Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Upgrading Exhaust, Muffler reccomendatiosn pleae

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 11:29 PM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Exhaust, Muffler reccomendatiosn pleae

I'm not gonna do an expensive catback system just yet.

I plan on removing some of the billits and silencers to reduce back pressure and replace the muffler with something less restrictive but weld the stock tips back on I love them!)

Anyone make a Muffler for our Z's yet, just the muffler?

It looks huge like the 80 series Flow Master!

Is switching the muffler a good mod after some custome work in the pipe from the cat back to get it flowing better?

Any links to branks that are on the market now?

Thanks!

It's my next mod.
Old 12-21-2002, 07:32 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suggest a full cat-back if you're looking for power. One of our peers, Clyde installed a flowmaster system that was very, very inexpensive, and sounded just excellent. You should PM him or do a look-up so he can tell you about it. As for exhaust systems, mufflers alone don't do that much alone, unless the exhaust is really restrictive, which just isn't the case with the Z33. The exhaust on the Z33 is very, very well done, which is why there's no system out right now making more than 10HP on its own. Installing a Y-pipe helps (another 8-10HP apparently), maybe your muffler shop can do this for you, instead of having to import one from Amuse or Top Secret.

Another thing you may want to consider, if you're looking to make power, is to get hi-flow cats.

As for companies making mufflers, you'd need to go universal, and Apexi' and Blitz make universal canisters.
Old 12-21-2002, 09:02 AM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks

Another thing you may want to consider, if you're looking to make power, is to get hi-flow cats
I'll have them do the Y -pipe behind some Random Techs or Car Sound Cats and remove the sileners and that other peice close to the rear someone mentioned in another thread and that should add some power and definately make it growl.

I don't think htere is room for true dual I haven't looked. How many cats does this car have? How many does it need?

I am not do for a smog for 5 years.