Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Cusom exhaust project FAILED

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 AM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chemicalviper
Did you just say a glass pack flows better than a turbo ??????

WTF, a turbo is type of forced induction.

GLASSPACK IS for sound deviation ONLY.

WTF type of analogy was that. And how come something flowing 500+cfms be compaired to a sound level modification.

NOW ----- BEFORE YOU SPEAK,
I was saying glass packs make burbly sounds, ofcourse it sounds like ***. Dont tell me you put a glass pack on for flow you putz, they are for sound only, you might as well do a straight pipe. And they resonate so differently they burble the sounds up

Wakeup.

****Groan****

turbo RESONATORS you *******. Not a freakin turbocharger....please know what you are talking about before you go castrating someone. I was SAYING that glasspacks flow better than turbo RESONATORS, which are very constrictive but do an extremely good job of dumbing down the sound quite abit. I did not want to run a straight pipe, because thats just plain stupid. I opted for the glasspacks which would deaden the sound slightly without near the restriction of the turbo resonators.

Why in the name of jesus christ would I compare a glasspack to a turbocharger? And hang it all, why would I be putting a turbocharger on my exhuast? Anyone with any clue as to what the hell I was talking about would not have even let the idea that I was making that kind of analogy enter their brain. So that leads me to believe that you have NO clue what you are talking about, or you are just looking for reasons to post something that would basically say "Im smarter than you...naaa na na na naaa". Either way, you are not constructive to this conversation, so therefore, stop posting in my my thread.

Stop trying to down people to make yourself feel better, its not my friggin fault that mommy didnt give you enough attention.

And to everybody else....thanks for all the help, input and advice. It is greatly appreciated. I think I have finally decided on the Stillen SS and Crawford Hi-flow cats. What do you think?

Last edited by Tackett; 10-11-2005 at 04:29 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:12 AM
Tackett

Originally Posted by Acree
you turd muncher.

wow, I have to start using that.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:31 AM
bobmanfoo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why not the amuse or HKS? there are soundclips of both on this forum
Old 10-11-2005, 08:05 AM
chemicalviper

yeah turbo resonators ... whatever good catch.

I am saying having you ever heard f***cking glass packs before you ********? They give off the most burbly sound you can think of. Why would you even opt for them.

And im not trying to down people, I build custom exhausts for people during the summer. All I use is straight resonators or straight pipes.

I am just telling you glasspacks is where you went wrong.

End of story.

And i qouted you on that turbo's and glasspacks thing, and you said nothing about
turbo resonators :P
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM
Tackett

sigh...when talking about exhausts, "turbo" is short for turbo resonators.
for someone who builds custom exhausts....it doesnt sound like you know what Im talking about. Anyone else think thats strange?

The fact that you even thought I was even comparing glasspacks to turbochargers and couldnt possibly have meant something else makes me laugh.

Its also amusing that you are the only one who read that statement and thought that.

If we all ignore him....maybe he will go away.

::keeps looking backward::

Last edited by Tackett; 10-11-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Tackett

Originally Posted by bobmanfoo
why not the amuse or HKS? there are soundclips of both on this forum
Well, all the soundclips of the amuse sound too deep for my liking. And the pricetag is a little steep. It is an awsome exhaust non theless.

And the HKS...This is another exhuast that I am torn on. Both the dual hi-power and the true dual are excellent choices. The hi-power is very decently priced, but the titanium true dual is pretty steep also. I really dont know what I am going to get untill I actually order it, I may wind up with an HKS.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Tackett

Also to prove you are a jackass.

from http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Miscella...austtheory.htm

"Another object that might be sitting in your exhaust flow is a turbine from a turbocharger. If that is the case, we envy you.

Not only that, but turbos introduce a bit of backpressure to your exhaust system, thus making it a bit quieter. All of the typical scavenging rules still apply, but with a twist. Mufflers work really well now! Remember, one of the silencing methods is restriction, and a turbine is just that, a restriction.

This is actually where the term "turbo muffler" is coined. Since a turbine does a pretty good job of silencing, OEM turbo mufflers can do a lot less restricting to quiet things down. Of course, aftermarket manufacturers took advantage of this performance image and branded a lot of their products with the "turbo" name in order to drum up more business from the high performance crowd. We're sad to say that the term "turbo" has been bastardized in this respect, and would like that to serve as a warning. A "turbo" muffler is not necessarily a high-performance muffler"

:::gasp:::
it also seems like someone else has heard of this....
http://forums.audiworld.com/9080/msgs/228785.phtml

and, wait :::gasp:::
what are these?
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...icial%26sa%3DN

Im done.

Last edited by Tackett; 10-11-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:56 PM
bobmanfoo
Banned

lol, i think he gets the point, well back to the exhaust thing, the amuse has the highest pitch imo, but the HKS is nice as well..... irc the stillen weighs about 20lb more than the stock system, most other systems are lighter than stock
Old 10-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Tackett

I cant make my mind up between the stillen and the HKS. I keep bouncing back and forth. I think they both produce about the same amount of power, and both will be loud with the crawford hi-flows I am getting. The stillen is quite abit heavier than the HKS, They will both wind up being the same price since the stillen has to have shipping and the HKS will ship for free. So we are looking at 1300-1400 beans.

HKS looks to be a better choice from these variables mentioned above.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Tackett

Its so freakin impossible to judge sound with all these soundclips, even hearing all of them you are still kind of jumping in the deep end. Know what I mean?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:12 PM
chemicalviper

i still think your dumb for putting glasspacks on. lol
Old 10-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Tackett

lol fair enough, yes it was a dumb move. But it doesnt matter now as I just blew my entire paycheck on.....

HKS titanium dual hi-power
crawford hi-flows
new brake pads (cant have too many of those laying around.)

I have a lot of high-end audio recording gear laying around, so I will lay out about 10 different frequency mics and record the highest possible recording of my exhuast as possible for everyone.

And no hard feelings chemicalviper ok? I apologize for my end.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:04 AM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

high end recordings huh? make sure and leave them atleast 320kbs mp3. if i drive over to WV, will you record mine too?

EDIT- Nice choice btw. personally, i would never spend that much on exhaust but congrats man. i'm sure you won't be dissappointed.

and chemviper - i still think you're a turd
Old 10-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Tackett

Well, crap, my HKS is on backorder....should I wait or jump on the topspeed?

I am worried about the performance of the two....

GOD I dont know what to do.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the thing about both of the exhausts, if you buy it, you will easily be able to sell it b/c both of them are in high demand. the pro1 isnt too expensive so i would say get that and a JIC y-pipe... try it out. see if you like it. if it's too loud for you, sell it and get the HKS.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Tackett

Someone found one at forgedinternals.com for me that says it is in stock.

Maybe I will get lucky.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:36 AM
godmans

Originally Posted by booger
The Stillen uses 2 mufflers not 1...on mine anyway
They have a freaking X - pipe tho
Old 02-18-2006, 11:55 AM
plumpzz

From what i'm understanding you would probably be happiest with nismo or Fujitsubo with resonated test pipes... it gives that howl sound that exotic cars have without the extra grunt or blurbyness that non-exotic cars have.... you'll have some rasp but if u didnt notice, alot of exotic cars have rasp to some extent, its something you pretty much can't avoid...

If i was to do my exhaust setup all over again and i was going to stay NA for sure, i'd probably opt for fujitusbu w/ labree test pipes and JIC Y pipe. That'll give you the howling, high pitched, exotic tone with some respectability on the street since it won't sound like a fartcan (at all).
If u got dough, i'd get amuse titan or HKS Ti (everyone and their mother says its the best). TD isn't reallly NECESSARY unless your like 450whp. TD without a crossover also gets rid of the saucy sound ur looking for.