Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Bra for G35 coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:45 AM
blueg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LMG_35C
I have a Colgan mask with side mirror protectors since 1st week of ownership. It fits well enough to keep most of the dirt out from under, and while I prefer the look of my G without it, I prefer to keep my paint even more.
I also like this better than putting semi-permanent clear tape on my hood which, in my opinion, detracts fom the brilliance of the color and doesn't do as much for protecting lot's of areas on the bumper which the front mask covers.
Only other consideration is if you get the mask and then later decide on a lip, the bumper portion of the mask will no longer fit. I'm pretty sure Colgan does have a model made for the OEM front lip so keep this in mind. As noted above, a bit of leather protector on the mask keeps it easy to clean and very pliable as well. I hope this helps.
i have the Colgan one as well, and now that i want to put a lip ... i'm faced with either putting the clear bra on for which i will probably have to repaint the whole front bumper or trying to find some sort of a leather one again that fits. Also the Colgan one has a few problems if u ask me. Here is how it looks on my car:

and as u can see it sits a little loose on the top of the head lights. and when i drive i can see that part kind of flyin out a little ... i dont even know how to describe it ... lots of air goes in ther ... for some reason it is not tight enough or something. Anyway i put the bra on only for long trips ... which i do once every week and from too much taking on and off one of the clips on the hood broke too
Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 PM
s14roller

Thanks again everyone for the replys. I think if anything I'll go with a colgan bra with the addition for the stock lip.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:13 PM
engiNERD350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Colgan bra also since I've bought the car for 6 months now. My car is black so its not big deal. It doesn't stand out much. As long as you clean it everytime you wash your car its fine. For me, I was once a week or sometimes every two weeks. I have a trick though. I take off the bra the day before I wash the car. I lay the bra down in the tub and use the shower head (with shower hose) and spray down the bra. This gets off all the dirt. I hang it up, and it dries extremely quick (overnight). I wash the car the next day and put it back on. I have done this a dozen times, bra still looks perfect. And even if long term it slowly damages the leather-like material, who cares, its <$100. Also, I prefer Colgan over the Nissan. Colgan is the bra originator. I've seen both and I like the way the Colgan attaches and looks better also, especially between the bumper and hood, there's no flap with the Colgan. If you look at the two, you'll see what I mean. I've love it and feel vulnerable without it!

P.S. It has also saved me when I hit a cardboard box on the freeway, cones I hit when I autocross, and a curb that I clipped the corner of my bumper with (paint remained perfect, bra took the beating and scrapping. I'd like to see a clearbra take that hit).

Last edited by engiNERD350Z; 10-05-2005 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:38 PM
engiNERD350Z

Originally Posted by engiNERD350Z
P.S. It has also saved me when I hit a cardboard box on the freeway, cones I hit when I autocross, and a curb that I clipped the corner of my bumper with (paint remained perfect, bra took the beating and scrapping. I'd like to see a clearbra take that hit).
Add another to the list. I am an **** parker (always the farthest and all that mess), but we all make mistakes. Today, parked in too close and the bottom of the bumper ran up onto the curb. The bottom part of the bra was pushed out of its location by an inch or two. I backed up, bra had bad scratches on it's surface. The bumper...PERFECT. I LOVE this thing!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:48 PM
cruddydude

I don't know what the heck kind of "mods" you guys have on the fronts of your cars, to necessitate the use of a bra!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:39 PM
halitosis

Originally Posted by s14roller
Thanks for all the replys.

I was thinking about getting it mainly for the highway...and taking it off once the trips were over. The main thing holding me back is friends that tell me the bra will scratche the paint. I know if dirt gets in there, this is definitely true.

Has anyone else experienced this? I don't want to prevent against rock chips to result to scratches that weren't there.

Thanks again guys.

These people posting about how ugly the bra is are pissing me off. People what is it going to take for you to understand that a bra is not a permenant fixture? I remove mine at least twice per week, especially when going out into town. I use it for my highway commute and I've had not scratching at all.

It's nice to take the bra off to see a perfect finish that's cleaner than the rest of the car. No regrets and Colgan is highly recommended.

PM me if you need more detail.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:46 PM
cruddydude

You guys who constantly remove and install your "bra" are a bunch of materialistic slaves to your cars. It's a car! Use it! The paint will get chipped. That's life. Big deal!
Old 11-05-2005, 11:22 AM
beastie

Originally Posted by cruddydude
You guys who constantly remove and install your "bra" are a bunch of materialistic slaves to your cars. It's a car! Use it! The paint will get chipped. That's life. Big deal!

Great another douche bag here. They seem to be multiplying like rabbits.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:33 AM
engiNERD350Z

What do you drive?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
mario24601

Where in LA can i get the Colgan?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Demonteverde

Order from here:

http://www.colgancustom.com/index.shtml

I have a colgan bra (carbon fiber looking kind) and it really protected my car and served its purpose well. I preferred it over the oem bra due to the side clips (covered in felt material to reduce scratching) and better fit/snugness. I only use it for long road trips now that I have a clear bra on the front of my coupe.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:16 AM
mario24601

Anyone have one they want to sell me?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

test