Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Will baby seat fit back seat of coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:35 AM
jacka55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will baby seat fit back seat of coupe?

Here's a question for the family guy G35coupe owners:

The backseats have the LATCH system for a babyseat, do you have any trouble getting your child in and out of the car? I have an 10 month old and I am considering purchasing a G35c but need some owner experience. A friend says that as the child gets older their feet start kicking the back of the front seats.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Dizturbed

I was looking at the coupe and ran into the same question as you. The child seat will fit, but as your child grows, I think he/she will get cramped. My wife is about 5'5" and she was bumping her head on the roof in the back seat when we test drove a coupe.

Solution? Look at the sedan. I was completely against the sedan at first, but this past weekend I traded in my 03 Z for an 04 G35 Sedan. Black on willow, premium package, sport tuned suspension, and full aero kit. I love the car and think it looks great, especially with the full aero.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:53 AM
dragion

I first considered the G's, but couldn't resist the FX...this is the way to go if you have a family!
Old 06-28-2004, 01:22 PM
AXA_G35

Originally posted by Dizturbed
I was looking at the coupe and ran into the same question as you. The child seat will fit, but as your child grows, I think he/she will get cramped. My wife is about 5'5" and she was bumping her head on the roof in the back seat when we test drove a coupe.

Solution? Look at the sedan. I was completely against the sedan at first, but this past weekend I traded in my 03 Z for an 04 G35 Sedan. Black on willow, premium package, sport tuned suspension, and full aero kit. I love the car and think it looks great, especially with the full aero.

haha....you could have just kept the Z and bought your wife a minivan...
Old 06-28-2004, 01:29 PM
bansheeroars

Originally posted by AXA_G35
Ahhhh....someone thinks just like me.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:39 PM
Dizturbed

Originally posted by AXA_G35
Ha. Nice idea, but my wife is not the minivan type, thank goodness.

There were other issues besides the practicality with the Z. Even if I was in a position to keep three cars, I wouldn't have kept the Z. Too many problems in one year of ownership. Sure the Z was fun to drive...when it wasn't in the shop. Owning a Z was like a so-so relationship with a hot girl. Sure the sex may have been awesome, but the entire relationship left a lot to be desired.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:59 PM
jwg35c

Glad you asked. I just spent the last three months trying to figure out what car to buy. My last sports car was a 87 911targa. Sold it three years ago wanted something every since. The list of cars I looked at are as follows ( used 911 2000, CLK500, Audi TT, Audi S4, G35coupe) I could give a long list of reasons why chose the G35 but I'll just say that I couldn't be happier with the decision. Yes they have the LATCH system for a babyseat. My 6 month old son loves to ride in the G along with his 10 year old sister. By the way the G is much faster handles better and is much quieter than the old Porsche but I still miss her. Forget the sedan unless that's what your looking for. Take the suv on vacation.
Old 07-01-2004, 07:15 AM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dizturbed
Ha. Nice idea, but my wife is not the minivan type, thank goodness.

There were other issues besides the practicality with the Z. Even if I was in a position to keep three cars, I wouldn't have kept the Z. Too many problems in one year of ownership. Sure the Z was fun to drive...when it wasn't in the shop. Owning a Z was like a so-so relationship with a hot girl. Sure the sex may have been awesome, but the entire relationship left a lot to be desired.
what kind of problems did the Z have?
Old 07-01-2004, 12:37 PM
HipHopPro

Before you put the seat in your G coupe, or any car, get this.

http://shop.safetydepot.com/s.nl/c.3...it.A/id.482/.f
Old 07-01-2004, 12:44 PM
HipHopPro

I just got this from G35driver.com. The links are from one of it's member sac22223.
http://www.sacfijians.com/Rides/putin.mpg
http://www.sacfijians.com/Rides/takeout.mpg
Old 07-02-2004, 05:15 PM
G-Nite

my daughter loves my car and her car seat fits just fine - if you want the G - go for it....
Old 07-05-2004, 02:56 PM
argy

Just got my black 6 speed Coupe this past weekend. Sweet!!!! My infant car seat fits fine in the back. Having it rear facing makes things more difficult, but I will be switching to forward facing so that will make it a lot easier.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Dizturbed

accordfreak -

My Z had the usual problems. Front tires replaced, pulling right, driver seat fraying, grease streaks on the windows. All of these issues occurred multiple times. Also, the hatch panels fell off while driving and the lower sill body panel on the passenger side kept popping out from the side of the car. Not hanging off, but bad enough that it looked like the car was falling apart. I traded in a 2000 GMC Sierra X-Cab for the Z. In 4 years, the truck went in once for a power window regulator.

My own fault for buying an 03 instead of waiting for 04. I usually try to stay away from first year cars, but I couldn't resist the Z. In the future, if I feel like revisiting a car like the Z, I will first look at the G coupe...as long as my sedan proves it is a better car than the Z was.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:24 PM
luigimoto

When you have to put them in, especially rear facing, it is a pain. Once the kids are old enough to get into the child seat themselves (18 months or older) it is fine. They will kick the back of the seat but there is some seat organizer/ protector that will prevent your kids from putting marks on your seat. If you figure out how to make them stop touching it after zainoing it let me know.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:11 PM
G-Nite

Originally posted by argy
Just got my black 6 speed Coupe this past weekend. Sweet!!!! My infant car seat fits fine in the back. Having it rear facing makes things more difficult, but I will be switching to forward facing so that will make it a lot easier.

Argy - remember - there is a weight limit that you have to go by before moving to a face forward seat.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:31 PM
argy

Originally posted by G-Nite
Argy - remember - there is a weight limit that you have to go by before moving to a face forward seat.
My kid is about 22-23 lbs. I'll have to double check on the weight limit. Hopefully it's ok. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:05 AM
G3po

Default car seat

My 6 year old 50lbs sits in the back car seat all the time in my 6mt. Putting the car seat in and out is a pain, so I just bought an extra and it stays in the car. The back of the G35C is fine for kids and adults <5'7". Waiting for the electric seats to move takes a little patience. Any taller and they will bump heads on rear glass. But compared to most 2+2 coupes it is pretty roomy by comparo.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:39 PM
argy

We just upgraded from the infant to child car seats. I ended up buying an extra one also just for the Coupe. 23lbs should be ok for the front facing seat.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:43 PM
G-Nite

don't forget the leather seat protectors....
Old 07-12-2004, 02:18 AM
argy

Originally posted by G-Nite
don't forget the leather seat protectors....
I have some towels under and around the seat. Any other suggestions?