Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

G35 coupe lowering advice anyone? help a guy out...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 PM
Blackout_G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35 coupe lowering advice anyone? help a guy out...

heres the run down, i have a 06 6mt coupe on stock suspension, OEM 19'' rays wheels. looking to lower to car for a better look without sacrificing ride quality too much. by this i mean i don't want a softer ride than stock, but i don't want to feel every tiny bump on the road. trying to get rid of the very depressing wheel to fender gap. many people have told me my car needs to be lowered... so i'm going to do it come tax return time.

I've been looking at Tein H and S tech springs but can't decide.
S techs have a 425f/559r spring rate, and around a 1 inch drop.
H techs are lower at 324f/263r, and have less than an inch of drop.

does anyone happen to know stock spring rates? i'd like to be able to compare.

also what are your experiances, what kind of setups do you have and how do you like them. Also i'm assuming that sticking with stock shocks/struts "Should be" out of the question and that i should upgrade with some aftermarket parts as well as camber adjusters. does anyone know of a good "combo kit" or list of parts that has worked out well for them in the past?

things i'd like to know:

drop height:
ride quality:
spring rates:

Thanks for the assistance,

Tom
Old 12-17-2008, 03:31 PM
06platinumG

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This link should answer all your questions. Once you lower your car get some 15mm spacer on your stock wheels and you should look good.

http://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-s...w-updates.html
Old 12-18-2008, 09:11 AM
X.et

also run 350z springs they drop more and spring rates are more aggressive. the g35 specific ones are very soft, and for a good bunch softer than the stock sports suspension. I personally am most likely going with some 350z h techs but if the deal im trying to get right now falls through ill most likely being s techs or tanables
Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i put 350z h techs on my g35 6mt and it lowered it just over an inch and made the ride very stiff.

I had to use kinetix front control arms in the front and kinetix lower control arm and spc toe bolts for the rear to get it back into spec on alignment.

It's a lot more expensive than just lowering it on springs. I like the way it looks, but it rides very stiff now and cost quite a bit. it does not ride like a g35 anymore.

If I was to do it again i would go with g35 springs because they are closer to the stock spring rates and the stock shocks can handle it. The 350z springs are too stiff for the stock shocks and it is stiff and a little bouncy. I truely believe that new shocks for the stiffer spring rate are needed. maybe swapping 350z shocks onto it.

*side-note* I have inspected the shocks and my shocks are not blown and in perfectly good condition. They are just not built for the stiff springrates.

By the time you get all that put together you could have purchased tein basic coil overs and dropped it about 1/2" (so it still looks good) and the shocks would be able to handle the duty. I know many people here local that only lowered about 1/2" and didn't need the extra control arms or toe bolts to get it into alignment spec.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Gary C

Default Lowering vs Cost....?

I have the Tein 350Z H-Tech springs too but my ride isn't much different than
OEM and like Binder mentioned you NEED to get the suspension pieces to
bring your alignment back to stock. That's something to consider when your
only issue is the space over the top of the tires. With springs and the
a arms/toe bolts plus install the 1" drop will cost you close to $2K....something to consider.
Gary
Old 12-29-2008, 07:43 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have S-techs only and am likely running a few degrees neg in
the rear, however my tires have not had any unreasonable wear
over 30k miles.

If I were to start over I would prob go with coils and a camber kit.