Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Borla Headers Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 AM
gilz45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borla Headers Installation

A couple of days ago I did the Borla TD exhaust installation. It was a fairly easy install. I just got my Borla headers and would like some tips on this installation. How does the header install compare to the exhaust installation. Some say it's really hard to do, others say it's an easy installation. Any detailed instructions, tips, or links will be appreciated. Or should I take it to a professional. Any good shops in the Riverside area(So. California)?? Thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

With a lift the job is tedious and time consuming, but not technically challenging. You may have to disconnect the air conditioning condenser. Also the steering linkage. Installing headers is a bit tricky because of the order of the bolts. If you install some bolts, you cant reach others. So you have to removes the bolts, and try again in a different order.

It helps to have skinny hands, and an assortment of swivel elbows. Essentially you are doing the job by feel not sight: in other words its a blind install.

See my header and high-flow cats install thread for photos.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:26 AM
pln2311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before you install them, you should try to find a better header. Borla produces some of the worst gains.