Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

TWM Performance Short Shifter Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 11:31 AM
driftinvq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TWM Performance Short Shifter Review

I just finished installing my new short shifter from TWM Performance and all I have to say is it is AMAZING.

I seriously don't understand why our G35's didn't come from the factory with shorter throws like the short shifter gives...

It was a super easy install with the manual TWM sends in the box and the difference in the feel is night and day. The shorter shaft is also the perfect height for comfortable driving and this thing shifts soooo smooth even smoother than OEM.

I highly recommend this piece and you will NOT be disappointed I guarantee it!!

I know this review kinda sucks but I'm just so thrilled at this piece that I needed to give some feedback!

There's more tech info on their website page for those who want an in depth look at this shifter too

http://www.twmperformance.com/shorts...rtshifters.htm
Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

do ya REALLY like it ?......or jsut want the ten bucks?

Cuz i bought one, and its so notchy now that I cant even shift right anymore.. at all...jus sayin..
Old 11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
ian99rt

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccann101

Cuz i bought one, and its so notchy now that I cant even shift right anymore.. at all...jus sayin..
I have the TWM shifter in my Z and it did make it a little notchy, but a good weighted shift **** makes it ALOT better.

The TWM with the oem shift **** was still better then stock but coupled with the Forged performance shift **** it feels awesome.

Stiffer transmission mount also made a big difference.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:24 AM
TWM Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the review!

Originally Posted by bmccann101

A couple things. If the shifter is notchy (at all), then you tightened the lower pivot too much. It only needs 8ft/lb of torque on it which is not a lot.

Also, our review program has been out since October

Anyways, we've sold thousands of these and every-time someone complains about the shifter being notchy or hard to shift, every single time, they over torqued the lower pivot bolt. Simply loosen it up, and the difference is night and day

Patrick
Team TWM Performance
Old 12-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

it really is the transmission, I have a TWM and I experience the same thing and it has nothing to do with TQ

I couldn't really give a positive review because didn't really improve anything... I will most likely be pulling mine out and selling it, the stocker does just fine.