Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Kinetix Plenum Melted Wtf!!!! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZYALATA
Anyway this dude was just trying to inform us just take it as it is and shut your mouth cuz honestly nobody wants to hear from an old tired **** like you so shove it grandpa!
was this comment necessary?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:31 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Who was he refering to?

Anways, good post vantange, good looking out. I personally went w/ a plenum spacer cause I wanted to keep a stock look.

As for Kinetix, don't own any of their products but judging from their response I wouldn't mind owning something of theirs. For one, being around on the forums means that this company is in tune w/ their market or at least is showing the effort. Same goes for APS. Second, to respond and resolve the issue so quickly is so rare in todays world.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:49 AM
lsdunique

We try to be as proactive as possible, and we have a pretty solid policy in terms of taking care of customers, even if they werent the original buyer of the product.

Sometimes we get burned because of our generosity in regards to customer service, but we also understand it is one of our only true possible advantages over other companies.

Product failure is bound to happen eventually, no one has a true 0% defective rate. I definately lose a little sleep when I see posts like this, and its easy to shy away and ignore the post without responding. We just keep pushing forward with the same strategy as we have always used.

This is a small step back for us, especially since we have seen such great success with the V4, but we are confident we can figure out what happened.

It could be as simple a mistake as that particular plenum never made into the post cure oven, which would lower many of its mechanical properties.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:18 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since most people post when something is wrong, I will post to state that my V4 is running perfectly fine, so are my camber arms, thank you very much.

Ah, and to somebody who posted about traffic in other countries and been stuck 3 hours, I can say... I got stuck on the turnpike 4 hours recently, but turned off my car after 10 mins or so...

Again, I think it is fine that the guy reports his problem etc. What I object to is the ones jumping in with the "Kinetix POS plastic plenum because one melted" mentality. That just gets so tired after a while.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Kinetix statement

Originally Posted by lsdunique
It could be as simple a mistake as that particular plenum never made into the post cure oven, which would lower many of its mechanical properties.
That makes sense. Nobody that I ever saw post that Kinetix didn't stand by the product. I think that is one thing that sets them apart in this market. Too many firms say - you must buy it from an authorized dealer, you must reject the shipment upon receipt or it is yours, off road only product - all sales are final.

Your attitude is very refreshing. I will consider buying your products in the future.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:05 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
That makes sense. Nobody that I ever saw post that Kinetix didn't stand by the product. I think that is one thing that sets them apart in this market. Too many firms say - you must buy it from an authorized dealer, you must reject the shipment upon receipt or it is yours, off road only product - all sales are final.

Your attitude is very refreshing. I will consider buying your products in the future.
+1

That is the main reason that I am confident in buying from them. I know that if there is a problem, they will be there. Period.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:23 PM
baptist

Same for me, Kinetix have been top notch in product support, despite me living in the UK. Its the best customer care I have seen for any company.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:21 PM
bwilliams

Kinetix,
Good move. Yea, 100% quality does not exist, even in space programs. As designers and consumers, we have a responsibility to be critical of the products we design and buy...I certainly am. When something goes wrong, a vendor has an oportunity to shine. Looks like you guys at Kinetix are going to stand by this guy. Thumbs up! Where are my shades.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Z-Z

Vantage, thanks for posting your experience and pics. And thanks for enduring some good flaming - and then continuing to update us and post even more pics. Good stuff. You have helped other members make a more informed decision. Class act.

And I also feel that no part designed for use in the engine bay should EVER melt, no matter what.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:16 PM
drumma022

Okay, I just got to page 5 without being disgusted to the fact on how everybody jumps on the bandwagon of bashing the supposed apparent moron but you all miss the fact that you should only worry about idleing for long periods of time on a diesel engine.

If you disagree with me, please pose your arguement and I will take a minute to consider it the next time I am stuck in 3hr traffic jams Miami on a 100 degree day. Chances are, I will contnue to sit in my nice cold A/C!!

Sorry if I reposted the same arguement.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:43 PM
UsafaRice

Originally Posted by drumma022
If you disagree with me, please pose your arguement and I will take a minute to consider it the next time I am stuck in 3hr traffic jams Miami on a 100 degree day. Chances are, I will contnue to sit in my nice cold A/C!!

Sorry if I reposted the same arguement.
All this talk about traffic jams. Opening the throttle for a few moments increases the amount of air going through the intake by 10 to 100 times compared to idle. It's like how the intake manifold is cool after running the car on the highway and checking right away but it is scorching even with the engine off 15 minutes after sitting.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by 350ZYALATA
Anyway this dude was just trying to inform us just take it as it is and shut your mouth cuz honestly nobody wants to hear from an old tired **** like you so shove it grandpa!
whata tool.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:55 AM
Speedracer

Default remember d21arren and his 20" chrome spinners!!!!!

This thread has the potential to get that funny....

Okay, can someone please explain to me why it is necessary to keep your car running while washing it?

Kinetix, any comment? It kinda looks when my 6 year old daughter tried to bake her first cake.

No, wait, it's the new "Wave Plenum"

Last edited by Speedracer; 06-02-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:04 PM
Vader007

Sorry, but you almost deserve that for letting your car idle for two hours!
Your lucky it didnt overheat cause real damage, it probably did and your to stupid to realize it, as your to stupid to realize how the meltdown occured!
There is no reason to have your car running unless your driving it or tuning it.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:19 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by lsdunique
The plenum should not have done that, even after idling for 2 hours.

We have done a lot of testing on the plenum in regards to heat, and we usually heat it up by letting the car sit at idle, often for a couple hours.
Now this is the super customer service. A+++

For those of you call this guy a moron, you're ALL stupid and moron. A good product shouldn't happen like that. R&D people think of this and they already test it under extreme condition. Nothing is perfect and defective will happen.

Until the next time, in stead of being a smart a.s.s and jump in to call other as moron, at least use your brain to think harder before typing in those kiss a.s.s and stupid comments. Peace out.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:33 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Wow. Did Kinetix do ANY R&D other than sticking the POS on a flowbench and bolting it onto the car?

I vote for everyone with a Kinetix V1-V4 plenum to get a rebate and Kinetix can try this "R&D" shit again. I think I speak for most people when I say, when I buy a product, I want it to work the first time, period. If it's something related to the install then that is fine, but if the product is faulty due to R&D, or, the lack thereof, then the product has failed what it's creator was trying to achieve: customer satisfaction. In our case, with more performance and a better sound. (ok, I lied, #1 goal of it's creator is to make profit )

Last edited by nis350ztt; 06-05-2005 at 02:39 AM.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:40 PM
SekZee

so stupid......."dont let the car idle for 2 hrs" .... wtf??

What if im stuck in traffic, and moving like 2 mph for 3 hrs?? Should i expect my plenum to melt???

if its not overheating, i dont see a problem with idling for 2 hrs....

I mean...its like saying "dont drive your car for more then x hrs" .. what if you drive your car for more then 10 hrs, going 75-90 on a highway? sure theres more air circulation over the engine, but it is also getting more load, runs hotter... should I expect my plenum to get messed up when i go from MD to OH (7hr trip) ?? heh....
Old 06-06-2005, 04:12 PM
absoluturq

wow...thats ****....call kinetix dont tell them u let it idle for 2 hours and if they replace it, sell the replacement on ebay and get the one u want
Old 06-07-2005, 06:48 AM
DomZ

Chalk one up for buying a spacer

Just kidding guys, I have seen Kinetix handle customer problems with class and speed on here more than a few times now. You can't knock customer service, this is most likely just an isolated incident that is being slightly blown out of purportion on here.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:51 AM
slaponte

The users here? Blow something out of proportion???

Surely you jest!

Quick Reply: Kinetix Plenum Melted Wtf!!!! Pics