this? sounds like a great idea
Old 04-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Gman2004

Default review for tein basic/350evo front arms/spc camber

disregard

Last edited by Gman2004; 04-27-2005 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:41 AM
tig488

got mine installed and aligned, worked perfectly.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:42 PM
35oZephyR

Hmmm I wish my Eibach springs were a 1/4 to 1/2 inches lower to eliminate the wheel gap.

Do you guys think it'd be safe to modify the bump stop over the rear spring? You know, the rubber cone thing that holds the spring in place?
Old 04-29-2005, 07:54 AM
protocav

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Hmmm I wish my Eibach springs were a 1/4 to 1/2 inches lower to eliminate the wheel gap.

Do you guys think it'd be safe to modify the bump stop over the rear spring? You know, the rubber cone thing that holds the spring in place?
i know what you mean. unfortunately, that rubber is what is holding the top of the spring in place. when you take it off, there is only flat sheet metal up there, and no spring seat. i would pick up a set of coilovers in the future if you want to drop it more.

Chad
Old 04-29-2005, 01:35 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Thumbs down booo...

Originally Posted by n1cK!
oooooohhh, they offer lifetime? sweet! i wonder if they'll be kind enough to change my ride height for me.....hmmmm.....
to answer my own question, no, they won't change your ride height for you, oh well.....
Old 04-29-2005, 01:48 PM
myz8a4re

i know what you mean. unfortunately, that rubber is what is holding the top of the spring in place. when you take it off, there is only flat sheet metal up there, and no spring seat. i would pick up a set of coilovers in the future if you want to drop it more.

Chad
im having trouble believing that theres only flat sheet metal under the rubber isolator. the metal has to be shaped like a hat in order to support the spring, other wise the spring pressure would rip the rubber out when hitting a corner.....i would like to say that the metal underneath is shaped similar to the rubber piece just much smaller. if this is the case i would say an aftermarket isolator could be used, like one from another vehicle if the size/shape were the same. i have some aftermarket isolators from when i had my mustang. i have a set of uppers & lowers that i ended up removing when i bought aftermarket control arms that had the spring perch rubber coated. i attached a pic of the isolators i have. if these would fit in there they would easily drop another 1/4" if not more!

-justin
Attached Thumbnails Eibach and SPC alignment kits-1.jpg   Eibach and SPC alignment kits-2.jpg  
Old 04-29-2005, 03:10 PM
protocav

im having trouble believing that theres only flat sheet metal under the rubber isolator. the metal has to be shaped like a hat in order to support the spring, other wise the spring pressure would rip the rubber out when hitting a corner.....i would like to say that the metal underneath is shaped similar to the rubber piece just much smaller. if this is the case i would say an aftermarket isolator could be used, like one from another vehicle if the size/shape were the same. i have some aftermarket isolators from when i had my mustang. i have a set of uppers & lowers that i ended up removing when i bought aftermarket control arms that had the spring perch rubber coated. i attached a pic of the isolators i have. if these would fit in there they would easily drop another 1/4" if not more!

-justin

since i have taken the rubber upper mount off many times, on many G35's for coilover installations, i can assure you that there is only flat sheet metal up there. for tein coilovers, you just put their upper spring perch around the rubber. for hks coilovers, you must remove the rubber perch, and bolt in the upper perch that is supplied with their coilovers. regardless...if you would like to prove yourself wrong, i would encourage you to take the rubber piece off.

Chad
Old 04-29-2005, 03:11 PM
35oZephyR

Chad
Yeah I need to get some sort of an aggressive dampening system as well so the coilovers are in due time.

I was just looking for a quick alternative for now. Someone mentioned trimming down that rubber, but it's an irreversible process that I don't want to gamble with.

oh well...
Old 04-29-2005, 04:21 PM
myz8a4re

Chad, I'm sorry for questioning your statement, if you've removed the rubber isolator you know more than I do. It just seems odd for no center spring support on the upper perch. How exactly is the isolator mounted? Does it seem as if a smaller isolator could be mounted in?

Thanx,
-justin
Old 04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

Thumbs up it works, ha ha!

jus' got the car aligned today. wow, i was all screwed up! here's the before and after numbers:

before/after
  • camber
    • front
      • left = -1.4/unchanged
      • right = -1.5/unchanged
    • rear
      • left = -2.8/-1.5
      • right = -2.0/-1.4
  • toe
    • front
      • left = .05/0.00
      • right = -0.15/0.00
    • rear
      • left = -0.10/0.05
      • right = 0.10/0.05
the reason why the front is unchanged is that i'm too poor to buy camber arms! ha ha! but, as you can see, the kit works like a charm.

one thing though. the specs that evans tire on convoy has is different than the service manual. for instance, the min/max specs (camber) for the rear at evans is -1.8/-0.8 while the service manual states -2.0/-1.0. anyone know the reason for the discrepancy? uh, that would be you chad

ps-oh, and here's a pic for you!

and another one!

ps-and yes, i can feel the difference after the alignment. straight as an arrow! (and it doesn't severely pull to the left when i apply the brakes, ha ha!)

Last edited by n1cK!; 04-29-2005 at 05:33 PM. Reason: addition
Old 04-29-2005, 05:52 PM
tig488

my rear is now -1.5 right and left.
front is -1.8
toe is 0 front back and side to side.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
protocav

Chad, I'm sorry for questioning your statement, if you've removed the rubber isolator you know more than I do. It just seems odd for no center spring support on the upper perch. How exactly is the isolator mounted? Does it seem as if a smaller isolator could be mounted in?

Thanx,
-justin
hey justin,
i agree that the design seems a little odd. the rubber is only being held in by some very thin sheet metal tabs, but i guess they (infiniti) are relying on spring pressure to hold it in. it seems to work. you could probably mount the rubber isolators, like in your pictures, but there would be no lateral support, and i think it may slide out.

Chad
Old 05-01-2005, 07:38 AM
myz8a4re

hey justin,
i agree that the design seems a little odd. the rubber is only being held in by some very thin sheet metal tabs, but i guess they (infiniti) are relying on spring pressure to hold it in. it seems to work. you could probably mount the rubber isolators, like in your pictures, but there would be no lateral support, and i think it may slide out.

Chad
so is the 350z & the infinity the same as far as this rear isolator goes? i wish i would have pulled one out when i was installing my springs so i could have a better picture of it......thanx for the input chad!

-justin

Quick Reply: Eibach and SPC alignment kits