Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Without the silencers? PIT xhaust sound?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Mr_Q

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Without the silencers? PIT xhaust sound?

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/soun...%20exhaust.wma

It's that "cheap" exhaust horsepowerfreaks.com carry. I am not terribly interested in power gains, mainly because I know the ECU really doesn't allow for much with bolt ons, but I am looking for mean sound.

That thing sounds great but I wonder if that's with or without the silencers?

If it's without then cool, it's not too loud in my book. If it's with them in, then cool it sounds great. I then probably won't get any HP gains...I just hope I wouldn't lose any!

Thanks for any heads up.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:38 AM
hbm21rx

Default Re: Without the silencers? PIT xhaust sound?

Originally posted by Mr_Q
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/soun...%20exhaust.wma

It's that "cheap" exhaust horsepowerfreaks.com carry. I am not terribly interested in power gains, mainly because I know the ECU really doesn't allow for much with bolt ons, but I am looking for mean sound.

That thing sounds great but I wonder if that's with or without the silencers?

If it's without then cool, it's not too loud in my book. If it's with them in, then cool it sounds great. I then probably won't get any HP gains...I just hope I wouldn't lose any!

Thanks for any heads up.
Im in the same boat, i took a look at it and i ordered it just now. Thanks, otherwise i would've never known this existed. I'll post when i have it installed, I cant wait!!
Old 02-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Mr_Q

Heh, okay, cool. Please reply back to this thread when you're done.

If you dyno your car, post the before and after too.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:19 PM
hbm21rx

Yeah, i will, but i dont know where i can dyno my car in Miami or in Miramar, if anyone knows and how much it costs id appreciate it.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:44 PM
hbm21rx

My exhaust should me coming in on tuesday and i hope everything goes well and i can get it installed the same day. Cant wait!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Mr_Q

Originally posted by hbm21rx
My exhaust should me coming in on tuesday and i hope everything goes well and i can get it installed the same day. Cant wait!
Cool, I'm the fence with that one and the more $$$ Ingen SES. I KNOW the Ingen rocks.

Be sure to run it with and without the silencers too..if you can...post recordings at idle, WOT and a steady 4000 rpms.

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2005, 04:46 PM
hbm21rx

Cool, I'm the fence with that one and the more $$$ Ingen SES. I KNOW the Ingen rocks.

Be sure to run it with and without the silencers too..if you can...post recordings at idle, WOT and a steady 4000 rpms.

Thanks!
ohh trust me i will, and i will most likely spend the whole day just listening to them, lol.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:34 PM
kto

I've had mine for over 3 months with the addition of the Gruppe s Y-pipe and love it. I posted a review a while back. Deep exhaust note, nice butt-dyno gains through mid-range. No silencers on and no droning inside cabin. The only annoying factor is that the passenger muffler rubs against the black evap box. For the price, it can't be beat. If you were local Socal resident, I'd be more than happy to showcase it for you.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Mr_Q

Originally posted by kto
I've had mine for over 3 months with the addition of the Gruppe s Y-pipe and love it. I posted a review a while back. Deep exhaust note, nice butt-dyno gains through mid-range. No silencers on and no droning inside cabin. The only annoying factor is that the passenger muffler rubs against the black evap box. For the price, it can't be beat. If you were local Socal resident, I'd be more than happy to showcase it for you.
Sweet, I am . I work in Culver City from 10am to 9pm M-F and even weekends. I am at work right now actually.

Be cool if we could meet up. I work in an industrial park so you can be as noisy as ya want too.

PM if that's cool and I'll give my info.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:35 PM
hbm21rx

Originally posted by kto
Why do i live in Florida, why!? I need to move. Are they loud, i mean do they have excessive raspiness? How is the look in person, do they look aggressive, becuase the pics are no good on teh website, ohh can u post some for us. thanks
Old 03-02-2005, 03:14 PM
hbm21rx

Yes this exhaust is amazing, very nice deep sound, i got many compliments as i drove home from the shop after installation. NIce strong sound, hardly any rasp. It does rub against one of the pieces under the car, the tips could be a little bit larger, but i wouldnt change that if i lost the sound. Amazing, sounds great, doesnt bother u inside the car, and isnt too loud, but very nice. IT looks good and its an awesome price, i got mine on clearance for 449 shipped. I will have some pics and sound clips, later this week.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Mr_Q

Originally posted by hbm21rx
Yes this exhaust is amazing, very nice deep sound, i got many compliments as i drove home from the shop after installation. NIce strong sound, hardly any rasp. It does rub against one of the pieces under the car, the tips could be a little bit larger, but i wouldnt change that if i lost the sound. Amazing, sounds great, doesnt bother u inside the car, and isnt too loud, but very nice. IT looks good and its an awesome price, i got mine on clearance for 449 shipped. I will have some pics and sound clips, later this week.
Sweet, with or without silencers so far?
Old 03-02-2005, 03:42 PM
hbm21rx

Sweet, with or without silencers so far?
With silencers it sounds ok, i have to listen to it with them on again, but i think it didnt have any of the bassy sound to it. It kinda sounded raspy, like the stock but with no deep sound, ofcourse louder. But i did it without them in it really sounds great, im telling you, this is an awesome exhaust, it really filled my expectations.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:09 PM
kto

don't need the silencers. it's perty quiet. from a scale of 1-10, 10 be sh-t loud, it's a 6-7.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:18 PM
kto

don't need the silencers. it's perty quiet. from a scale of 1-10, 10 be sh-t loud, it's a 6-7.
Old 03-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Strife350z

for reference, what would you rate the stock exhaust?

just so I have an idea of what you consider loud
Old 03-03-2005, 05:27 PM
hbm21rx

ITs not an annoying loud, but it depends on the rpm's ur running, it can get very nice and loud, but it doesnt drone. I replied to ur pm.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:41 PM
hbm21rx

Oh yeah if u want those rice burners to fear you and to put their cars back in their place this is an awesome exhaust for that.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:42 AM
hbm21rx

pic 1
Attached Thumbnails Without the silencers? PIT xhaust sound?-cimg0059.jpg  
Old 03-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Strife350z

nice pic... any sound clips?

Quick Reply: Without the silencers? PIT xhaust sound?