Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

Need help installing some Sparco Milano in my G35

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 05:50 AM
lou350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help installing some Sparco Milano in my G35

OK guys I hate the factory seats especially with the power buttons on the seating area is the most stupid idea known to man. There is no reason why the buttons couldnt have been placed on the side like every other luxury name car available. I was in the process of trading the car but decided to keep it a least a year which means another 10 months at least.

Sparco makes the brackets and the seats are gonna be black leather with the silver inserts. My only problem is I dont know how low the seats are gonna end up at...and nobody seems to know either. They told me if the seat is too low then I would have to custom fabricate the track which is more $$$$. Last time Im buying Infinity/Nissan..awesome engine and tranny but dont have clue on what an interior is suppose be.

Please if anybody can help a fellow g35 member that will someday help out somebody else who wants to do the same.

I originally wanted the Recaros "style" but recaro dropped the ball and hasnt made a track for the seats and also they might be too wide in the bottom. The sparco are about 19" in the bottom and that is sorta perfect.

these are what I really want in leather

but I have to settle for these

Old 08-17-2004, 12:01 PM
P_Diddy

do you have a coupe or a sedan? can you have them set up the seat on the bracketry to see how tall it would sit? The bottom seat cushion in that picture looks thinner than stock, it will prolly be lower.

If you have black coupe seats, my friend is looking to buy some for his sedan.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:21 PM
lou350

I have a 2004.5 graphite coupe with black leather interior...I found out that Sparco doesnt make the brackets for the G35 they have Wedge engineering do them for Sparco...Im not too happy about that. I called Wedge engineering and they told me the brackets were done for a g35 manual but never for the auto so now Im stuck. WEdge has no idea of how low they sit or anything...I wouldnt buy from them cause the guy told me his records show a 2000 G35 coupe then when I said its an Infiniti G35 he asked me who makes that
Old 08-17-2004, 05:11 PM
nuttyprof

the auto and the manual should have the same seats at the same height. those should be ok for you.

now about those stock seats. any chance of selling them or even better, giving them away? =)
Old 08-17-2004, 07:44 PM
lou350

Originally posted by nuttyprof
the auto and the manual should have the same seats at the same height. those should be ok for you.

now about those stock seats. any chance of selling them or even better, giving them away? =)
not according to them they said the driver's side is the same but the passengers side there is a difference...I think the hump on the floor is slightly higher on the automatic g35

I really dont know thats why IM asking but not too many people have done this to their g35

everytime I call people about the Sparco Milano in leather...the people selling the seat have never sat in one better yet never seen the seats in a car.

I hate to pioneer something this expensive especially when Im trying to work with the people making the seats and they are still doesnt really inspire me to take the task

everytime I see these seats in the Ferrari...I just want them in my G35...

check them out in tan

Old 08-17-2004, 07:49 PM
nuttyprof

oh man. that is awesome! i need them now. how much do they cost? shoot, ill try them in my car first if they can hook it up.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:08 PM
lou350

Originally posted by nuttyprof
oh man. that is awesome! i need them now. how much do they cost? shoot, ill try them in my car first if they can hook it up.
cheapest I found them is around $1200 from a reputable dealer...

IF THERE IS ANYBODY THAT LIVES AROUND THIS AREA

Speedware Motorsports
7509 159th Place NE
Redmond, WA 98052

they make quality brackets and are willing to make them for our car but they need a donor car for one day to get all the measurements

this way anybody who wants to change their seats to Recaros or Sparco the brackets are ready to go and from a reputable place

here is a pic of a bracket they made for a Ford 350 installing some Recaros Orthopedic

notice how flat the seating area is but has the buckets on the sides

Old 08-17-2004, 08:14 PM
lou350

these are the Milano Prestige and the cheapest I can get these are about $1300 but they are the most adjustable seats Sparco makes and they are handmade in Italy

I might get these if I can only get the brackets done....the seats has adjustable thigh support and lumbar support

and they look great
Old 08-17-2004, 08:32 PM
nuttyprof

that price is for each right? if it was for a pair, then thats a heckava deal.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:19 PM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You might try seeing if someone in the Northwest forum on G35Driver would be willing to help you out.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:44 PM
o snap its eric

i wonder how some racing seats would look in out G, i always wanted one but to my imagineation it looks weird
Old 08-18-2004, 04:00 PM
al503

Speedware has a good rep AFAIK. I got my helmet from them. I live about ~170 miles away from them so it wouldn't be very practical for me to get there and have them take a look. There has got to be someone in the seattle area that could do it.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:41 PM
lou350

I live in New York but if Id live 200 miles from there I would of drove there just to make the brackets and make them right

I spoke to speedware and they told me they had a G35 in their shop and asked the owner if they could use his car for some measurements and he refused

all they have to do is unscrew 4 bolts and unplug the plugs underneath....it took me all of 10 minutes to take them out.

then they would do their measurements

here in New York there is nobody who can do this type of fabrication

come on guys its not that difficult and Im willing to pay for the first set of brackets