Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Greddy Evo2 Exhaust Gains HP for N/A?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 03:31 PM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Greddy Evo2 Exhaust Gains HP for N/A?

So I've been tryin to find the answer to this HP dealy with the Evo2 exhaust on NA 350s. I just installed it couple days ago and with the butt dyno, it felt a bit faster at first but then today after some practice runs with it, it might seem like it lost a bit of power now that I have this exhaust. I have stock headers and cats right now. Maybe I got used to the power or somethin. Does anyone have a dyno of this exhaust for NA? Can anyone enlighten this situation? Im sure an answer would help many Evo2 exhaust users. Thanx.

Last edited by nitrousoxidex; 01-04-2005 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 AM
atadlo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for this...

i've tried searching all over, seems that no one has posted numbers stemming from a N/A 350, but there was a F/I owner that gained some 30+ hp at the wheels with his Greddy TT kit just by using the Evo2 exhaust. i dont doubt a quality product from Greddy, but i would enjoy seeing some hard numbers and such.

ps. i believe the Evo2 is supposed to be fairly deep (at least at low rpm's, how do you like the sound? satisfied or too quiet?
Old 01-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Zexy

Maybe it's the car different heat cycles?

The ECU ruins it as well. Those POS emission barriers placed on our ECUs are a ***** as well. I say you'll need a reflash, and a SAFC to correct it, and get some power out of it. The more breathing mods you put on the car, the leaner it gets.

350z=Not easy to tune.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:24 AM
GQ 350z

So if I was about to get the Evo 2, I would have to get the tune? I have an 04, thus am worried about the tunability.

I assumed that there would be a loss in low end torque, but a gain in the upper RPM's.

Can someone please verify this to be true, and post n/a dyno gains?

Also, compared to the injen straight tip, would this provide similar gains on a turbo or SC setup?

Thanks
Ravi!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:30 AM
Zexy

You don't have to get a tune. From what i've seen people gain very little power from the usual bolt on's. After bolt on's the Z's tend to run lean due to the mods, i would think the ECU won't give more fuel(gay *** emissions) to accomodate the extra air the motor is breathing in= Get a reflash done to gain more power, and run a little richer.

I would also get a true dual exhaust(injen, HKS) as well.

Anybody correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:32 AM
GQ 350z

You mean you would get an Injen Straight Tip instead of the EVO 2?

I know air mods cause a lean condition, but still after resetting the ECU people have notice SOTP gains.

Hit me up with more insight.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Zexy

Hmmmm, that's a hard one. Greddy evo has grapeshooter tips and isn't even a true dual. Nevermind, i would choose Injen. Get I/H/E/P done, and then get a reflash. I would consider getting a SAFC as well to clean/tune the curve a bit after. I would not know how the car reacts in terms of re-setting the ECU.

What is SOTP? Sorry

Why aren't others chiming in??????
Old 01-05-2005, 05:05 PM
GQ 350z

SOTP= seat of the pants.

Hahah, kind of like your "physical dyno."

Basically, the piping on the EVO2 is larger, compared with the Injen. I was heavily leaning towards the Injen, but I think I'm going to go with the EVO 2 now after riding in my friends TT Z.

The N/A gains aren't great, but I'm sure it will be worth it. I was always under the impression the Greddy was true dual?

Can any owners chime in please?
Old 01-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Zexy

*chirp chirp* should be any minute now.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:29 PM
nitrousoxidex

Does anyone think therell be a loss of HP? Cuz im not sure if its me or somethin but it feels a slight bit slower. I should of done baseline dyno then dyno it now. Sheit.
Old 01-06-2005, 02:04 AM
MarquisDeSam

greddy is TRUE DUAL. it replaces the Y Pipe. Check out HKS new Hi Power true dual exhaust with burnt titanium canister tips. hottest exhaust out there IMHO. (Aside from the diva of all exhausts, AMUSE, of course.)
Old 01-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Zexy

Originally posted by MarquisDeSam
greddy is TRUE DUAL. it replaces the Y Pipe. Check out HKS new Hi Power true dual exhaust with burnt titanium canister tips. hottest exhaust out there IMHO. (Aside from the diva of all exhausts, AMUSE, of course.)
Uhhh no it isn't buddy. True dual tips, if i recall it has a y pipe coming down to one pipe, then a dual.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:04 PM
nitrousoxidex

Originally posted by Zexy
Uhhh no it isn't buddy. True dual tips, if i recall it has a y pipe coming down to one pipe, then a dual.
its sorta like an x pipe where they get together for like around 6 inches or somethin.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:18 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was one of the first to have the EVO2 (got it back in April of '04), and yes, you do lose some low end torque when N/A. My goal (aside from the cool sound of this exhaust) is to prepare for the needs of F/I. I am getting on the dyno at AAM tomorrow, so I will post my results up here when I get them. I also have the Random-Tech Cats. Problem is I didn't baseline the car at stock, so we really won't know what the gain is, but I'm hoping i can speculate that I'm over 300 at the crank. the reported gain for this exhaust/cats combination is something like 13-17 HP, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Last edited by kcobean; 01-08-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 03:51 PM
GQ 350z

Kelly, we want those dyno results!!

LOL I can't wait

Ravi
Old 01-09-2005, 04:22 PM
kcobean

Posted this in the other EVO2 thread we've participated in as well....Just being complete....

The best of my 2 runs on the dyno showed a 238.7HP and 233.1 TQ, SAE corrected.. The uncorrected # was 246.9HP, not sure what the torque was because I never actually saw the graph. I've heard that this dyno reports a little on the low side, but I can only post what's on the chart. I was the first Z on the dyno, so I have no idea what the guys with stock systems are running, but I'm guessing that they were in the same neighborhood, which means that I'm essentially seeing no gain from the EVO2 or the RT cats. I'm not really worried about any of this because I know that the exhaust/cats will pay off once the F/I is in place.

Anyone else have stock numbers they'd care to post?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:50 PM
GQ 350z

Kelly, first off thanks for the dyno numbers, they are much appreciated.

Second, is there any way to get pics of the dyno results?

I was just thinking that maybe we shouldn't be worried so much about the peak hp number but perhaps we should look at the area under the cover to tell the true story.

Is there any way to get those scans? Almost all aftermarket Z owners say the top end improved (after exhaust install) so maybe even though the peak number hasn't changed, the usable amount of power has?

Thanks in advance and do you have an AOL screen name? I want to discuss this further.

ravi
Old 01-09-2005, 06:12 PM
kcobean

Originally posted by GQ 350z
Kelly, first off thanks for the dyno numbers, they are much appreciated.

Second, is there any way to get pics of the dyno results?

I was just thinking that maybe we shouldn't be worried so much about the peak hp number but perhaps we should look at the area under the cover to tell the true story.

Is there any way to get those scans? Almost all aftermarket Z owners say the top end improved (after exhaust install) so maybe even though the peak number hasn't changed, the usable amount of power has?

Thanks in advance and do you have an AOL screen name? I want to discuss this further.

ravi
Let me run down and put my printout on the scanner. My AOL S/N is the same as this one, kcobean. Hit me up anytime.

In the meantime, these numbers were generated at 6200 RPM. There was some taper after that, but I'm not sure if that was because they let off the gas or beause the curve actually fell off.

Be right back with that pic...
Old 01-09-2005, 06:35 PM
kcobean

Well, it turns out that my crappy scanner can't pick up the actual power/torque curves on the graph (which are pretty faint to start with). Sorry. It's interesting though, the curve of the first run is completely different than that of the second run, which makes me question the validity of these measurements. I'll see if I can find a way to get this darn graph up here on the board. Maybe I'll take a pen and darken up the curves.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:00 PM
GSoccer24

I emailed GReddy about the gains. They couldn't provide dyno graphs, but said to expect a 3-6% increase in current power on an N/A setup and a 12-15% gain for F/I. Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Greddy Evo2 Exhaust Gains HP for N/A?