Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Ultimate Racing HFC's review.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Axelerate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultimate Racing HFC's review.

Ordered these on Tuesday from www.z1auto.com and received them today (Friday). Put them on after work and WOW.

I never realized how loud and raspy my exhaust was with my POS resonated test pipes and Nismo exhaust. The test pipes decided to crap out on me and the metal stuff stated banging around inside sounding horrible under acceleration and off the throttle.

The Ultimate HFC's fit perfect and I had 0 issues installing them. Tightened everything down, started it up, no CEL, no leaks, no rasp! Only took about 1/2 hour since I've swapped out quite a few test pipes.

While driving it's much quiter at low RPM's and just cruising you really hear nothing. The dreaded rasp around 3k is gone. It really sounds great as the revs climb and then the motor roar takes over close to red-line. I know it's louder than stock but, I've been living with a pretty loud exhaust so it's amazing how much it quieted down. Sounds like a complete exhaust system now. Havent got to listen to it outside the car yet, I'm sure it sounds great. The car is much easier to live with and drive around with the wife and I really dont mind a loud exhaust, but this seems just right.

The power feels the same as it did with the pipes and yes these do have the bracket that mounts to the tranny as the stocks one do. The price was good and defeinetly recommend them.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
Zcan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Ordered these on Tuesday from www.z1auto.com and received them today (Friday). Put them on after work and WOW.

I never realized how loud and raspy my exhaust was with my POS resonated test pipes and Nismo exhaust. The test pipes decided to crap out on me and the metal stuff stated banging around inside sounding horrible under acceleration and off the throttle.

The Ultimate HFC's fit perfect and I had 0 issues installing them. Tightened everything down, started it up, no CEL, no leaks, no rasp! Only took about 1/2 hour since I've swapped out quite a few test pipes.

While driving it's much quiter at low RPM's and just cruising you really hear nothing. The dreaded rasp around 3k is gone. It really sounds great as the revs climb and then the motor roar takes over close to red-line. I know it's louder than stock but, I've been living with a pretty loud exhaust so it's amazing how much it quieted down. Sounds like a complete exhaust system now. Havent got to listen to it outside the car yet, I'm sure it sounds great. The car is much easier to live with and drive around with the wife and I really dont mind a loud exhaust, but this seems just right.

The power feels the same as it did with the pipes and yes these do have the bracket that mounts to the tranny as the stocks one do. The price was good and defeinetly recommend them.
Heya, I also have the nismo cat back and im thinking of buying UR hfc's. Did you have any cracking issue's so far or still going strong?

thanks a lot!