Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Got LS1/LS2???

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 08:00 AM
nismo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiring??a/c lines????
Old 12-23-2010, 10:38 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo69
Wiring??a/c lines????
We offer a wiring service, ac lines are in the works and should be available in a couple months.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
nismo69

Whats the price on wiring? Also what will not be working, anything besides the tach? Thank you
Old 12-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by nismo69
Whats the price on wiring? Also what will not be working, anything besides the tach? Thank you
Well it's been a year and I yet to have discovered any issues.
The wiring was top notch and they even went through the trouble of dropping and labeling a tach wire for me so that I can come up with my own tach solution (which you've already seen). You'll lose VDC and Traction control but if you know how to drive you wont miss it at all. Standing burnouts are fun.
I don't have A/C yet because the kit wasn't available at the time of my swap but you can bet I'll have it before summer.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:52 AM
Havok_RLS2

Default Stop the press!!!

I just realized that this swap kit comes with the Sikky billet short throw shifter!?!?! WHUT?
Soooo not fair.

Sikky billet short throw shifter, standard with mount kit (over $550 value)

bottom of shifter, complete housing machined from one piece of billet aluminum

SikkyMFG can correct me if I'm wrong (but I'm not) but the above short shifter wasn't available at the time of my swap. If I'm right (I'm pretty sure I am) then the Sikky billet short throw shifter could be modeled after my Sikky modified Billet Products GTO Shifter.

Billet Products is a high performance parts manufacturer base in Australia. It cost me $500+ shipping.

SikkyMFG/JE Performance works their magic by cutting said $500 shifter in half (Because they're crazy that way) and extended it by 2 inches to fit PERFECTLY in the stock 350z shift location.

Almost a year later this show up.

Coincidence? Oh is gets better.

After doing some quick elementary school math of the cost for the "H" LS swap kit which doesn't include a shifter kit and adding Aluminum drive shaft (because the Aluminum cost $440 extra with "H" kit) without headers and comparing that to the cost of the SikkyMFG swap kit also without headers then you pretty much end up getting the SikkyMFG short shifter.... FOR FREE

I'm so jealous I could **** kittens.

I want it.

Last edited by Havok_RLS2; 12-24-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:01 AM
nismo69

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Well it's been a year and I yet to have discovered any issues.
The wiring was top notch and they even went through the trouble of dropping and labeling a tach wire for me so that I can come up with my own tach solution (which you've already seen). You'll lose VDC and Traction control but if you know how to drive you wont miss it at all. Standing burnouts are fun.
I don't have A/C yet because the kit wasn't available at the time of my swap but you can bet I'll have it before summer.

Awesome thanks for the info this clears up a whole lot for us. Ls2 here I come...
Old 12-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Zorgazm

that shifter looks sweet
Old 12-24-2010, 12:02 PM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
I just realized that this swap kit comes with the Sikky billet short throw shifter!?!?! WHUT?
Soooo not fair.

Sikky billet short throw shifter, standard with mount kit (over $550 value)

bottom of shifter, complete housing machined from one piece of billet aluminum

SikkyMFG can correct me if I'm wrong (but I'm not) but the above short shifter wasn't available at the time of my swap. If I'm right (I'm pretty sure I am) then the Sikky billet short throw shifter could be modeled after my Sikky modified Billet Products GTO Shifter.

Billet Products is a high performance parts manufacturer base in Australia. It cost me $500+ shipping.

SikkyMFG/JE Performance works their magic by cutting said $500 shifter in half (Because they're crazy that way) and extended it by 2 inches to fit PERFECTLY in the stock 350z shift location.

Almost a year later this show up.

Coincidence? Oh is gets better.

After doing some quick elementary school math of the cost for the "H" LS swap kit which doesn't include a shifter kit and adding Aluminum drive shaft (because the Aluminum cost $440 extra with "H" kit) without headers and comparing that to the cost of the SikkyMFG swap kit also without headers then you pretty much end up getting the SikkyMFG short shifter.... FOR FREE

I'm so jealous I could **** kittens.

I want it.
Yes, this shifter is the spawn of literally a year of engineering and tweaking and testing. Honestly we are glad it's finally done because it was quite an undertaking. And yes, it basically works out to be free when you buy the kit and makes our kit a no brainer over anything else that exists. Not to toot our own horn, but we purchased every short shifter available and tested every single one to see what was good, and not good about them. Some of the big name shifters out there came up very short and it was surprising how poor the quality was. Billet's shifter was the only one that held a candle to ours and this shifter feels better than all the shifters we tested. It will be available separate in several custom lengths including a setup for a factory GTO and Camaro. Now, a better quality shifter is available and you don't have to pay the crazy shipping prices from Australia.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:39 PM
tr_racing

Does the shifter fit on a TKO600??? Also can we bought it alone ???

Thanks!
Old 12-26-2010, 05:07 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tr_racing
Does the shifter fit on a TKO600??? Also can we bought it alone ???

Thanks!
Yes, it will be for sale on it's own. It would technically fit most GM trans(tremec), since they share the same shifter bolt pattern etc...We would have to test on that particular trans to give you a definitive answer. Since we will be offering several different lengths you should take some measurements and we can set you up with the length you need for the best shift lever placement.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:37 AM
QTB

You'll be hearing from me very soon friend! Funds are secured. Can you please PM with a package price for an LS2 drop in kit?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:54 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by QTB
You'll be hearing from me very soon friend! Funds are secured. Can you please PM with a package price for an LS2 drop in kit?
pm sent
Old 12-28-2010, 09:03 AM
tr_racing

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Yes, it will be for sale on it's own. It would technically fit most GM trans(tremec), since they share the same shifter bolt pattern etc...We would have to test on that particular trans to give you a definitive answer. Since we will be offering several different lengths you should take some measurements and we can set you up with the length you need for the best shift lever placement.
Ok which mesurment you need ?? I'm interest.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Ok which mesurment you need ?? I'm interest.

Thanks.
Ok, most tko 600 transmission configurations that I know of have up to eight shifter locations. The rear most is a 6 bolt. If you look at the rear most shifter position and measure from the holes closest to the tail of the trans, and then take a measurement from there to the center of your shifter opening that will give us what we need. The trans is installed right? Let me know if this is clear or not.

Last edited by SikkyMFG; 12-28-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
tr_racing

Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Ok, most tko 600 transmission configurations that I know of have up to eight shifter locations. The rear most is a 6 bolt. If you look at the rear most shifter position and measure from the holes closest to the tail of the trans, and then take a measurement from there to the center of your shifter opening that will give us what we need. The trans is installed right? Let me know if this is clear or not.
Ok, so you need mesurement from the screw hole, the closest to the tail of trans to the shifter hole ??? Yes the tranny is in.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:39 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Ok, so you need mesurement from the screw hole, the closest to the tail of trans to the shifter hole ??? Yes the tranny is in.
yes, from that bolt hole to the center of the opening in the floor should be sufficient.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:39 PM
nismo69

On this g35 how are you doing the fuel system? I see a an fitting on the stock fuel rails. Thanks for all the info can't wait to get this kit.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:47 PM
350Eazy

Sent a PM but got no reply.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

PM sent! for quicker responses please email us at sales@sikky.com
Old 01-04-2011, 11:16 PM
QTB

How much vertical clearance is there between the intake manifold and the strut bar?

Quick Reply: Got LS1/LS2???