Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

JWT question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Kenyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JWT question

whats up guys. this is probably the dumbest JWT question ever posted but i just need to know because i want to do it right the first time. popcharger is coming in on friday so i'm going to disconnect the battery installed it and plug it back in the next morning. now here's the dumb question..................do i disconnect the negative or positive?
i dont even know if it makes a difference which one or not but i just want to do it right one time and never again. thanks in advance guys
Old 09-20-2005, 05:44 PM
harrieyu

u dont even need to disconnect the battery. but the negative is the right one to disconnect if you really are going to. the only thing u should be careful of is not to touch the sensor.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:10 PM
plumpzz

Definatley disconnect it so you can rule out a problem later on if there is a problem with stalling or something.. I disconnected it.. and its the black one (negative). Looks like you've never worked with cars...hint hint: BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WITH THE MAF! its easy to break and it costs like 500 bucks...its the pipe inbetween the air intake and the pipe that runs to the plenum, it has the wires connected to it...just take it off gently and put it off to the side away from any electrical shocks and such (static electricity). I had to remove mine b/c i didnt install a Z-tube which replaces the whole pipe.
GL! (ps. Jason@Performance) did a picture by picture install for the Popcharger.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Kenyon

oh no i've definately worked w/ cars. i installed my hotchkis sway bars, b&m short shifter and audio system myself. even installed an entire FMAX turbo kit on my old Prelude. not new to this at all. like i said this was such a dumb question that i just needed to make sure. sometimes the simplest things slip your mind. well good looking out for the tips fella's, i can take it from here.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-
Old 11-17-2005, 06:39 PM
ssgohan434

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Definatley disconnect it so you can rule out a problem later on if there is a problem with stalling or something.. I disconnected it.. and its the black one (negative). Looks like you've never worked with cars...hint hint: BE VERY VERY CAREFUL WITH THE MAF! its easy to break and it costs like 500 bucks...its the pipe inbetween the air intake and the pipe that runs to the plenum, it has the wires connected to it...just take it off gently and put it off to the side away from any electrical shocks and such (static electricity). I had to remove mine b/c i didnt install a Z-tube which replaces the whole pipe.
GL! (ps. Jason@Performance) did a picture by picture install for the Popcharger.
ooo, where can i see this picture by picture install? so far the only installs ive seen involve like 3 pictures at most. A step by step would be awesome. since im not mechanically inclined (never taken anything apart a car yet).
Old 11-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Luis_23

+1