Notices
G35Driver/MyG37/ZDriver Temp forum This is a temp forum for the G35Driver/ZDriver/Myg37 Refugee's while the sites are down

Plenum Spacer + Stillen Intake Recommended?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Philly_G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineGT
Ah, ok thanks a lot guys. I'll probably look into getting a plenum spacer...I want to avoid getting an intake unless it truly helps with power over a drop in filter replacement. Anyone tried this comparison?
The Z-Tube isn't a CAI. It just replaces the intake pipe between the stock filter and the plenum. The stock G intake has a resonator which helps to baffle sound and the Z-Tube doesn't. It's really more of a sound mod than anything.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:54 PM
RedlineGT

Originally Posted by Philly_G35
The Z-Tube isn't a CAI. It just replaces the intake pipe between the stock filter and the plenum. The stock G intake has a resonator which helps to baffle sound and the Z-Tube doesn't. It's really more of a sound mod than anything.
Yeah, I got that - My point is that the tube itself isn't too restrictive (maybe a little smaller aftermarket) and all that seems to be in the way is the stock airbox. My question is, does putting a cone filter and heat shield (which it looks like many intakes consist of) really do much more than simply inserting a good drop-in filter element?
Old 02-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Heero

I am purchasing the Stillen Intake from a member on this board. Is it wise to go for the intake first? I cannot afford to buy a plenum and an intake for now, so I decided to go for the intake first. If it's just the sound that it improves, I wouldn't mind going for the intake just for that first. The plenum will be next on the list!