Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

JIC Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JIC Exhausts

JIC's come out with five different exhaust systems for the Z.

There's the Bullet 505 in Titanium and SS. There's also a 505 with a SUS tip (dunno what exactly that means). These systems are single outlet. There's also a twin Bullet 505 with twin outlets. Lastly, there's a DE Type II which has a very stock look. No dyno info or sound files as of yet.

Last edited by Traffic; 11-17-2002 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:59 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default how much can I expect from an after market system?

How much hp can someone expect from a after market exhaust system? Is it really just for sound or is there a possibility of real hp gain to be had for these things. I know it is a new car so I am asking in reference to other experiences you guys have had...
Old 11-17-2002, 11:10 PM
Schatten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no idea on the hp increase, but with a Ti exhaust, I'm sure you'll shave some pounds. I have a few of the JIC's up for grabs here:

http://www.importdevelopment.net/ite...hp?category=56

If you want one of the exhausts, I'd be willing to give a discount for a before/after dyno of the exhaust. =)

Currently working on the 350z section of the site, but I'll be carrying all the JIC stuff.
Old 11-18-2002, 01:39 PM
NittoZ
Charter Member #65

What kind of discount? How does it sound?

NittoZ
Old 11-18-2002, 02:48 PM
roberto350z

so far NO exhaust has seen any more than a 7hp increase (assuming the nismo filter gave hp). Really! Do you want to spend 1k in 7hp. No thanks!
Old 11-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Schatten

%wise of the gain, that's what you are looking for - at the wheels. for this car, 7hp sounds like a good deal for me, I wish it were the same trade off for the S2000: $1K exhaust = 7RWHP.

dont forget, the diet of your car, if you go with Ti or a lighter exhaust: ~14lbs. = 1hp

as far as dyno discount goes, send me an email and I'll get back t you on that. randy@importdevelopment.net Thanks!
Old 11-18-2002, 03:43 PM
TJZ

Originally posted by roberto350z
so far NO exhaust has seen any more than a 7hp increase (assuming the nismo filter gave hp). Really! Do you want to spend 1k in 7hp. No thanks!
If you don't want to pay out the money for NA mods, then they just aren't for you. These are pretty good gains. What the hell were you expecting? If you don't wanna mod your car, that's cool. But others do, so chill out on trying to make these exhausts sound bad.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:22 PM
Traffic

Don't jump the gun. The B&B exhaust was dynoed at a 7 hp gain, the Amuse exhaust showed a 11 hp gain, which went up to 26 hp with their reworked midpipe. Also, we've got no dyno info as of yet from JIC or Top Secret, nor do we have any systems from HKS, GReddy, Apex'i or Blitz. Be patient.

Schatten,

I'd be quite willing to try out the DE Type II exhaust, but I'll be damned if I know of a place anywhere near me with a dyno... PM me if you want to do business--
Old 11-18-2002, 07:11 PM
roberto350z

Originally posted by TJZ
What the hell were you expecting? If you don't wanna mod your car, that's cool. But others do, so chill out on trying to make these exhausts sound bad.
you make yourself look bad ranting like that...

give me GAINS, and Ill give my money
Old 11-18-2002, 07:16 PM
roberto350z

Originally posted by Daytona
Amuse exhaust showed a 11 hp gain, which went up to 26 hp with their reworked midpipe.
id pay 1k for that, plus a k for a chip for another 15hp... YEAH YEAH 2k for 41 hp, now its on!
Old 11-18-2002, 07:26 PM
TJZ

you make yourself look bad ranting like that...

give me GAINS, and Ill give my money
7hp is a good amount of gain for the money in a NA car. Do you have any experience with modding a NA car? You make yourself look bad by dissing every product that comes out when it's clear that you don't know much on the subject. I would recommend you not mod your car if you're somehow expecting big gains. If someone has told you of huge gains by bolt-ons they have misled you. I have a problem with you not liking this product or with not wanting to modify your car. I do have a problem with you implying that this is a bad product or isn't worth the money.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:26 PM
z461

Originally posted by Daytona
Don't jump the gun. The B&B exhaust was dynoed at a 7 hp gain, the Amuse exhaust showed a 11 hp gain, which went up to 26 hp with their reworked midpipe. Also, we've got no dyno info as of yet from JIC or Top Secret, nor do we have any systems from HKS, GReddy, Apex'i or Blitz. Be patient.

Schatten,

I'd be quite willing to try out the DE Type II exhaust, but I'll be damned if I know of a place anywhere near me with a dyno... PM me if you want to do business--
Umm..and where can I get this Amuse exhaust??
Old 11-18-2002, 08:14 PM
roberto350z

Originally posted by TJZ
You make yourself look bad by dissing every product that comes out when it's clear that you don't know much on the subject.
I used to respect you...but youre ill tonight.

my 280z:
2.5" exhaust from engine back
shaved heads
CAI

12 hp gain (dyno results)
total cost $600

Yes, youre right, if the JIC is around 500 bucks, then fine its on...but so far the stuff thats out is expensive and I have every right to dis paying so much for so little.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:32 PM
webcarconnection

I dont know, But in my opinion the exhaust systems that are out rigth now are in poor HP, in my experience the first Mod in my last car (97 SS) was a Borla Cat back and gave me 18 RWHP.
I know is a V8 but is a difference there. I'm waiting for Borla to come out of something and Greddy too.
The Amuse System sound very interesting and I see that Dyno results that gave the Z 24 RWHP (with the Y pipe)
if you see in the SCC Mag. (350Z Front page) you can read the editor refering the Y pipe a good spot to found more HP (page 84, point #4 ) that is what Amuse did, and the other companys should do.

Just My opinion!

Last edited by webcarconnection; 11-18-2002 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:37 PM
roberto350z

Originally posted by webcarconnection
I dont know, But in my opinion the exhaust systems that are out rigth now are in poor HP, in my experience the first Mod in my last car (97 SS) was a Borla Cat back and gave me 18 RWHP.
I know is a V8 but is a difference there. I'm waiting for Borla to come out of something and Greddy too.
The Amuse System sound very interesting and I see that Dyno results that gave the Z 24 RWHP (with the Y pipe)
if you see in the SCC Mag. (350Z Front page) you can read the editor refering the Y pipe a good spot to found more HP (page 84, point #4 ) that is what Amuse did, and the other companys should do.

Just My opinion!
Thank you
Old 11-19-2002, 08:35 AM
350Z33

The gains of an aftermarket exhaust system have everything to do with the restrictivness of the stock system. If the stock system is crap, then its easy to make big gains with an aftermarket exhaust. The Z seems to have a pretty good exhaust from the factory, but no factory exhaust is perfect. $1k for a 10hp gain sound decent to me, considering that will put the Z at nearly 300 crank hp.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:03 AM
qirex

i heard in another thread that until Nissan releases their ECM data (or its hacked) that simple bolt on mods will be rendered useless after the ECM detects them.

Supposedly the 350Z is good for 320Hp from the factory, but they detuned it to have a smooth launch.

In theory this means that with the stock setup - a hacked chip or a ECM remap (please release this NISSAN) would net you 33HP!!!

Personally, I'd wait.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:24 PM
Traffic

Seems like the majority of HP gains from exhausts are coming from the midpipe... I'd almost think which exhaust you go with is less relevant, so long as you install a midpipe
Old 11-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Traffic

Originally posted by z461
Umm..and where can I get this Amuse exhaust??
Power House Amuse

Quick Reply: JIC Exhausts