Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

** NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD ** long awaited, with pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 07:49 AM
SungNamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lsdunique
I understand your skepticism.

Also remember we are dealing with FI, where air flow modifications become even more important.

We have seen several of our customers see dyno'd gains between 25-30hp with our resonated test pipes with the greddy twin turbo kits. Thats a solid 25hp with a simple exhaust bolt on.

The factory engine/intake/exhaust components were not designed for FI.

I am sure many people will be waiting to see more results from more sources. We are not worried about this because the numbers you see in this post were done accurately and were truly done independantly. The pulls were done on the same day, I dont even think they took off the dyno.
lsdunique is correct! I did three (3) pulls with Kinetix V4 on 2/24/2005 at 3:42 PM and then removed V4, installed "NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD" and performed three (3) pulls on 2/24/2005 at 5:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:58 AM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by 350G
That's a considerable increase in whp, but what really concerns me is that the bulk of the power kicks in around 6200 rpms. To really get the full effect of this thing, an ECU flash is necessary. I'm curious to see if it kicks in earlier for us TT guys . . . now that would be fun

G
Technosquare did a "Limited" ECU Flash when Vortech SC was installed in June 2004. Improvement possibly could have been shown had additional tuning and AF adjustments after removing V4 and installing NEW INTAKE after 5900 rpms. However, my goal was to provide raw, no change numbers from V4 to NEW INTAKE. Plus, I am in New Mexico and lsdunique was in California awaiting my phone call to provide numbers. This "prototype" was one-of-a-kind and had not been tested on FI.

Last edited by SungNamZ; 04-08-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:07 AM
SungNamZ

[QUOTE=phunk]very impressive.

i do not doubt the results from their test... sounds like a very basic before and after test. Was the car even unstrapped between the tests?

phunk, I will take this to respond and let lsdunique respond to ALL the others. My "Z" was not unstrapped. The car was strapped and first pull with Kinetix V4 performed at 3:43 PM. V4 removed, NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD installed and first pull performed at 5:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:11 AM
430ztt

so when are we going to see NA dyno numbers? I have been holding out for this instead of the plenums....but now I am have to make all the fuel rails and everything else that is visable nice and shiny...
Old 04-08-2005, 08:26 AM
SungNamZ

[QUOTE=phunk]very impressive.

7: can you remove the passenger side ignition coils with the plenum installed to service the spark plugs?

Phunk, let me take this also by providing another pic. Extremely EASY to get to the ignition coils. The only thing I would suggest, if you plan on changing injectors do it before installing NEW INTAKE, as the ones on the passenger side are covered.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:26 AM
JonathanG35

subscribing
Old 04-08-2005, 08:32 AM
seanlaw

[QUOTE=G3po]
Originally Posted by SungNamZ

Now all the sucker needs is 6 new aux injector ports
is that street legal?!?!
Old 04-08-2005, 08:38 AM
SungNamZ

Can't comment, but I can tell you that I passed "Emission Testing" after NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD was installed.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:40 AM
G3po

Default injcetors

[QUOTE=SungNamZ]
Originally Posted by G3po

While I will plan to install larger injectors in the future, ALL testing was done on OEM injectors. Kinetix V4 Plenum and Intake Manifold Collector (lower) removed and "prototype" installed and dynoed.
Yeh , those runners are beggin for a row of aux injectors.
I'm just looking for alternatives to the APS "wet" Tall boy soon to be available. Being stainless , I guess injector bungs could be readily welded into the runners , one fuel rail for all six aux injectors.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:44 AM
G3po

Default material

Originally Posted by sponsorsthisway
- Stainless was not used as any type of cost cutting, as it is considerably more expensive.

Stainless would also be heavier though. Wouldn't that kinda balance out with how much cooler the temp would run? What kinda of power could you expect from this puppy?
Aluminum with a ceramic coating would perform better for heatsoaking and weigh less. But it was mentioned that the SS was thinned up in a few places to make clearance for hood and strut.
Old 04-08-2005, 08:57 AM
G3po

Default injector placement

Originally Posted by krismax
ok i think some people may be confused the stock 350z manifolds upper is two parts ,THEN the lower houses the rail and injectors.
Correct me if im wrong put this new IM bolts to the top of the lower IM and not the 3.5 heads.

As for maxima owners all the plenum makers would have to do is where the first bend starts (in the TB neck) slightly into that bend put the TB bolt on flange there and maxima people can use this. Ill prob just buy one and have a SS flange welded on because mine will use a pathfinder cable TB.
I believe maxima owners will have to buy a 350z lower (part that injectors go in,and part that bolts to heads) to make this work.
The OEM injectors mount into the lower manifold and fire directly into each head. Thats why there are two OEM fuel rails (3 injectors each) instead of one with 6 .

Last edited by G3po; 04-08-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:02 AM
SungNamZ

As you saw in some of the pics, my "strut" was removed for installation and knowing this was the one-and-only "prototype", requiring return to Kinetix after testing. I never had ANY hood problems. Would the "strut" have fit with the "prototype"? Don't know, however lsdunique says "no problem" with production INTAKE.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Barzten1

When can I place my order?
Old 04-08-2005, 09:23 AM
spdu4ia

wow... that is impressive... awaiting final HP for NA
Old 04-08-2005, 09:44 AM
G3po

Default Rails

Originally Posted by phunk
very impressive.

i do not doubt the results from their test... sounds like a very basic before and after test. Was the car even unstrapped between the tests?

I have some questions about the manifold:

1: are your velocity stacks inside the plenum at different heights in order to make each runner equal length since some have a shorter distance to the plenum then the other 3?

2: are your velocity stacks the type where they are horn style or are they flush style?

3: what is the displacement of the plenum not including the throttle body inlet tube?

4: can you post pictures of the inside of the plenum during construction since we will never get to see in there after you weld on the throttle body tube?

5: what is the distance from velocity stack to the intake valve?

6: what is the inside diameter of the runner tube?

7: can you remove the passenger side ignition coils with the plenum installed to service the spark plugs?

Overall I love the concept and my only concern is even distribution from bank 1 to bank 2 since the factory collector is used... its original design was intended for the runners to face outward and this plenum has one bank take a u-turn to get to the other side. How is your transition from your plenum to the collector on the cylinders that take a turn back to the passenger side?

I think I might be interested in trying this thing out on my car.
See now you have a mani to show of those beautious fuel rails.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:46 AM
G3po

Default street legal

Can't comment, but I can tell you that I passed "Emission Testing" after NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD was installed.

In Cali , I beleive we'd need a valid EO# to pass the visual test.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=G3po]

Yeh , those runners are beggin for a row of aux injectors.
I'm just looking for alternatives to the APS "wet" Tall boy soon to be available. Being stainless , I guess injector bungs could be readily welded into the runners , one fuel rail for all six aux injectors.
I talked to Peter last night, May is the set release month.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by G3po
See now you have a mani to show of those beautious fuel rails.
Maybe this will convince AEM...
Old 04-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by Barzten1
When can I place my order?
I would wait for the GB.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:57 AM
zillinois

55 HP more but only 7 ft/lbs torque? Am I reading that right?

Quick Reply: ** NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD ** long awaited, with pics