Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Infiniti emblems replaced with nissan emblems on a G35?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
SteveZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ebony350
Jeez... we need to have a nissan history sticky in this Bee-otch

Some of you people are way the *** off target way off
Man I really have to find my pics from a 2004 JDM Skyline meet where a bunch of the V35's were badged as "Infiniti" - it really brings home the utter stupidity of the haters and Nissan/Infiniti bigots.

No sheet, they badged up their Nissan V35 "Skylines" with all Infiniti G35 badges and even USDM mats, door sills - TOO funny!!!

For history start here and work your way back:
http://history.jbskyline.net/index5.php#11thgen

Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by SirSpeedyZ
i've never understood why people put skyline emblems on the G, ITS NOT A SKYLINE.

Again for the Ignorant:
http://history.jbskyline.net/index5.php#11thgen

Yeah, Looks like Yoshi must have photoshopped these, too - wish I could get one of THOSE (oh, that's right, I already have one...)

Great-looking car, don't ya think?

Old 07-06-2007, 09:30 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Not another one.
What year is this? 2003?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:39 AM
TENGAI

Not again......... This debate somehow keeps resurfacing. At this point, I'm just going to shave all of the emblems off my car. Interior and exterior. That way nobody can say **** about how it's badged.

For the 1,234,546,123,354,656th time:

Nissan owns Infiniti. The Infiniti G35 is a Nissan Skyline 350GT in Japan. If somebody wants to re-badge THEIR car, then f'k it. It's THEIR car. If YOU don't like it, then don't do it.

Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Not again......... This debate somehow keeps resurfacing. At this point, I'm just going to shave all of the emblems off my car. Interior and exterior. That way nobody can say **** about how it's badged.

For the 1,234,546,123,354,656th time:

Nissan owns Infiniti. The Infiniti G35 is a Nissan Skyline 350GT in Japan. If somebody wants to re-badge THEIR car, then f'k it. It's THEIR car. If YOU don't like it, then don't do it.

So...that means then that Infiniti in Japan makes the car, not Nissan, then sells it to Nissan, Nissan changes all the badges and sells it as a Nissan even though its really an Infiniti? Isn't it hard to get the seat logos and all that stuff changed? When did Nissan buy out Infiniti? Did they buy Lexus and Acura, too?

So, then those Nissans in Japan are really now Infinitis with all the badges changed, not Nissans? Gosh, why don't they just sell that Nissan 350GT here? Then you could have a 350Z and a 350GT!!! That would be like so cool!!! Or, we could re-badge it and sell it in Europe as a Renault!

Sorry, I just kidding, this thread is so stupid and it just keeps coming back, couldn't resist!!! Every f-ing year it's the same thing!!! ROTFL...

Old 07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by SteveZ
So...that means then that Infiniti in Japan makes the car, not Nissan, then sells it to Nissan, Nissan changes all the badges and sells it as a Nissan even though its really an Infiniti? Isn't it hard to get the seat logos and all that stuff changed? When did Nissan buy out Infiniti? Did they buy Lexus and Acura, too?

So, then those Nissans in Japan are really now Infinitis with all the badges changed, not Nissans? Gosh, why don't they just sell that Nissan 350GT here? Then you could have a 350Z and a 350GT!!! That would be like so cool!!! Or, we could re-badge it and sell it in Europe as a Renault!

Sorry, I just kidding, this thread is so stupid and it just keeps coming back, couldn't resist!!! Every f-ing year it's the same thing!!! ROTFL...

you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Infiniti IS Nissan, and has always been. Infiniti doesn't exist in Japan. Nissan created a new brand to target higher end markets in the U.S., It's not a separate company, it's just a different trademark (that's why your bills for Ifiniti's, Lexus's, and Acuras say Honda, Toyota, and Nissan on them). Renault may be owned by Nissan but none of their cars are produced in Japan and are even close to a Nissan on the road, so this statement makes absolutely no sense. It's like saying that just because Saturn is owned by GM, that the cars are identical and that Saturns are rebadged. Your attempt to be clever has failed horribly.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:16 PM
SteveZ

Really??? Duh.
Guess you forgot to read the part about "just kidding", or, alternatively, you have no recognition of ironic satire when you see it.

ps. BTW when I bought my V35 Coupe in '03, actually the "bills" did say "Infiniti Financial Services" (IFS) on them, not that it matters other than IFS gives better new car interest rates in general than Nissan Financing.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:26 PM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
Well, i'm not biased, but with a 350z, putting fairlady its better than changing out the make and model whereas the 350z is just model. You just made a good point to me. I just get digusted when you change a make such as toyota cavalier, honda integra(rsx).
I am biased, and agree with you on changing the Make is a little odd to me, but the model, if it exists in the exact same form in JDM trim, who cares? It would be quite another thing if the V35 was an AWD TT monster coupe in JDM trim and not here - that's Poser material.

Originally Posted by MC
i differ on this , i think switching out the nissan, 350GT and skyline is just fine if one wants too. its no different really than putting a fairlady badge on the Z. its basically just paying homage to the origin of the car. i mean people argue this all the time and i dont know why.. a G35 is a skyline as a 350Z is a fairlady Z. the names are different because of the markets. Nissan found in the Z's case americans found fairlady to be too feminine for a sports car so they named it by displacment. infiniti is a luxury brand and letters are popular for brands like that. also I think many people only associate skyline's with GT-R and it makes it hard for them to see a skyline badge on a G

now i wouldnt do it because of a you cant switch out the infiniti interior logos so it would be mix match and im picky
Yep, MC that's straight up. I went Biblical and split the baby since I'm semi-picky compared to MC, and also not JDM enough to change all the logos even if I could. I did like the "350GT" when I saw it on Nissan's Japan website, so I just did the rear badges years ago (2003), proving that more numbers and letters like X, Z, GT market much better in the US.

Nissan or Infiniti? Kinda hard to tell, eh? Check the wheel caps.

Personally I like Fairlady Z, too, but that's because of the 1967 1/2 model Fairlady 2000 roadster, a limited run car with 5-speed, 8000 rpm tach, 160 mph speedo, great little car...which of course carried a "DATSUN 2000" logo here (new thread, anyone?)

Yeah I really don't get all the haters either, you'd think people were putting R32 body kits on, GT-R badges, tailights, etc. like some of the truly hilarious "Skyline GT-R" 240SX "conversions" I've seen. Even so, I find them funny, to each his own.

Besides, if I slapped the Nissan hamburgers on front and rear, I'd have instant 20% depreciation and the local Infiniti dealer would scowl at me

So, can we call this one Beaten to DEATH for 2007? I'm sure it will come back in 2008 with the Great Skyline Debate over the new G35 Sedan/G37 Coupes! WOO HOO!!!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:23 PM
StarChamp

Originally Posted by SteveZ
Yeah I really don't get all the haters either, you'd think people were putting R32 body kits on, GT-R badges, tailights, etc. like some of the truly hilarious "Skyline GT-R" 240SX "conversions" I've seen. Even so, I find them funny, to each his own.

So, can we call this one Beaten to DEATH for 2007? I'm sure it will come back in 2008 with the Great Skyline Debate over the new G35 Sedan/G37 Coupes! WOO HOO!!!
Only after I instigate some more. From wikipedia:
1969: "The GT-R began as a sedan, but a 2-door coupé version was introduced in March of 1971. The cars were stripped of unnecessary equipment to be as light as possible for racing, and performed well at the track. The sedan racked up 33 victories in less than two years, and the coupé stretched this to 50 through 1972."
1977: "The GT-ES replaced the GT-R with a turbocharged engine, the L20ET. This was the first turbo engine to power a Japanese production vehicle. One notable aspect of the turbo versions was that they were not intercooled and there was no form of blowoff valve, only an emergency pressure release valve."
1998: "To celebrate their 40th anniversary, Nissan introduced a very rare 4 door GT-R. Two versions of the 4-door GT-R were available from Nissan's subsidiaries: the first was produced by Autech, and the second was a joint Autech/Nismo project."

SO, if any X owner feels the urge to put GT-R badges on his car, there's precedence (1t and tt a plus, but not necessary).

BTW, Infiniti is a 'brand', not a 'make'. They don't make anything. Semantics, I know....
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
bhendjol
achoooooo

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
you idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Infiniti IS Nissan, and has always been. Infiniti doesn't exist in Japan. Nissan created a new brand to target higher end markets in the U.S., It's not a separate company, it's just a different trademark (that's why your bills for Ifiniti's, Lexus's, and Acuras say Honda, Toyota, and Nissan on them). Renault may be owned by Nissan but none of their cars are produced in Japan and are even close to a Nissan on the road, so this statement makes absolutely no sense. It's like saying that just because Saturn is owned by GM, that the cars are identical and that Saturns are rebadged. Your attempt to be clever has failed horribly.
Your attempt to be clever has failed horribly.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:27 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by j-velocity
ANd the 350Z is not the Fairlady Z33?
Do your homework...
Its not , one is LHD the other is RHD Till the steering wheel is on the proper side the the badging they should keep the ones it came with. Same with the 240 owners who say they own a silvia cause the swapped the front end and motor. Its still a 240 if its LHD. IMO, actually its reality.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Z Tuned

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Its not , one is LHD the other is RHD Till the steering wheel is on the proper side the the badging they should keep the ones it came with. Same with the 240 owners who say they own a silvia cause the swapped the front end and motor. Its still a 240 if its LHD. IMO, actually its reality.
What does the placement of the steering wheel in the car have to do with the name of the car? It's the same car, just minor cosmetic differences. What about those parts of Europe and such where they sell the same cars as here in North America but are LHD and have the Japanese naming scheme?

Infiniti is a nameplate, not a brand. Nissan is the brand. The cars were developed under the name Fairlady Z & Skyline. Those badges were replaced for the North American Market. It's plain and simple. Japan is the root of these cars, not North America.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:38 AM
bassholic
Banned

well people debadge as well as swap out. I personally will never take the mt fuji off the back of my car. We are not in japan
Old 07-11-2007, 08:45 AM
StarChamp

Originally Posted by bassholic
well people debadge as well as swap out. I personally will never take the mt fuji off the back of my car. We are not in japan
Two things:
1) Your car was made in Japan, unlike most Nissans available here in the states. Odd, huh?
2) It's not Mt. Fuji, it's a road to infinity. The original commercials explained as much, for those of us old enough to remember them.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 AM
rythex

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350
exactly. If people think thats ok to that for a g35, then its ok for chevy cavaliers to replace theirs with a toyota emblem. And that's is just disgusting.
.... wtf? Nice logic there... sorry to break it to you, GM and Toyota are completely different companies , Infiniti is just a rebadged Nissan you dork..

If he wants to pull off his north american market stickers and put on JDM ones, all the power to him.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:55 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Huge difference - um, besides the bizzare comparison of different badges to "swapping the front end and motor" -

The Silvia was never sold in Japan with a KA24DE, and 240's was never sold here with either the SR20DE or SR20DET. "Silvia" is not even the same as the S13/S14 chassis codes, that's just what it is based on. For example, really the only the 240SX Coupe is close to the Silvia body in that they share a chassis, but not even the sheet metal is the same - not even close to the same car. There areonly two JDM variants the 240 compares to remotely close, and neither is a Silvia.

The V35,Z33, steering position aside, have the exact same motor and power output both JDM and USDM (with the sole exception of the recently annouced limited run JDM NISMO model not sold here, with ~380 hp). The car is manufactured in Japan, in the same plants, same parts, interiors, other than the LH drive and badges, etc. it is identical, blah, blah, blah (that should cover the rest).

Differentiating cars based on LH vs. RH drive as "not the same car" makes about as much sense as the newer Mini's sold in GBR with RH drive are not the same car as the USDM model, just because the steering wheel is on the other side.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by StarChamp
Two things:
1) Your car was made in Japan, unlike most Nissans available here in the states. Odd, huh?
2) It's not Mt. Fuji, it's a road to infinity. The original commercials explained as much, for those of us old enough to remember them.
"Rocks and Trees..." - yep, the commericals that somehow forgot to mention the CAR- LOL! Wonder why sales were a little slow at first...

According to Lippincott Mercer, who created the logo/name/dealership design, etc. for Nissan, both versions of the logo's meaning are true - due to the spectacular redesign (huh?) of the logo in 2004!

"The original Infiniti name and visual identity was created in 1989 by Lippincott Mercer (then known as Lippincott & Margulies), just prior to the development of Infiniti’s first vehicle. The name “Infiniti” was chosen to communicate the endless potential for satisfaction among owners of a car with superb comfort, reliability and luxury. The unusual spelling assured the proprietary usage of the name, while the elegant logo was derived from the symbol for infinity.

The 2004 revitalized logo retains the sophistication, strength and serenity that are the hallmarks of the Infiniti brand, while adding elements of warmth, modernity and precision. To achieve this, Lippincott altered the geometry and modeling of the brand symbol to convey a fluid, dynamic form with a hand-burnished, finely crafted quality, and refined the wordmark to create a more balanced, unified appearance. The latest Infiniti logo—while separate and distinct from the Nissan logo—appears as if crafted from the same hand, with similar treatments to shading, curve and depth."

The new logo expresses the concept of the open road traveling toward infinity. It also suggests Mount Fuji, a Japanese icon."

Gee...I feel so unexploited, I never noticed the logo changed in 2004...but I suddenly feel endlessly satisfied, stronger, more serene yet warm, precise, and modern - WOO HOO!

What a load of crap, glad I'm not in that industry! (apologies to those who may be, I understand we all have to make a living)
Old 07-11-2007, 09:19 AM
HipHopPro

Originally Posted by bassholic
Then go buy an American car.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
bassholic
Banned

Originally Posted by StarChamp
Two things:
Yes however THE CAR had to be badged INFINITI for a status symbol and for NISSAN to be able to import more cars, just as many more 'luxury' brands had done. Stupid N. Americans

Now why the hell does it matter the car was made originally in japan, and what does that have to do with rebadging?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:28 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Brits have a real Aston Martin "Vanquish" because their steering wheel is on the right.

Since my steering wheel is on the left, I should consider it a totally different vehicle: Aston Martin "Vanish".

Quick Reply: Infiniti emblems replaced with nissan emblems on a G35?