Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

the g35 is a 4 seater Z with more luxury??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How old are you? Please be a bit more mature in this thread and do a little more research.

1) The chassis IS the same. Stretched is the SAME.
2) Suspension is the same, the wheelbase makes it feel more firmer.
3) Interior is a given...
4) A carbon fiber driveshaft won't make that much of a difference.
5) Yep, your right, put those on a G35, and it will be dynoing the same, possibly even more due to the design of the front end.
Skipping 6-7.
8) Only the Sedan has memory seating.
9) G35 for 2004 does have tire pressure monitoring.
10) Skipping
11) Yes.
12) Ok and so?
13) Yep, so on...

Originally posted by zeroday
ah...no.

ok...this wasn't a question anyhow...i know for a fact they are different..just looking for more differences, here's what i got so far:
1. different chassis, the G has a longer wheelbase
2. different suspension, z's is firmer
3. completely different interior, z's is sport oriented, g35 is luxo oriented
4. different driveshaft, z's is made of carbon fiber
5. different intake, the z's is less restrictive
6. different stereo setup, the g35's radio is not easily swapped out for aftermarket due to it's integrated design.
7. g35 has dual zone climate control, z does not.
8. g35 has seat memory, z does not
9. z has a digital tire pressure monitoring system, g35 does not
10. g35 has auto on/off headlamps, z does not
11. z has a front strut bar, g does not
12. stock tires are different
13. seats are different
...diff door handles, headlights, sheet metal, mirrors, shifter, guages, etc etc etc

the engine/tranny is the same, and the VDC& STC system is the same..and maybe the brakes are the same.....
Old 03-08-2004, 03:57 PM
zillinois

Ok, I think I got it.

The G is a phenomenal car. Its fast, its luxurious, its got an incredibly new and appealing style, it handles like a sports car but rides like a luxury car and is relatively inexpensive. Really the G is a groundbreaking car in its own right.

However, the Z gets all the attention. Think of how many magazine covers the Z has got, think of the scores of articles, and think of how many websites are devoted to the Z. The Z barfs, and journalists line up to hold her hair back. The G is an afterthought on our boards and in the auto enthusiast world. Lets face it, if the Z didn't exist, the G would have no competition and would be seen as the radical car it is.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:59 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally posted by Dissolved
Heres a differenence you forgot zeroday:

The Z regularly hits high 13s. The G does not

Whatever dillusional G owner that said the Z is a stripped down version of a G needs to get their head out of their a$$.
90% stock 350z hit low 14s stock, as well as the g35s. Not 13s.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:06 PM
NismoKid

And does all of this really matter? No. The F355 can rape all of our cars, game over.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:10 PM
zeroday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you ask how old i am and yet you continue the pissing contest brought here by g35 owners? please show me where i have anything bad to say ANYWHERE about the g35 in this thread, or the other one. the only people i see repeatedly trying to trash someone's car are the g owners and i find it rather pathetic. my last post was out of pure frustration with the ignorance going on in here. i researched plenty, and the point of this thread (which has been utterly obscured with this g35>* attitude) was to raise the level of understanding on the board between the differences of the 2 cars. I KNEW they were 2 similar but also very different cars, and I was asking for input on the exact technical differences because guess what, unlike you, i don't have all the answers.

once again.. THIS IS NOT A DAMN PISSING CONTEST. grow up. Thank you.

Originally posted by G35_TX
How old are you? Please be a bit more mature in this thread and do a little more research.

1) The chassis IS the same. Stretched is the SAME.
2) Suspension is the same, the wheelbase makes it feel more firmer.
3) Interior is a given...
4) A carbon fiber driveshaft won't make that much of a difference.
5) Yep, your right, put those on a G35, and it will be dynoing the same, possibly even more due to the design of the front end.
Skipping 6-7.
8) Only the Sedan has memory seating.
9) G35 for 2004 does have tire pressure monitoring.
10) Skipping
11) Yes.
12) Ok and so?
13) Yep, so on...
Old 03-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Cheever

Zeroday, stop being so childish. I was just pointing out the obvious like you did a few posts above. Your the one that's turning this into a pissing contest.

There's so many similarities between a G35 Coupe and 350Z that it's not even funny.

All we need is the Nissan engineer that worked on both cars to post and confirm.

Cheever
Old 03-08-2004, 04:43 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

My god you act like a kid. Grow up man, don't tell me to grow up. I am not the one with a EGO problem it seems. You were wrong in that first thread and alot of people were correcting you. You didn't do your research well before that. You wouldn't post something as stupid as this either if you weren't trying to cause a conflict.

Originally posted by zeroday
you ask how old i am and yet you continue the pissing contest brought here by g35 owners? please show me where i have anything bad to say ANYWHERE about the g35 in this thread, or the other one. the only people i see repeatedly trying to trash someone's car are the g owners and i find it rather pathetic. my last post was out of pure frustration with the ignorance going on in here. i researched plenty, and the point of this thread (which has been utterly obscured with this g35>* attitude) was to raise the level of understanding on the board between the differences of the 2 cars. I KNEW they were 2 similar but also very different cars, and I was asking for input on the exact technical differences because guess what, unlike you, i don't have all the answers.

once again.. THIS IS NOT A DAMN PISSING CONTEST. grow up. Thank you.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:00 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by G35_TX
My god you act like a kid. Grow up man, don't tell me to grow up. I am not the one with a EGO problem it seems. You were wrong in that first thread and alot of people were correcting you. You didn't do your research well before that. You wouldn't post something as stupid as this either if you weren't trying to cause a conflict.
correction, alot of g owners were correcting me...and almost all of their responses were childish, and consisted of worthless fluff much like yours. i still challenge you to quote my saying anything remotely bad about the g35 in these threads...you can't can you...even with the MANY g35 owners talking smack about my car I refuse to stoop to that level. so how can i be the childish z>g35 hater that you are trying to make me out to be? the *stupidest* part about this thread is how completely out of context people like yourself have taken my comments.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:02 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by Cheever
Zeroday, stop being so childish. I was just pointing out the obvious like you did a few posts above. Your the one that's turning this into a pissing contest.

There's so many similarities between a G35 Coupe and 350Z that it's not even funny.

All we need is the Nissan engineer that worked on both cars to post and confirm.

Cheever
your post lacked objectivity, and ironically enough, seemed to be a bit childish. hence the cookie.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:12 PM
SeanG

Darn it!!!!.......I want to be childish too!!

Last edited by SeanG; 03-08-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Cheever

Ok, you win. The G35 Coupe and Nissan 350Z are soooo different.

Totally different engines. Hence the whopping 7hp difference.
Totally different chassis. Hence the wheelbase difference.
Totally different wheels. 6 spoke vs. 7 spoke.
Totally different comestice differences. Cant argue there.
Totall different suspension setup. The Z has supposedly stiffer shocks. Springs are supoosedly the same.
Totally different driveshaft. Supposedly makes a difference. Can't be shown in the real world.

Between the 150lb difference, extra horsepower, and better drive shaft, the Z manages to get like .2 secs better in the quarter mile. YAY !!!

Sure if you get down and dirty into all the technical details, the Z is different from the G35. However to the average enthusiast, the G35 is just a 4 seater Z, which I believe is the point that G35 owners are trying to make. Not the point that one is better than the other, which is what YOU are trying to say.

FYI: I don't own a G35 Coupe or 350 Z.

Cheever
Old 03-08-2004, 05:23 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by Cheever
Not the point that one is better than the other, which is what YOU are trying to say.

Cheever
and where did i say this? please point me to the post.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Altihaulic

lol, wow i had no idea this had gone this far.

zeroday i can't believe that you have gotten so bent outa shape about this.

no one said that the g is better than the z or vise-versa.

the g and the z are just cars that are based for diffrent needs that share the same platform, with minor performance diffrences.

this thread has gotten childish and immature. i don't know about everyone else but i would like to see this thread closed.

pz.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:13 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by Altihaulic
lol, wow i had no idea this had gone this far.

zeroday i can't believe that you have gotten so bent outa shape about this.

no one said that the g is better than the z or vise-versa.

the g and the z are just cars that are based for diffrent needs that share the same platform, with minor performance diffrences.

this thread has gotten childish and immature. i don't know about everyone else but i would like to see this thread closed.

pz.
LOL seems to me all you g35 owners have done in both threads is talk about how the g is everything the z is and more...how much of a superior value the g is etc etc blah blah...thanks for trashing my thread with this childish bullcrap guys, may as well close it.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:16 PM
tbcz

Different strokes for different folks. The Z is faster, the G35 is more luxurius and roomy. Both are phenomonal rides, and everyone here should be happy they have the privelege of driving them. End of story.

Oh...and thread closed.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:04 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

moved