Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Where Can I Get Rsr Or Top Speed Pro-1 Exhaust System?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:06 AM
350Z-YOU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where Can I Get Rsr Or Top Speed Pro-1 Exhaust System?

Does anybody have the rsr exmag gtII or the top speed pro-1 exhaust system on their Z? Do you like it? Is it too loud? What don't you like about it?..Also can any body tell me the up's and down's of a straight through exhaust design?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:18 AM
mgl

heres the rsr system:
http://www.intensepower.com/rsexgtex35.html
Old 01-26-2006, 11:24 AM
AboostedG
Twin Spoolin

I've had the RS*R ExMag GT2 system along with a few other parts and it scrrrrrreeeeaaaamed. I'd have to say its the loudest exhaust out there compared to others that i've had, seen, or heard. They do come with silencers and that makes a hell of a difference but I never kept mine in but for about 2 minutes just to see what it sounded like.

If you can handle the roar, then i'd say this is the exhaust for you. The fitment and quality was excellent and the performance was there to, you could feel the difference!!

If you plan on going the Single Turbo route or any FI, this would be a great addition. It doesn't come with a Y-Pipe, so if you go with a Twin Turbo or Supercharger, you can stick with the stock which i'd say hell no, or get an aftermarket one.

I got mine from Gruppe-S and their customer service was excellent which is rare to say for most companies.

http://gruppe-s.com/350z/zex.htm
Old 01-26-2006, 11:45 AM
yoichi

The best sounding is the topspeed Pro-1 without a question. At high rpm it screams like a formula one racecar, and at lower rpm it has a nice deep growl. Highly recomended but fittment quality is an issue. It rubs on your M-brace and the right canister keeps on rattling against this black box. Your plates vibrate alot too. You also lose some bottom end torque due to the 3inch pipping but some modest gains up top. Topspeed claims 11hp. I'm not don't think so... Overall, sounds and looks great if you are willing to deal with the craftsmanship. Search Ebay, they always have some for sale. Or else go to www.topspeedauto.com. you'll find one for about 750.00 but I got mine on Ebay for 345.00 shipped to your door. Good Luck!!!!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:22 PM
leatherface_ca

I got the same one as you from EBAY, $345 shipped.

It's funny because the seller did not label that exhaust Topspeed so many people didnt know about it.

But I knew from the pictures that it was Topspeed. I just ordered mine this week. And I think the seller posted another one again.

Originally Posted by yoichi
The best sounding is the topspeed Pro-1 without a question. At high rpm it screams like a formula one racecar, and at lower rpm it has a nice deep growl. Highly recomended but fittment quality is an issue. It rubs on your M-brace and the right canister keeps on rattling against this black box. Your plates vibrate alot too. You also lose some bottom end torque due to the 3inch pipping but some modest gains up top. Topspeed claims 11hp. I'm not don't think so... Overall, sounds and looks great if you are willing to deal with the craftsmanship. Search Ebay, they always have some for sale. Or else go to www.topspeedauto.com. you'll find one for about 750.00 but I got mine on Ebay for 345.00 shipped to your door. Good Luck!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
StifflerHB

What about the Pro 1 with 2.5" piping ? I tryed to get it, but its very difficult. Every shop only has the 3" piping... Do you guys know a shop ?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Vamos_Rafael

does the top speed pro1 come with a silencer?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 AM
leatherface_ca

Yes

Originally Posted by jvanquish
does the top speed pro1 come with a silencer?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:02 PM
tommym

How would the Pro-1 do with the stock y pipe? Would it diminish performance?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Vamos_Rafael

you are not looking for major gains anyway... losing 1-2 hp u cant feel it with the butt dyno..
it is an economical set up for exhaust and im sure it sounds amazing (just in the desert or isolated regions of the world lo)
aftermarket Y-Pipes are just as costly as the entire exhaust unit lol...
dont know if thats reasonable but thats just the way it is...
Old 01-27-2006, 02:57 PM
yoichi

The Topspeed does come with silencers but it sounds like sh** with it on. If you cannot deal with a very loud exhaust, DO NOT get the topspeed. You cannot hear the radio nor can you hear what your passenger is saying. But boy does it sound awesome in full throttle. Without a question the best sounding exhaust made for the Z. They do not make anymore 2.5 inch pipping, I heard. If they did, that would be the ideal mods for N/A. If you can't deal with the deafening sound, I would suggest Nismo or Borla. They make descent quality exhausts but have that STOCK look to it. Topspeed has that "in you face" design with the twin stainless canisters. It WILL get attention from the cops. I guarantee u.
Old 01-28-2006, 04:12 AM
StifflerHB

are you sure with the 2.5" piping ?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by yoichi
The Topspeed does come with silencers but it sounds like sh** with it on. If you cannot deal with a very loud exhaust, DO NOT get the topspeed. You cannot hear the radio nor can you hear what your passenger is saying. But boy does it sound awesome in full throttle. Without a question the best sounding exhaust made for the Z. They do not make anymore 2.5 inch pipping, I heard. If they did, that would be the ideal mods for N/A. If you can't deal with the deafening sound, I would suggest Nismo or Borla. They make descent quality exhausts but have that STOCK look to it. Topspeed has that "in you face" design with the twin stainless canisters. It WILL get attention from the cops. I guarantee u.
RS*R is 2.5 inch
but cost more than 2x as much lol
Old 01-28-2006, 07:19 AM
StifflerHB

but on the webside www.topspeedauto.com you can see the Pro 1 with 2.5" piping... Are this thing still available ?
Old 01-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by StifflerHB
but on the webside www.topspeedauto.com you can see the Pro 1 with 2.5" piping... Are this thing still available ?
if it is available from the factory then it would be special order...
then it would cost almost as much as the RS*R counter-part..
imo get RS*R
Old 02-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Hybrid90

So for those with the topspeed exhaust, how did you deal with the contact of the M-brace and the right canister hitting the black box? Did you do something to fix that or just left it alone?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:25 PM
ActionJackson

I took the black box off haha, Maybe you can have the exhaust shop try hammering it in a little so it doesn't touch. Also with the M-brace it doesn't quite rub on it but it's close like 1/4 inch away. Put some rubber bracing between it and the M-brace to reduce vibration and chance of it ever hitting it.