Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Scorch268

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Hey guys,
Long time reader, first time poster. First off, I was a heartbeat away from buying a Z, yet the "significant other" really wanted me to have a bigger car. I sold my E46 M3 for the G35c and have owned several high performance cars, which, I have tuned myself, some call it passion, my fiancee calls it annoying I have worked on the M, a S4, Supra MkIV, Rx-7 to name the more significant ones. Well, I thought the G would allow me to calm down a bit and I thought I could surpress the tuning bug a bit, I was wrong. Perhaps it is something about the arrival of summer that makes the tuner in my just explode, but I really really am getting the itch to do something to my car. After researching it for a bit, I have come to the conclusion that the aftermarket for the G sucks, with most shops focusing on the 350z. Although the two have very similar internals, I was wondering if I could perhaps use some 350z parts for my car. Currently, I am looking to install an exhaust, downpipes if available. My immediate question is this; I need a list of exhausts available for the Z and if any will fit (with fabrication obviously) the G and my more rhetorical question being, will there every be an aftermarket for the G? I know many owners are wondering the same thing. Well, i'll shut up now, any responses are much appreciated. Thanks guys!!
Old 05-22-2003, 02:47 AM
mcclaskz

There is some limited aftermarket already. The UR pulleys I have are also for the G. As for exhausts, the true dual Borla is supposed to be the latest and greatest. I don't know if they are planning on one for the G. Unfortunately for you, aftermarket is all about #s and I doubt they will sell 10k Gc compared to 30k Zs. I think I saw some iother tems at Gruppe-S.
Old 05-22-2003, 04:27 AM
Zrated

Default Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Originally posted by Scorch268
Hey guys,
I sold my E46 M3 for the G35c
Why on earth would you do that!?

Yes, I read what you wrote, but.........???????
Old 05-22-2003, 10:42 AM
DrRick

Default Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Originally posted by Scorch268
Hey guys,
Long time reader, first time poster.............. Well, i'll shut up now, any responses are much appreciated. Thanks guys!!
sounds like you listen to a lot of 680 the fan or 790 the zone. "hi guys.....first time/long time.........ill shut and listen". just kidding with ya man. anyway, stillen makes and exhaust for the Z as well as injen and B&B. hp gains are nominal but the sounds are nice. as far as downpipe, do you mean intake? DPs are usually aftermarket products for turbo'd cars. intakes can give some gains but with the "big brother" computer watching, again the gains will be nominal. hope that helps......

Doc
Old 05-22-2003, 11:23 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In a post by MaxHax he mentioned that the Unorthodix Racing underdrive pullies were maked on the box that they were also for the G35...
Old 05-28-2003, 01:21 PM
e46fanatic

Default Re: Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Originally posted by Zrated
Why on earth would you do that!?

Yes, I read what you wrote, but.........???????
why on hell would anyone even think about doing that?

It's like selling an EVO VIII to buy a dodge neon SRT-4.

I hadly believe this joker had an M3.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:40 PM
jetjammer

Default Ref: Exhaust

When I got my NISMO exhaust my buddy got one for the G35SC too. The only difference between the two was the length of the straight pipe. Too bad you waited so long to post, could've gotten that exhaust for $850 (used) last week. He sold the G. Anyway, my point being, the Borla sounds like a great deal. Probably only minor modification needed. Plus the Borla headers are available as well.

I'll probably need to post this as another post but....

Does anyone know if the Borla headers are a direct stock replacement or will it only work w/their exhaust? I think this might go do well w/my system as long as I don't need to modify the NISMO system.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:44 AM
Marc's R/T

Default Re: Re: Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Originally posted by e46fanatic
why on hell would anyone even think about doing that?

It's like selling an EVO VIII to buy a dodge neon SRT-4.

I hadly believe this joker had an M3.
What's so special about the M3? I looked at one and it's OK but you make it sound like it's the holy grail of cars. I'd take a Z06 over a M3 in a heartbeat. I guess the M3 is the only car that exist in your little world.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:00 AM
e46fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Originally posted by Marc's R/T
What's so special about the M3? I looked at one and it's OK but you make it sound like it's the holy grail of cars. I'd take a Z06 over a M3 in a heartbeat. I guess the M3 is the only car that exist in your little world.

riiiiiiiiiiiight.

did I say it was the holy grail of cars? did I even make it seem like I sounded to make out the M3 as such? NO.
I think I've made it clear in my other posts (if your nimble **** did a search) that I like a variety of cars such as the Z.
Are you simply slighted by the fact I chose an e46 as my handle?
Grow up.

Don't assume based on the fact that I merely pointed out going from an M3 to a G35 is fairly much a downgrade.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:43 PM
david borla

Thumbs up

This is David Borla from Borla exhaust. We have a G35 coming in soon. Please be patient. Thanks for your interest. You can email me at davidb@borla.com if you have any questions. Thanks again.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:53 PM
woogemooge

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

it IS the holy grail.
screw Z06...M3 all the way

riiiiiiiiiiiight.

did I say it was the holy grail of cars? did I even make it seem like I sounded to make out the M3 as such? NO.
I think I've made it clear in my other posts (if your nimble **** did a search) that I like a variety of cars such as the Z.
Grow up.

Don't assume based on the fact that I merely pointed out going from an M3 to a G35 is fairly much a downgrade.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:54 PM
woogemooge

Originally posted by david borla
This is David Borla from Borla exhaust. We have a G35 coming in soon. Please be patient. Thanks for your interest. You can email me at davidb@borla.com if you have any questions. Thanks again.
eh? is this THE Borla of Borla exhaust?
Old 05-29-2003, 11:11 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

according to TEIN suspension transfers over, anything for the motor transfers over except exhaust. ECU does not as far as i know, different code from the Z on the housing but that doesnt neccesarily mean they are interchangeable, technosquare will tell us soon.

id take an m3 over the z06 too but i would never buy either
R33 all the way until 911 Targa.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Marc's R/T

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Grow up.

I don't give a **** about your other posts, I was commenting on the last one you made. Why would I care what you call yourself? Sounds like you're the one that needs to grow up!

BTW, M3's are PURE HYPE!
Old 05-30-2003, 07:11 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Originally posted by Marc's R/T
I don't give a **** about your other posts, I was commenting on the last one you made. Why would I care what you call yourself? Sounds like you're the one that needs to grow up!

BTW, M3's are PURE HYPE!
dude chill, you sound like a troll
e46 has kept his cool while you scream at him like your a little toddlers who wants his pacifier.
why didnt you buy a vette? It probably would have been cheaper then your "fully loaded" G35. Out here corvettes are selling for $35K, even convertibles if you know where to look, and the midwest always sells cars for less then so cal.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Marc's R/T

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
dude chill, you sound like a troll
e46 has kept his cool while you scream at him like your a little toddlers who wants his pacifier.
why didnt you buy a vette? It probably would have been cheaper then your "fully loaded" G35. Out here corvettes are selling for $35K, even convertibles if you know where to look, and the midwest always sells cars for less then so cal.
Dude, you chill. I'm not screaming first of all and second I bought what I wanted and third I'm talking to him. He's kept his cool as I have, so what's your problem? I'm saying the same thing you said in your previous post, " id take an m3 over the z06 too but i would never buy either". I'll take the vette but I wouldn't pay a dime for either one of them.
Old 05-30-2003, 09:00 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

i always thought exclamation marks meant yelling...
Old 05-30-2003, 10:18 AM
Marc's R/T

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
i always thought exclamation marks meant yelling...
It does. My intent for using the exclamation points were to display my feelings more so than screaming at him. If we were face to face, I would not be raising my voice at him. My bad.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:03 PM
RedComet

grow up. Hell I am 16 and I am more mature than you are, thats pathetic...
Old 05-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Marc's R/T

Originally posted by RedComet
grow up. Hell I am 16 and I am more mature than you are, thats pathetic...
Woah! You're 16 now so you think you're badass huh? Who in the hell are you? Go change your diapers, I can smell you from here.

Quick Reply: a very frusterated G35 coupe owner :(