Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

4DR G35 - JDM Wheels? What Kind? Got A Link?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Richy350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4DR G35 - JDM Wheels? What Kind? Got A Link?

I work @ Insurance Company as an Adjuster.

This is one of our insureds vehicle and he's claiming this our JDM Wheels, shipped straight from Japan to the U.S. Unfortunately he did not have additional coverage for the wheels, or the suspension. But we need prices on this parts.

Is there a Link where I can find this rims to find the cost?

Also he says, he was struck while parked.... this looks more like a drifting incident... wouldn't you say that?

EDIT:

Thanks guys for your help! I've deleted the photos.

I got what I needed,

Thank you very much again!

Last edited by Richy350Z; 08-17-2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:55 PM
OCG35
Banned

you're the insurance adjuster... why would you ask enthusiasts in a sports car forum?... (about the cause of damage)
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you get a closer/better pic of the wheels? Maybe even on that give us a better idea what's on the center caps?

BTW I call BS on the parked/strucked by truck story. Looks like he ran the car up a curb/wall/pole or something
Old 08-16-2007, 09:23 PM
OCG35
Banned

glad it's not my car being diagnosed in a forum like this... no offense to anyone but I'd be really pissed if I knew my insurance claim was being discussed on a forum like this.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:30 PM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Um, what are Z/G wheels doing on a Gs? Those ****ers stick an inch out of the fenders. And I highly doubt that happened while it was parked

Those wheels look to be MAE Jewel Dish - https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=280705
Old 08-17-2007, 05:00 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like this guy cant drive, or choose a correct offset for his car.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look like WALD rims to me

edit: dkmesa is right they are MAE

Last edited by Ghost 350z; 08-17-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:09 AM
michaeljr6

this is what i think happened....your client was playing around in his car (power sliding) and he hit a curb because he failed to maintain it. I bet he was in a parking lot when this happened. don't forget to check his shocks to see if it's blown.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:22 AM
Lawy'dU

looks like those tiny wheels with massive spacers that the thugs out west slap on their cars. I seriously doubt these are JDM wheels. EWWwwwwww
Old 08-17-2007, 05:31 AM
izmir41500

The are MAE Jewel Dish
Same exact ones seen here: http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...ight=mae+jewel
They look horrid and definitely not made to fit the sedan.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:35 AM
Moroccan_Mole

They are MAE.

They were bieng sold on here a little while ago.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

ouch!

anyone else notice the rear spring seat , on the ground? that left rear wheel to the brunt of the hit.

looks like he was drifting a parking lot and hit a pole base or curb
Old 08-17-2007, 06:04 AM
chobble19

you should b able to tell if this was while the car as still or not such as if the wheel has any rash like it hit a curb or like a car hit with paint on it....
Old 08-17-2007, 07:17 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not trying to hurt this guys claim, but **** like that dont happen while your parked, unless your car is a transformer who loves to drift?!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the wheels sticking out that far, i could see it getting hit while parked, but the thing that hit him had to be going pretty good to bust up the suspension like that. LOL
Old 08-26-2007, 10:06 AM
speedaddict

Hey Richie...why don't you state the whole facts since you're going online and talking about your insured client's claims...like the police report? Hmm...seems to me like there "may" be several witnesses in the neighborhood and possibly even an arrest was made?? Is it your company's policy to talk about other people's accidents and accusing them of drifting??? This is going to get real interesting...hope you're pretty secure with your job!

ps, I'm not the owner of this car....I do in fact own a bodyshop though and deal with many insurance companies.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by speedaddict
Hey Richie...why don't you state the whole facts since you're going online and talking about your insured client's claims...like the police report? Hmm...seems to me like there "may" be several witnesses in the neighborhood and possibly even an arrest was made?? Is it your company's policy to talk about other people's accidents and accusing them of drifting??? This is going to get real interesting...hope you're pretty secure with your job!

ps, I'm not the owner of this car....I do in fact own a bodyshop though and deal with many insurance companies.
glad to know I'm not the only one that felt that way...
Old 08-26-2007, 10:26 AM
speedaddict

and since you were doing some investigating...might have wanted to "investigate" to see if your client wanted you to post on a site that he IS a member of....

OOPS

I've been a member here for quite some time but always lurk....I had to step in on this one. Four words for you... "step into my office"
Old 08-26-2007, 10:41 AM
masterj26

Seen this on Houston Imports, I dunno what was posted up here before since the OP edited his post
Originally Posted by SikNLow
Originally Posted by SikNLow View Post
I have no words right now to explain what I'm going through but all I can say is it was a drunk driver with no license and no insurance, hit my parked car and kept going, if it wasn't for the whole neighborhood being outside and witnessing it he may have gotten away. But my neighbor followed him and brought him back right when the 1 time showed up.... and yes those were my new to me wheels i had just bought....this is so t3h gh3y

Originally Posted by SikNLow
thanks everybody for the words of encouragement and the sympathies. So here's the lowdown after taking the car to a shop and really getting a closer look at the damage.

The car was hit in the quarter panel/bumper/rear wheel. This caused a chain reaction, that had more to do with the wheel being pushed.

1. The quarter panel and rear bumper were damaged and shifted causing the trunk to not really warp but to shift as well and be misaligned in gapping and mounting (holes are stretched where it mounts).

2. When the rear wheel was pushed (breaking the axle and ripping...yes ripping... the lower control arm and mount from the frame) the quarter panel and the rear door were pushed forward.

3. This caused the front door to push forward.

4. This caused the driver side fender to push forward and upward a bit.

5. This in turn had the effect of pushing the driverside headlight and the front bumper and ruining the gapping and placement of thesefrom the original mounting holes since they are now stretched too.

6. It also had the nasty effect of pushing the hood over towards the right.

7. This caused the passenger side fender to follow suit with the rest of the body of the car and get misaligned and warping the mounting holes

8. The Airbags on the driver side are either damaged or just not lifting properly due to warped parts.

9. The rear driver side wheel is damaged.

10. My transmission may need to be replaced due to the fact that my car was parked and slammed forward.

Because of the damage to the subframe/frame and all the damage to the body (including the warpage of the mounting holes) the shop has deemed it, and will submit to my insurance, that it is a total loss. It would literally cost more to fix the car to it's original form than to total it and everyone cut their losses. The worst part is, to reiterate, THE GUY HAD NO INSURANCE AND NO LICENSE AND WAS NOT THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE TO BOOT!!!! He had no photo ID and was arrested, but let go in the morning, since he did come back with my neighbor it showed a willingness to claim responsibility so no charges for felony hit and run can be filed by the police. On top of that they cannot charge him with DUI since the police officer said he wasn't caught in possesion of the vehicle and came back riding in my neighbor's car. This means he can always say in court that he drank when he got home since he was nervous and wanted to come back and that's when my neighbor showed up and took him. He would be let go with the case dismissed.

I have full coverage including Uninsured Motorist coverage. My deductible is $250 and the insurance will not be covering my wheels or suspension since they are aftermarket parts and couldn't be added to the policy since the cost of both exceeded their limit for aftermarket accessories of $1000.

To those of you who may be wondering what the reason was for me not going to the SD meet was, well I had just received the wheels from HoeBag (thanks man) and my mufflers from Robert (thanks to you too) and was ready to take it to get the fenders worked to make the car fit the wheels and have my dream of wheel edge kissing fenders, and dual exhaust. Plus I had bought some replacement OEM seats that were all power and rear headrests so I could redo my entire interior to have it flow better with the black and ivory theme. These are all dreams that are lost in time now and will never come to be. the wheel is repairable since the face and the rear section of the barrel are undamaged and well the air suspension is bolt on and salvagable too, so the air suspension will be replaced to complete working condition and sold. My entire audio/video system has been removed as well as all my Garson/D.A.D accessories.

So what will I come back with next you may ask? .....TO BE CONTINUED, because I will come back ......