Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Infiniti emblems replaced with nissan emblems on a G35?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:25 PM
SteveZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Badge Heresy

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
The Brits have a real Aston Martin "Vanquish" because their steering wheel is on the right.

Since my steering wheel is on the left, I should consider it a totally different vehicle: Aston Martin "Vanish".
Well, at least it's not badged as a Hyundai - whoa, either this is one good Photoshop, or this guy lost a bet, or a few brain cells - a BENTLEY no less - but is it the same car, inquiring minds want to know - maybe it's a luxury Hyundai line like Nissan/Infiniti

The Brits should repo the car for abuse, LH drive or not!

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/05/c...-as-a-hyundai/

Old 07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ I saw a pix of a Ferrari F430 in Korea with a hyundai badge.

I don't know what it is? They either work for the company or have some national manufact. pride.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:06 PM
bassholic
Banned

The Brits have a real Aston Martin "Vanquish" because their steering wheel is on the right.

Since my steering wheel is on the left, I should consider it a totally different vehicle: Aston Martin "Vanish".
Nice, i am only at the Vantage stage of ability to purchase an Aston Martin. How do you like the power of the Vanquish? I figure if i could or did buy a Vanquish i could not aspire for anything more.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveZ
The Silvia was never sold in Japan with a KA24DE, and 240's was never sold here with either the SR20DE or SR20DET. "Silvia" is not even the same as the S13/S14 chassis codes, that's just what it is based on. For example, really the only the 240SX Coupe is close to the Silvia body in that they share a chassis, but not even the sheet metal is the same - not even close to the same car. There areonly two JDM variants the 240 compares to remotely close, and neither is a Silvia.
Actually the silvia is a S13 or S14 in RHD with the CA18 or SR20 , and the 180sx is only a S13. The chassis is the same, all the sheetmetal except for the S13 sylvia front fenders, hood bumper is the same.

But like i said its not a Skyline unless its RHD , till then its a G35.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
StarChamp

Originally Posted by bassholic
Yes however THE CAR had to be badged INFINITI for a status symbol and for NISSAN to be able to import more cars, just as many more 'luxury' brands had done. Stupid N. Americans

Now why the hell does it matter the car was made originally in japan, and what does that have to do with rebadging?
If Nissan's ultimate goal was to import more cars, why did they start manufacturing them here? After years of interacting with the fine folks on G35Driver.com, I don't know of anybody who bought their G as a status symbol. For my part, I wanted the best high-output RWD sedan with a manual transmission in my price range. I would have bought this car if it still said Datsun on it. OOH, I just thought of another rebadging project!! So, I think it's more like smart and shrewd Japanese, rather than stupid North Americans. Spending $5k-15k more for a Ford rebadged as a Mercury or Lincoln, now THAT's stupid.

It only matters that the car was made in Japan because there is no Infiniti plant in Japan, so it sounds funny to me when people get bent out of shape about rebadging. Just making an observation, really...no deep insight or hidden meaning.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
StarChamp

Originally Posted by terrasmak
But like i said its not a Skyline unless its RHD , till then its a G35.
Can we settle on Sky35 (G-line has a nice ring, too), since Nissan didn't bother to switch the radio and HVAC controls over when they made my car LHD?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
skaterbasist

I have no problem with seeing people rebadge. I personally don't like it, and wouldn't rebadge to a "Nissan 350GT", but in reality, even though its not authentic unless its directly from Japan, the G is a Skyline 350GT... in Japan.

To each their own, but I bough an Infiniti, not a Nissan. Even though Nissan owns Infiniti, the luxury division of Nissan, It's still an Infiniti and not a Nissan here.

Like I said, I would not do it to my car, but I have no problem seeing anyone else do it; its their car, they can have it their way. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:44 AM
RBull

I can't understand why anyone would rebadge a car. Smacks of wannabe status IMHO.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:05 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skaterbasist
I have no problem with seeing people rebadge. I personally don't like it, and wouldn't rebadge to a "Nissan 350GT", but in reality, even though its not authentic unless its directly from Japan, the G is a Skyline 350GT... in Japan.

To each their own, but I bough an Infiniti, not a Nissan. Even though Nissan owns Infiniti, the luxury division of Nissan, It's still an Infiniti and not a Nissan here.

Like I said, I would not do it to my car, but I have no problem seeing anyone else do it; its their car, they can have it their way. Nothing wrong with that.

You still bought a Nissan.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Iv0rYg35

I don't understand the stupidity here...its a 350gt no way u slice it so take a deep breath & accept it. I had an argument with a local moron about my car & the idiot was like "if its really a skyline it would be made in japan & not in the usa like your infiniti is"...lets just say I made a $100 bet & collected it when I raised the hood & showed him the stamped plate where it was in japan & not in the USA. WhAt Eva.................
Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 PM
dTor

You still bought a Nissan.

+1

So did I, an "upmarket, four seat version of the 350z". I forget where that quote comes from; it was part of a review of the 2003 G35 coupe.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 PM
michaeljr6

jdm ftw
Old 07-20-2007, 06:23 AM
SteveZ

Originally Posted by RBull
I can't understand why anyone would rebadge a car. Smacks of wannabe status IMHO.
Get this through your collective thick head(s) - "wannabe" is pretending to be something it's not. Slap on GT-R badges, that's both Rice and Wannbe. Same badging as the same car wears elsewhere, NOT wannbe. By your logic I guess we'd call the Fairlady Z a "350Z-want-to-be"? If so, easy, rebadge it - its also the same d^mn car!

It's the same car, get over it - a Nissan V35 is a V35 whether it wears hamburgers or Infiniti badges. Same for the new models. Besides, no one's asking for your approval here, or understanding. Just telling it like it is, not like people "want-it-to-be"...I can't believe a trademark badge difference could cause so much ignorance - duh.

As for status, has nothing to do with unless you define status as "it has 4 seats" - I already had a 2003Z, I bought my V35 Coupe due to the need for 4 seats and the desire to stay close as possible to what I already had, period. If anything, removal of the Infiniti logos is anti-status in the USDM.

Besides, if I want Status I take my 13 year old Altima XE Sedan - now that's status!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Lawy'dU

The Silvia was never sold in Japan with a KA24DE, and 240's was never sold here with either the SR20DE or SR20DET. "Silvia" is not even the same as the S13/S14 chassis codes, that's just what it is based on. For example, really the only the 240SX Coupe is close to the Silvia body in that they share a chassis, but not even the sheet metal is the same - not even close to the same car. There areonly two JDM variants the 240 compares to remotely close, and neither is a Silvia.

wrong. The s14 was available with the ka24de. It was pretty rare because who would want a truck motor over the sr. The sylvia is the s13-15. You're rong there too unless you are talking about the 240sx hatback (with the pop up lights) which I believe was named the 180sx in japan.

The V35,Z33, steering position aside, have the exact same motor and power output both JDM and USDM (with the sole exception of the recently annouced limited run JDM NISMO model not sold here, with ~380 hp). The car is manufactured in Japan, in the same plants, same parts, interiors, other than the LH drive and badges, etc. it is identical, blah, blah, blah (that should cover the rest).

Differentiating cars based on LH vs. RH drive as "not the same car" makes about as much sense as the newer Mini's sold in GBR with RH drive are not the same car as the USDM model, just because the steering wheel is on the other side.
yeah. the rest of this seems right on. This whole debate is stupid. The car is a "skyline", whether to go the jdm route or not with the badging here in the states is a matter of taste, and it is completely correct to badge a v35 or even the v36 G's as skylines.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:10 AM
HipHopPro

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Its not , one is LHD the other is RHD Till the steering wheel is on the proper side.
So who as the real BMW? LHD or RHD. Who as the real Benz? LHD or RHD
Old 07-20-2007, 12:41 PM
RBull

Get this through your collective thick head(s) - "wannabe" is pretending to be something it's not. Slap on GT-R badges, that's both Rice and Wannbe. Same badging as the same car wears elsewhere, NOT wannbe. By your logic I guess we'd call the Fairlady Z a "350Z-want-to-be"? If so, easy, rebadge it - its also the same d^mn car!

It's the same car, get over it - a Nissan V35 is a V35 whether it wears hamburgers or Infiniti badges. Same for the new models. Besides, no one's asking for your approval here, or understanding. Just telling it like it is, not like people "want-it-to-be"...I can't believe a trademark badge difference could cause so much ignorance - duh.

As for status, has nothing to do with unless you define status as "it has 4 seats" - I already had a 2003Z, I bought my V35 Coupe due to the need for 4 seats and the desire to stay close as possible to what I already had, period. If anything, removal of the Infiniti logos is anti-status in the USDM.

Besides, if I want Status I take my 13 year old Altima XE Sedan - now that's status!
Down boy. No need for for the insults and attitude. I stated IMHO. I was speaking broadly about rebadging. You've also taken my word "status" in the wrong context- ie. state of affairs or situation. Let's just agree to disagree.

Last edited by RBull; 07-20-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2007, 10:17 PM
infinite_636

to all their own. i agree and disagree with many of you. if ppl want to put "H" on their acuras, its ok. If ppl want to put Nissan on their Infiniti, cool too. BUT if you mix and match like i saw a scion tc with Buick's 4 circle trademark on the fender of their cars. My friends and i just laughed. laughed. laughed....oh, and we pointed too

Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

This will really mess em the "F" up!

LOL!

Sorry I had too.... I love when dumb poeple ask dumb questions....

I see G's and 350GT's which one is it...its must be the Acura version...lol.

Im going all Nissan on the outside....maintaining my luxury Infinity on the Inside.

My two cents....cant wait for replies... I am locked cocked and ready to rock...lol

I hear brakes....must be a school bus near by?

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 07-24-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 AM
RBull

^ I like the plate.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 AM
HipHopPro

Thumbs up

I Just love it