Notices
G35/G37 General discussion and news for Infiniti's G or for full Forums check out MyG37.com or G35Driver.com

wuts a good g35 exhaust??

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 01:58 PM
OvaYahead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have pix or a diagram of what the "electric cut out" looks like? or where is located
Old 11-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by OvaYahead
do you have pix or a diagram of what the "electric cut out" looks like? or where is located
I'm interested in this too.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:08 PM
jmorriso

Actually, that would be inaccurate. According to Sport Z Magazine, Injen overall is probably the best exhaust for power, appeal, and budget. I bought the Injen SES for $800 shipped. Good luck trying to do that with Stillen, ain't gonna happen. Anyway, I am having David (the editor in chief of Sport Z Mag) send me the results so we can all be clear as to which one is the best choice for your setup. As of right now, the best exhausts for power output is Injen, Stillen, Borla, and Nismo, not really in any order. Other than that, not much else is going to compare to these 4. Stillen is the heaviest of the bunch and is way over priced (typical Stillen). If you're looking for a bargain, choose either the Injen or Borla. They both perform well, yet the Injen has better looks in my opinion. Especially the angled pipes from the back....very nice. Borla is not polished and looks boring, but to each his own. Nismo has the best warranty, I believe.

One thing you may also want to consider if you get the Injen or any other dual exhaust, there is a middle and rear brace that sometimes if not installed correctly, the exhaust will rub (lay) against the frame and will cause a vibrating noise that will bother the hell out of you. You can simply wrap the exhaust with heavy duty exhaust wrap that you find at performance shops in addition to fitting it right. If you're local in DFW, TX, you could call Gotham Racing, ask for Aaron, he can get you some. Not sure about price, but I know it's cheap.

Jeremy

Originally posted by Hraesvelg
Sport Z Magazine did an exhaust shootout a while back on several exhaust systems, you might do a search and see if you can pull it up. Stillen made the best power but was the heaviest, search for the dyno's and decide on what's more important to you, sound, looks, price, power, weight.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:20 PM
jmorriso

btw, can someone please photoshop my stock wheels a dark graphite or gun metal color? Wanted to see what these will look like first before making a 2000 investment on wheels!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:39 PM
jmorriso

Okay folks,

Here's the information you all wanted! I cannot share all the details of these results, I do not have permission too. If you want to see the entire results, you'll need to subscribe to Sport Z Magazine, ask for Dave (Chief Editor) and he can set you up. No, I don't work for the magazine, I can only speak of the work they do and it's excellent stuff for our cars and FAQ's. I highly recommend you subscribe to the magazine....and yes, they do a ton of stuff on G35's and will do more this year....here's the link!

Sport Z Magazine (yes includes G35 coverage)

They have excellent articles, sometimes I don't know how I'd fair without it personally....

The exhaust contenders are Stillen, Injen, Borla, Nismo, and 5Zigen. I will only list power outputs, not anything else like weight, sound decimals, warranty, piping diameter, and tip diameter measurements. However, I will say this....it's true that Stillen is by far the heaviest, at least by double digits from the second heaviest. From heaviest to lightest is: Stillen, then Nismo, then Borla, then Injen, then 5Zigen. I personally still think that Injen is the best choice from the 4 above, hands down!! Don't waste your money on 5Zigen....sorry if you already have!

Stillen:

Peak Horsepower: 8.1
Peak Torque: 7.3

Injen:

Peak Horsepower: 7.6
Peak Torque: 5.1

Borla:

Peak Horsepower: 8.2
Peak Torque: 2.7

Nismo:

Peak Horsepower: 6.3
Peak Torque: 4.5

5Zigen:

Peak Horsepower: (-3.4)
Peak Torque: 0.2
Old 11-29-2004, 02:37 PM
neffster

Originally posted by jmorriso
Okay folks,

Here's the information you all wanted! I cannot share all the details of these results, I do not have permission too. If you want to see the entire results, you'll need to subscribe to Sport Z Magazine, ask for Dave (Chief Editor) and he can set you up. No, I don't work for the magazine, I can only speak of the work they do and it's excellent stuff for our cars and FAQ's. I highly recommend you subscribe to the magazine....and yes, they do a ton of stuff on G35's and will do more this year....here's the link!

They have excellent articles, sometimes I don't know how I'd fair without it personally....

The exhaust contenders are Stillen, Injen, Borla, Nismo, and 5Zigen. I will only list power outputs, not anything else like weight, sound decimals, warranty, piping diameter, and tip diameter measurements. However, I will say this....it's true that Stillen is by far the heaviest, at least by double digits from the second heaviest. From heaviest to lightest is: Stillen, then Nismo, then Borla, then Injen, then 5Zigen. I personally still think that Injen is the best choice from the 4 above, hands down!! Don't waste your money on 5Zigen....sorry if you already have!

Stillen:

Injen:

Borla:

Nismo:

5Zigen:

Injen is not a bad exhaust if you don't mind having the fiber glass particles blown out all over your rear bumper. There are numerous threads on this on G35driver.com where the glass packs break down over time. I'd rather pay more money for the FUJITSUBO and not have this problem. Pimpinpearl has an Injen exhaust on his coupe and it's loud!!! We've both ran at the track against each other and we've both dynoed on a dynojet, end result is cats, plenum and intake beat intake and exhaust (no matter how you cut it).
Old 11-29-2004, 02:59 PM
G352NV

Thats been fixed, the rep for injen posted this on g35driver. The send me new stuff.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:05 PM
jmorriso

Originally posted by G352NV
Thats been fixed, the rep for injen posted this on g35driver. The send me new stuff.

Yea, I thought it was too, I haven't had that problem at all. It's performed very well, hasn't let me down yet! But that's good info to know for earlier versions, so thanks!!

J
Old 11-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Cruz

Here's the setup I'm going w/:

UT Ypipe which is on right now. Fitment was perfect & sounds awesome...unnoticable @ low rpm but sounds mean when opened up. Performance wise...noticed minimal HP gains on the butt dyno. I'm guessing maybe 5 - 7 hp.

+

Blitz Nur Touring which is on order...should get it by Xmas. Darren @ Intense Motorsports says they've been delayed due to USDM fitment issues.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:35 PM
LSU0720

Okay folks,

Stillen:

Injen:

Borla:

Nismo:

5Zigen:

How about Greddy EVO 2
Old 11-29-2004, 08:39 PM
jmorriso

not sure about greddy evo 2, but im sure a lot of folks might know that...i'll see what i can find out
Old 11-29-2004, 08:49 PM
jmorriso

nice cruz...sounds like a good setup, hope it works out for ya!! let us know and send some pics over too...later
Old 11-29-2004, 09:08 PM
LSU0720

not sure about greddy evo 2, but im sure a lot of folks might know that...i'll see what i can find out
thank you so much ..i have Greddy EVO on my 01 eclipse GT and it sounds awsome ..so i wonder if it would sounds good on G ...
Old 11-29-2004, 09:24 PM
jim@streetimage

If you are looking for the Greddy Evo 2 send me a PM. I will give you a great deal.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:47 AM
andypandy

RS*R... beautifully crafted, lightweight and powerful. VERY loud though... i have the silencers on and it is still a bit loud. sounds like stock at 2500 rpm though, which is great for highway cruising (around 70~75 mph).