Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Mrev???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 01:02 PM
bobS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mrev???

What is the deal with this mrev? I've done a search and couldn't pull up much info on it. I understand its for the rev up motors only? I read it adds 20hp by itself....Anyone have any input on if the gains are real? I have a 03 z with popcharger/highflow cats/ borla td and my buddy has a g35c with the rev up motor and a injen intake. He wants the mrev, i wanna see if he will be able to take me if he gets it. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:07 PM
thawk408

It hads around 20hp, but it is not peak power. The power gains are more in the midrange then uptop.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:54 PM
mahont

It is a Motordyne 5/16th Plenum Spacer with 287 lower plenum...only for the Rev-up engine. Gives more low-midrange power and actually does add a good amount of power. Can't wait to install mine this week!
Old 01-05-2006, 05:12 AM
partshipperdave

bobS - The Motordyne MREV kit is designed to only work on the newer model Z's and G35's with the 300hp "revup" engine. You would benefit pretty well from getting the Motordyne 5/16" iso thermal spacer kit for your car. You can find the complete line of Motordyne products in our online catalog - although everyone including Motordyne is currently out of stock for a couple more weeks. We are accepting pre-orders now to reserve the kit for you and ship it out as soon as it's available.

http://www.partshippers.com/index.ph...ain_page=index

Your friend's G35 could use the MREV kit. It's an amazing NA bolt on mod that really improves power thru most of the rpm range, with the primary gains being experienced in the midrange (where most street driving occurs). Yes, there are also dyno-proven claims of this kit giving a peak of around 20hp too! Nice bang for the buck.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or if you're interested in pre-ordering any of the Motordyne products on our site.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:37 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by partshipperdave
bobS - The Motordyne MREV kit is designed to only work on the newer model Z's and G35's with the 300hp "revup" engine. You would benefit pretty well from getting the Motordyne 5/16" iso thermal spacer kit for your car. You can find the complete line of Motordyne products in our online catalog - although everyone including Motordyne is currently out of stock for a couple more weeks. We are accepting pre-orders now to reserve the kit for you and ship it out as soon as it's available.

http://www.partshippers.com/index.ph...ain_page=index

Your friend's G35 could use the MREV kit. It's an amazing NA bolt on mod that really improves power thru most of the rpm range, with the primary gains being experienced in the midrange (where most street driving occurs). Yes, there are also dyno-proven claims of this kit giving a peak of around 20hp too! Nice bang for the buck.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions or if you're interested in pre-ordering any of the Motordyne products on our site.
Show me a dyno of 20hp peak.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:09 AM
partshipperdave

thawk408 - searching.. I found this thread so far in the intake/exhaust forum. It shows those peak gains occuring in the midrange or the rpm band - exactly where it's supposed to deliver the most gains (peak gains).

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/160044-new-mrev-dyno-numbers.html
Old 01-05-2006, 02:32 PM
thawk408

Originally Posted by partshipperdave
It's an amazing NA bolt on mod that really improves power thru most of the rpm range, with the primary gains being experienced in the midrange (where most street driving occurs). Yes, there are also dyno-proven claims of this kit giving a peak of around 20hp too! Nice bang for the buck.
In this post you say that the MREV will give good midrange power, but also will add around 20 peak HP. Example being 300hp vs 320hp. The MREV gives good midrange HP and TQ, but this is all under the engines "peak" power number. It does not do very much for increasing the engines peak HP number, but does give a good amount of power under the peak power. I find it alittle misleading when you claim "Yes, there are also dyno-proven claims of this kit giving a peak of around 20hp too!". Maybe change that statement to adding an increase of 20hp in the midrange. I think that we mean the same thing, but my interpretation is different then yours.

Last edited by thawk408; 01-05-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:57 PM
bobS

My that plenum spacer? Why not a 1/2 inch??
Old 01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
Perfect350Z

Wink

Originally Posted by bobS
My that plenum spacer? Why not a 1/2 inch??
It seems to take about 10 hp away from the peak HP meaning that the vehicle would be actually decreased to 290hp crank. But peak HP is only reached after 6250 rpms on the 2005/06 models. And... If you think about it you are only in the 6250 - redline range for a fraction of a second. Most of your time on the drag strip/during a race is spent in the 4k-6250k range and imagine gaining a whole 20hp's and 25 ft/lbs of torque throughout that whole rpm range! I have seen claims of it taking a whole .4 secs off of the 1/4 mile run.

This is a new mod and I am sure that once a few people start installing this mod, it will increase drastically in popularity. $450 for .4 off of the 1/4 mile. Shoot, I spent over $200 on just an intake that did nothing for gains!

*I heard that BobS likes Chrissy....
Old 01-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My peak HP went up 4 and my peak TQ was 11. I'd say this is the best mod for the money because you can turn around and sell your Rev-up Plenum for $200 so your spending less than $300 for this mod. Tell me a better mod for the money?
Old 01-06-2006, 06:49 AM
partshipperdave

hey thawk408 - my bad. just using the verbage a little differently. Didn't mean to mislead you or anyone else. I meant it was peak gains, not adding to the total peak output or maximum output of the engine.

Diesel350 - very good point! plan on selling that revup plenum in personal classifieds or on ebay or something, and get some return on your investment. I like to refer to it as recycled racing funds. I sell off my stock parts from my race car to people looking for them for their street cars, and then recycle that money into buying new race parts!
Old 01-06-2006, 06:55 AM
bobS

Originally Posted by Perfect350Z
It seems to take about 10 hp away from the peak HP meaning that the vehicle would be actually decreased to 290hp crank. But peak HP is only reached after 6250 rpms on the 2005/06 models. And... If you think about it you are only in the 6250 - redline range for a fraction of a second. Most of your time on the drag strip/during a race is spent in the 4k-6250k range and imagine gaining a whole 20hp's and 25 ft/lbs of torque throughout that whole rpm range! I have seen claims of it taking a whole .4 secs off of the 1/4 mile run.

This is a new mod and I am sure that once a few people start installing this mod, it will increase drastically in popularity. $450 for .4 off of the 1/4 mile. Shoot, I spent over $200 on just an intake that did nothing for gains!

*I heard that BobS likes Chrissy....

well it seems like a good mod, i say get it, i'm going to get a plenum and a reflash.....not sure what kind though.

*Hey perfect 350z got any more clips of Gretchen on her bike???