Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

does lowering your car void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 07:47 AM
04DGG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does lowering your car void warranty?

I'm planning on lowering my car does it void warranty?
Old 10-09-2004, 10:17 AM
neffster

It would only void the warranty on your suspension. The car was designed to work with a certain setup: weight transfer, understeer characteristics, tire stagger, roll center, spring rate, shock setup, etc... These things are all "matched" to give a desired performance output.

If you start playing with the springs, you will probably wear out your shocks faster. This will not (and should not) be warrantied.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:29 PM
Built2shredZ

Default Re: does lowering your car void warranty?

Originally posted by 04DGG35
From what I understand if you go with Nissmo Type S Suspension your warrenty will stay good.

I'd verify it tho...
Old 10-12-2004, 11:26 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: does lowering your car void warranty?

Originally posted by 04DGG35
Here's Infiniti's anwer, from the web site.

"If you install non–Infiniti after-market products on your Infiniti vehicle, you assume the risk that if you later present your vehicle for a warranty repair, the claim will be denied if the repair is determined to be necessary due to the non–Infiniti part/accessory or its installation."

Frankly, G35 aftermarket lowering springs are simply not much stiffer then the oem springs, not going to be a wear factor. I would worry more about greater then 1.5" drops on a mild spring rate.

Concerning Nismo S-tune parts.

The only Nismo S-tune suspension imported by Nismo into the U.S. is ment for the 350Z. It can be used on the sedan, we even have a member here that has it on his sedan. Nismo does make a suspension for the sedan, but it's not imported here. We have two members here that have it, Built2shredZ is one of them. Since the Nismo S-tune is priced in the $1700 range, it compeat's with other parts and sytems that outperform it. And if one shops smartly one can accomplish the same end result if not better, for a fraction of the cost.

That being said, the Nismo S-tune suspensions effect on the new car warranty, only applies if the Nismo S-tune suspension is purchased from a Nissan dealer and installed by a Nissan dealer. Nismo parts purchased from outside vendors, or installed by anyone other then the dealer, do not have that warranty aggrement.

Thinking about that non imported Nismo S-tune sedan suspension, this begs the question. If a dealer does brings in a Nismo part that is not part of NimoUSA's offcial list of imported parts, does this sidestep things. do you in fact even have any warranty, be it for the car itself or the parts themselves? Also on the shocks themselves, how would they honor a warranty for something they don't sell here, officially?

Their are many different way's to lower your sedan.
1. Depends on how much lower you need to go to be happy, are you thinking about just lowering springs or better shocks too?
2. Will you find yourself so low that you have to get into expensive camber and toe correction parts?
3. What to you expect to happen with your ride quality and how much value to you place on improving the car handling?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Built2shredZ

You know what would be cool, if we could get a meeting with all the different owners of modded G35's so we could ride in each others cars to see how the different parts feel...
Old 10-23-2004, 06:28 AM
D_Nyholm

On Gsedan's post, would that mean that something as stupid as putting non-oem tires on your car will void your warranty? The warranty seems to imply that they 'could' say that if they want to.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Gsedan35

Originally posted by D_Nyholm
On Gsedan's post, would that mean that something as stupid as putting non-oem tires on your car will void your warranty? The warranty seems to imply that they 'could' say that if they want to.
I hear ya on that, I seem to recall they've said something about the effectiveness of VDC being compromised. Not that, that was a direct comment on any possible warranty issues however.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:45 AM
Gsedan35

Originally posted by Built2shredZ
You know what would be cool, if we could get a meeting with all the different owners of modded G35's so we could ride in each others cars to see how the different parts feel...
I can't tell you how much a agree with you. When we all go to meet's, that would be a great time to do that. At the last meet I attended, I took some of the guys for a ride in my car. Frankly, at any time I'm more then willing to do a ride and drive.