Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Invidia N-1 or Injen Super SES exhaust system??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Mr.Smallville

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Invidia N-1 or Injen Super SES exhaust system??

March 11 i have a $1000 race vs. a 2006 Subaru STi i need to get the most horsepower available in a exhaust. Injen Super SES delivers 17hp or 22hp using da injen intake and goes for $825. On the other hand i found that a invidia N-1 Stainless Steel High Perfomance Cat back Exhaust system that delivers 18-25 hp and 10lbs of torque and goes for $639. Da injen one sounds tight but more cash da invidia i have never heard it but financialy is good. Does anyone own a Invidia exhaust that can provide me with sound clips and feedback. I want a unique sound that people will turn to look what kind of car it is.Thanks ur help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:26 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Just suggestion. If you want to be taken seriously by forum members, get serious with you posts. On one hand your have a $1,000 race, on the other you quote exaggerated manufacture claims. Please drop da. English is preferred.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:19 AM
streetracer

There is a shop around here the modifies Solo 1 cars and he says people are actually loosing hp with modified exhausts. I dont want to get into anybodys case by any means, just don't get absorbed into the 17 hp gain by an exhaust in a 350z. What I see from the this forum seems to be popcharger, UR crank pulley, plenum spacer, and racing test pipes sem to be the hottest modds without going forced induction.

Why did yoy bet $1k with a Subary Sti, everyone knows they are faster and an exhaust is not going to help you. My suggestion:
1-Force him to have more people in the car; I raced one in the highway that had three people and I stayed toe to toe.
2-Dont have the gas tank full
3-Get rid of your spare
4-Do not have passengers
5-If you can, get race fuel

Just my two cents!!!

Last edited by streetracer; 02-26-2006 at 04:24 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:37 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by streetracer
There is a shop around here the modifies Solo 1 cars and he says people are actually loosing hp with modified exhausts. I dont want to get into anybodys case by any means, just don't get absorbed into the 17 hp gain by an exhaust in a 350z. What I see from the this forum seems to be popcharger, UR crank pulley, plenum spacer, and racing test pipes sem to be the hottest modds without going forced induction.
Exhausts aren't extremely productive because the stock design for the stock engine is actually pretty good, but then, pop-chargers are worse (although at a better cost).

Several exhausts do make HP, though. Just not a ton.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:48 AM
350z bra

check ur private messages. pmed you about the invidia
Old 02-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Mr.Smallville

Thumbs up

i made this bet because this is his first stick car and im tired of hearing this brick talk trash about my Z. these hp gains are straight from the manufacturer,im just quoting what they put i got no reason to lie. Ive raced my Z so i know what im doing im just trying to get an extra boost.i got headers and a cold air intake. I have faith in my Z and thanks for the feedback
Old 02-26-2006, 09:21 AM
NA350Z

Originally Posted by Mr.Smallville
i made this bet because this is his first stick car and im tired of hearing this brick talk trash about my Z. these hp gains are straight from the manufacturer,im just quoting what they put i got no reason to lie. Ive raced my Z so i know what im doing im just trying to get an extra boost.i got headers and a cold air intake. I have faith in my Z and thanks for the feedback

Im afraid faith isnt enough when you're racing an STi, if you're racing from a light/dig, he'll eat you, modded or not, those things do 13.1 in the quarter mile STOCK!! Your best bet is racing on the highway at midrange and still it will be very difficult.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:44 AM
RBlover69

get a better set of tires.and a 3.9 final gear , and a nice 75 wet shot will get u a win on the highway .
Old 02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
davidv

Ive raced my Z so i know what im doing
And I’m sure that you do. Post some time slips in the drag racing forum. Lets see were we are now.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:07 PM
punish_her

If you have faith in the Z why the last minute mods to gain HP. You should have done a little more research on HP/ weight #'s, acceleration, and overall performance. With out FI or NO2 you will be out the cost of the mods and the $1000. What you should have done is take the crap the "brick" was talking and do a good build. Hasty building just for one race is a great way to blow you motor. Its bad to start off a post with, "On March 11, I have a $1000 race....."

Enough of the chastizing. I have the Injen SES duals and test pipes, there was deffinately a noticeable difference. The biggest diffrence (this side of FI) on the cars additude is the JWT HD clutch and LTWT fly wheel. You can substitute any LTWT fly wheel. The engine revs way quicker. You need to free up your breathing with and intake as well. Get a good reflash for the mods you put on. Thats the cheapiest way to get consistant power... If you throw a code you go into a limp mode. Most people experience the codes poping up on intake/exhaust mods. You end up leaner than the car likes.

Advice:

Never bet on races when you dont know the facts. Is this guy modding too. It will take him less $$$ to get more power since he's got the hard work done on purchase. Z's have more potential but are starting on the wrong end of the spectrum. Once you dig into modding you'll find the real potential of the Z.

How much experience do you have racing? One bad launch or one miss shift and you lost 1G. Are you realy prepared for that pressure?

Last hope to hell this is at the strip. The stakes involved with racing on public roads is real stupid. Not only are you taking your life in your own hands (due to unknown/ less-than-perfect road conditions) you are taking the life of any unwary jay walker, motorist who happens to pull out, or animalwho happens to jump out. If you race and kill some one you facing 5 to 10 in the state pen for various charges including vehicular manslaughter/murder. This post can be used as evidence to up the charge because it show planning.

Best of luck.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:18 PM
streetracer

Guys, I think that is not what Smallville wants to hear.

So what does he really want to hear?

Go for it, man. Hey, the Z is a V6, right?! You got it made. Plus you got an intake system and plenty of what the greeks call thrussels (Mr. Colombo; "For your eyes only").
Old 02-26-2006, 05:44 PM
RBlover69

just follow my intructstions ,...you will be okay. ....But take it to the track....and if so better have DR or slicks or else dont embarass yourself with a awd car.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:57 PM
ridemyjansen

nitrous = )
Old 02-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

Um.. First of all a stock STi is trash on the highway, I have an 06 mt Z and pulled one by over a car from a 60 roll.. From a dig thats another story, with drag radials and the right bolt ons you can hang and even pull on a stock one.. (with a good driver that is). You WILL NOT gain more that 4-5hp to the wheels IF that, with just a cat back.. If the STi is stock he should not pull you from a roll.. Get a plenum spacer, drag radials, test pipes, and a Y pipe.. You shouldnt have any problems if you can drive..
Old 02-26-2006, 07:28 PM
davidv

Question

Originally Posted by davidv
And I’m sure that you do. Post some time slips in the drag racing forum. Lets see were we are now.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Mr.Smallville

Punish_her: thanks for ur feedback.Yes this guy is running a stock STI and cant shift for ****.I know the dangers of racing and the bad things that can happen.I started the post the way i did because i want people to put themselves in my shoes and see that they would do. Thanks for the advice but i can launch on the dot and its not about the car its all about the driver.

Streetracer:Yeah im well aware that the STI is a much faster car if you can drive the damn thing.This guys a rook and needs to learn the hard way. i posted this thread to get positive or negative feedback it doesnt matter i just want to know what people think.if your gonna waste ur time and be sarcastic about this **** than i suggest you bounce and go dwell on something else.

Osix350Z:thanks for the heads up and i know its possible to beat a STI many probably r too scared just cause its AWD and stock tubo. ITS ALL ABOUT THE DRIVER...but anyway i got this in da bag.

i also started this thread to figure out what exhaust system to buy because i need people who have these to let me know how it sounds and do you like it.Thanks to everyone else who gave me there 2 cents.GOOD/BAD feedback is welcomed. BY THE WAY WE WILL BE RECORDING THIS EVENT AND I WILL POST IT ON THIS THREAD SO PEOPLE KNOW WHATS UP

Last edited by Mr.Smallville; 02-26-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:58 AM
streetracer

Asuming you run from 60mph (otherwise you have no chance)

Driver's race...hmmmm. Well, lets dramatize it. You start by a nice and aggressive downshift to third. You will pull out ahead by a half a car length. Then suddenly you head a turbo whine really loud and guess what; its an Sti that is just passing you. Then you owe $1k. You can be M. Schumacker, once you gas it, aint nothing you can do but wait for another shift. Lap times is another story because then you need heel and toe.

BTW, I tried to help you earlier on the post with some suggestions. That was a joke. Don't take it personal. Hey, everybody learns, some of us and sometimes the hardway.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:21 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by davidv
That's what a figured. I’m out of here.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:06 PM
ChunKy350Z

Invidia N1 exhaust sound is extremely nice |!! i really like it

but after all ... just get it rolling dont go from a dig !
Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Mr.Smallville

HAHAHAHAHAHAH from a dig i got dis *****. I WILL POST UP DA VIDEO AS SOON AS DAT BIATCH GIVES ME DA TAPE. yUP WE TOOK OFF THE SAME AND THEN HE MOVED UP A LITTLE ON 3RD GEAR BUT HE ****ED UP ON 5TH AND THATS WHERE I GOT HIM AND HIS MONEY.I TOLD U HE CANT SHIFT ESPECIALLY UNDER PRESSURE. OH YEAH BY DA WAY I DID GET THE INJEN SES AND ITS BAD *** IT WAS A NICE WAY OF BREAKING IN MY EXHAUST

Quick Reply: Invidia N-1 or Injen Super SES exhaust system??