Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Exhaust Nominees??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 AM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust Nominees??

I am about to purchase an exhaust system, I need help on which one to choose.
I am looking for something powerful in sound & performance; cost isn't problem.
Which is the best all around exhaust system??
Rate By:
Brand Name
Sound
Power Gain
Personal Opinion
Old 11-09-2005, 08:09 AM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search dude, you can find all different opinions, I have injen and love it, my buddy has the invidia and it sounds really cool, if i were to get a new one it would be the invidia!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:30 AM
03_Track_Z

I would have to go with HKS, its gorgeous and sounds amazing and gives good power gains. It's pricey, but you said that wasn't a problem so there you go.

Borla, Invidia, and Nismo are too quiet for my taste

Injen gives good gains, but its really loud and the note isn't to my liking.

BUT if price REALLY isn't an issuse....

I would get the Amuse R1 Titanium exhaust, ohhhhhhhh man, that exhaust is something to be proud of, I honestly think I would brag more about having that than I would about dating Adriana Lima.

Also if you are dropping that kind of cash, there's the Fujitsubo Titanium, that is hot too, but man that Amuse...ohhhh baby.

So bottom line, HKS Hi Power Ti or Amuse R1 Titanium, I think a LOT of people will agree with me on this.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:42 AM
ActionJackson

Powerful sounding & performance? HKS Hi Power Ti, Topspeed Pro-1, RSR GT-II Max, Amuse R1 Titan, although I wouldn't say the Amuse R1 is very powerful sounding... exotic maybe, but not WTF WAS THAT? OMG I JUST SHAT MYSELF! sounding
Old 11-09-2005, 03:57 PM
03Screamer

Omg...some of you guys are getting way too worked up about two exhaust in particular, the HKS Hi Power Ti and the Amuse R1. Without question in terms of craftmanship and quality, these two systems are as nice as you're going to find, and look well suited on the car imo. What I don't get is why everyone nuts there pants when they see shiny titanium exhaust, with heated colored piping, muffler with an low rpm canistor, and high price and think that means they sound the best and make the most power. I've heard clips of the HKS and wasn't all that impressed in terms of sound, definately didn't sound like what it's written up to be by a lot of the nerds on the forums lol. Everyone was saying that it was the most exotic sounding system (exotic= money, high class), probably just because they liked the looks of it so much lol.

As far as the Amuse system, it sounds great but not really any better than the Fuji Ti or a lot of other cheaper exhaust on the market, and the Fuji gets no praise in comparison to the Amuse. The Amuse has more of a bling factor, which according to some people on the forums means it sounds more exotic. Also, the exclusiveness of the Amuse exhaust is something that makes people wish they had it. There is so much talk about the Amuse R1, when in fact very few people have it, it's hard to get, quite a bit of dough for a y-back system on a sub $30,000 car.

Sorry to rant, just getting fed up of seeing all these threads praising the HKS and Amuse system. Basically what I'm saying, don't believe everything you read.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:13 PM
03Screamer

The Injen, off the top of my head fits the description of giving a powerful sound. It's not that loud as stated above. It's readily available and cost 6 bills less than an HKS Hi Power system. The Greddy Evo2 also has a nice deep powerful sound, and sounds great with test pipes. You should be able to find one for around a $1,000 or less. Then with the money you saved get a plenum spacer and test pipes, if you don't already have them, and still have change left over, intstead of buying the HKS and waiting. All personal preference though, that would be my route though.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
RedLeader

When they did the exhaust shootout for a magazine article a while back, I think the Stillen made the most horsepower. It sounds good and was a little louder than the Nismo, as I recall.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:57 PM
03_Track_Z

Originally Posted by 03Screamer
Without question in terms of craftmanship and quality, these two systems are as nice as you're going to find, and look well suited on the car imo.
You wanted to know why I like those the best? You answered it yourself. If the HKS didn't have titanium tips I would still like it just as much because of craftsmanship and sound. Amuse is full titanium, that to me is just sexy... And you gotta admit, it has a sound all to itself in the Z exhaust world... You may not think so, but that's cool man whatever suits you. I personally like the dual wall stainless steel tip look better, like what stillen has, but I just ordered HKS mufflers because in the end, I'm not gonna be staring at my exhaust, I'm gonna be listening to it - and those have the sound that I like the most. I'm not retorting or snapping back, just letting you know why I like those two the best.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
ActionJackson

Default Highly Recommend Top Speed Pro-1

IMO the meanest, loudest, blow your mind away sounding exhaust is the one I have on my car the Top Speed Pro-1, or the Tanabe Super Medallion Racing (didn't like this one because of the angled tips though). It also only cost me about 1/4 of the cost of the Amuse R1 Titan, & 1/3 the cost of the HKS Hi Powered Ti shipped and I couldn't be happier with it. You'll know when I'm coming from 2 blocks away and you'll jump when I startup the car and I wouldn't have it any other way . PM me if you want to know where to get one too.