Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Time Attack G35 - SOHO Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Dam, glad your OK. Any way to still post the info about please.

I would really like to know. Right now my Yaw sensor is able to be disabled with a switch.
Your wish is my command sir! - https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...ml#post9803150
Old 07-08-2012, 09:01 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

Originally Posted by SOHOMotorsports
Awesome, learned a little more about the system. Did you know it will also pulse the front brakes at minimal slip angle at race speed. I was wondering why my front brakes were getting killed, the computer was actually doing it with VDC turned off. Much better with it disabled.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:43 AM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default The Rebuild begins

After contemplating a few different rebuild routes and trying to be most effective and efficient with our small budget we decided to rebuild in a similar fashion as before but we will be tubing in the front end and tieing it into the roll cage for a safer ride. We will also be putting the new SOHO Motorsports turbo kit on it. And also we will be doing some serious weight trimming and also some new aero all the way around the car. As for now we are gathering all of the necessary pieces for the rebuild and we are beginning the process asap. Hopefully we will be back on track within the next month or two, we have a lot of work to do but nothing we cant handle. Ill be updating with the rebuild process but for now here are a few photos.

The replacement rear quarter of the car

The new turbo for the SOHO Turbo Kit, the Garret GTX35R

For more info on this check the thread - https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...turbo-kit.html
Old 08-24-2012, 03:16 PM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

The G rebuild is making a lot of headway this week, here is how she looks right meow, wait till you see the engine bay -
Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Andrei

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cut both fender aprons? Who is going to get it laser aligned and what are the machine specs?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:57 PM
bgood

man looks like you got lucky on the damage being only cosmetic.

i wasn't so lucky my frame got bent.

but i got it all lined up. wasn't that bad to fix.

let me know if you need help throwing it back together!!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 AM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Safety First!

If your friends with me on facebook then im sure youve seen this goofy as photo of me (Kevin) that Nik took of me. I went around nascar country today (Charlotte) trying out used seats from cup drivers and I have to say.... Tony Stewart is fat, and Joey Logano is the tiniest man on earth, and I almost needed the jaws of life to get out of his seat. However on the brighter side, Paul Menard and Dave Blaney are the exact same size as me, but Pauls seat was $3,000 so Dave's it was, but damn it fits like a glove and one hell of a deal from 2nd Chance Race Parts in Mooresville, check them out if your in the area. Great aluminum seat made by Butler and makes me as safe as humanly possible, along with the Hans Device. Can't wait to go racing!!!

Old 08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

The G rebuild is coming along nicely. Here is a sneek peak
Old 08-28-2012, 12:54 AM
mw9

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice build, love following this thing
Old 08-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Nunnally04

I'd love to see more of that tubular front end once you get it going. Seems like it clears up a lot of space up front. And it looks like you're doing more than just the front end, seeing those bars are running into the firewall.

Since you're running on a track, do you plan on running a V mount to help keep things cool? Check out the Twins Turbo Supra setup. Specifically part two on speedhunters. Amazing attention to detail.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/02/...ra_build_pt_1/

Last edited by Nunnally04; 08-28-2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Left out part some stuff.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:02 PM
NZMOWND

looks like it needs a Matte blue wrap
Old 08-28-2012, 08:33 PM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NZMOWND
looks like it needs a Matte blue wrap
Haha how'd you know?

Introducing the new livery for the G, via Forza haha
http://youtu.be/bW3wh28594U?hd=1
Old 08-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Z33_Taxi

No thread for the Z? On your site when I go to view it's gallery it says the link has been moved?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 AM
nova15566

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

good luck on the rebuild Kevin. I know you from facebook (pat d.). I hope I get a chance to swing down and check out that tube front frame. I really would like to do that when I go into my build a bit more and take my car back to the track.

When do you plan to have it back on the track?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 AM
NZMOWND

I'm Brett P from phenomenal vinyl! Haha
Old 09-02-2012, 10:23 PM
bigbenarmy

First arrived in purgatory, many players may feel not ACT1 pressure, it is easy to pass by. The ACT2 feeling various not suited to the RCC, various. Want to continue into the degree they go elsewhere, team friends with can too, but they could not separate based ACT2. This slightly eased until the 1.0.3 update to buy cheap diablo 3 gold, finally pile of dead bodies over of ACT2, but the burden of the repair is really terrible. Trip down to repair one of tens of thousands is a common thing, people feel very helpless. This time, why not go back to the ACT1 go to enjoy the feeling of rolling? After all, the game is to to the strongest Shuangkuaigan Well buy diablo 3 gold. So then this video let you step out of the shadow of this unpleasant. Since Beta after Kaka as we presented the first video works, I hope you like it. If your progress has been compacted the ACT2 enter ACT3, then the video you when the entertainment a look, and perhaps some locations will let you brighten? Here to help players who also slow progress. Mainly about the the ACT1 various MF point.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:11 AM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hi can a moderator delete this post and def this post before me that has nothing to do with anything? Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Andrei

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you align the frame with your tubular one? You're confident the car wont shake and it will ride straight at high speed, wont feather tires? For something that's welded on a laser guided rack, it's hard to see it working properly again...
Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 PM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

The people working on this car are people who have worked on NASCAR's there entire lives. They have done everything necessary and then some to get the car back to 100% and then some. We will address any problems we face as testing begins in a few weeks but we are confident there wont be any problems. We run a tight ship over here and when we do something, we do it right.

Originally Posted by Andrei
How did you align the frame with your tubular one? You're confident the car wont shake and it will ride straight at high speed, wont feather tires? For something that's welded on a laser guided rack, it's hard to see it working properly again...
Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM
SOHOMotorsports
Vendor - Former Vendor

Default Updates!

A few new updates:

This weekend we got the new NASCAR seat fitted and mounted perfectly, and awesomely tied into the chassis and roll cage! Safe as humanly possible, so I can go as fast as humanly possible. Not to mention way more connected to what the car is doing than ever before, providing me with more impact.

The beast has also gone back into the beauty! Also notice the completely cleaned engine bay and awesome front tubing and hood bar (bumper bar and rad/inter supports are going in now), all tied into the roll cage and chassis of course. The amount of extra room in the engine bay is unbelievable and the photo doesnt do it justice, I have better ones but we all know im a tease haha.

All of the body parts are now back on the car, except for all the fun aero and cf hood (once again insert evil laugh). Youll love the aero. Tasteful, not excessive yet very effective and mean looking as hell. Cant wait to see the bumper with the block offs and ducting for cooling and brakes. This car is gonna be badass! And it should be on time to re debut at Z Nationals!

Ignore the mesh that came with the bumper, this front end wont look anything like this when its done. Think G35 Nascar style haha.

Speaking of Nascar style, there is the front splitter that was on a nascar before my car and then survived the wreck perfectly which is amazing even if it is kevlar lol

Quick Reply: Time Attack G35 - SOHO Motorsports