Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

JIC Spartan De Type 2 Ti -- WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THIS EXHAUST???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 01:16 PM
shanecrosby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the non Ti version sounds nothing like a Nismo
Old 09-20-2006, 09:58 PM
stiv

If it doesn't sound like the Nismo then what can it be compared to?

Does it sound throaty, exotic, etc. or should I move on to a different exhaust?

In other words, is it closer to the sound of a V8 (late model) Maserati or a "rasped-out Japanese 4 cylinder"?

I love the way it looks but if it sounds anything like a wimpy (Honda 4 or 6 banger sound with open exhaust) then I might just go to a reputable exhaust shop and have my muffler deleted with stainless 3" pipes painted (very) flat black so they don't stand out ( I have absolutely NO desire to impress the "Fast & Furious" crowd because those people have no idea as to what GOOD taste is all about...)

And please realize that I'm not trying to hate on 4 cylinder Hondas (my co-worker's friend has a 1991 Civic that can keep up with brand new (non ZO6) Vettes but it still sounds like a 2 stroke lawn mower that's on the verge of exploding. I don't care how fast it is; no thanks...

I don't street race so I just need a classy and loud exhaust kit that looks subtle but damn good...
Old 09-21-2006, 04:09 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the best thing you can do is search on the boards for someone who has it, and ask for sound clips or maybe to meet up. You're not going to get any real meaningful info otherwise, as sound quality and "exotic, loud, quiet, rasp" are completely subjective terms
Old 09-21-2006, 06:26 AM
stiv

You're completely right. The best way is to hear the exhaust in person but I have been to several meets and I've never met anyone with the JIC Type 2.

It seems like most Z owners are either running Nismo, Borla or one of those dual or single Folger's can set ups.

[You're not going to get any real meaningful info otherwise, as sound quality and "exotic, loud, quiet, rasp" are completely subjective terms]

I know what you mean but at the same time, I think most people can distinguish the difference between the sound of a 1.6 liter Honda with a wide open exhaust and a new Ferrari with a Tubi exhaust kit. Simply put, it's night and day. I was merely asking if it was closer (in tone) to a Japanese 4-banger or an Italian 8 cylinder...
Old 09-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear ya...but I can assure you, no Z will sound like a Honda with a fartcan, and obtaining the F355 with a Tubi is similarly difficult

Having heard the stainless Type 2, and knowing what I know from JIC, I think you would be pleased with the ti version of the JIC. Similarly, I think you would also love the Fujitsubo ti, which I have on my car.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:48 AM
stiv

Sounds good.

Please let us know if and when JIC drops their prices.