Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Those of you that have an Injen Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
skyydiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those of you that have an Injen Exhaust...

Thank you for looking at this post. I am interested in purchasing the Injen SESTrue Duals (not the ti's) for my 2006 (or the Stillens...see other post). What I am wanting to know is:

1)How do you like the exhaust? Are you happy with it?
2)Is the build quality there?
3)Are the tips nice?
4)Installation is straight forward, however, do you feel that Injen included everything needed to do the swap or did you find yourself having to chase down parts or was there something better that Injen could have done to make your life easier during installation. (I have heard that one tip sticks out further than the other)
5)If you could choose an exhaust system again (without spending more money) would you still invest in this exhaust system?
Old 08-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems like half and half..
Old 08-10-2006, 04:59 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist
Premier Member

1) I sold mine.
2) Build quality seemed fine.
3) Tips are nice but takes quite a bit to get them even in the half rounds and as you have heard one side often sticks out further than the other (I added 4 gaskets to the short side to push it out to even).
4) Install is easy, all parts included.
5) I sold mine and got a Nismo, it does not have quite the style of the Injen but it is miles better in every other respect.

Chris
Old 08-11-2006, 05:48 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I had the Injen Super SES Cat-Back Exhaust System installed by an experienced mechanic. He mentioned the he was impressed with the quantity and fit. My preference is a dual exhaust with two resonators and two mufflers. Look at the design: 90-degree bends are eliminated. Injen Super SES Cat-Back Exhaust System fits my needs.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:45 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have it. i love it. it is loud. the quality looks very good (very nice looking welds). didn't take me long to adjust the tips evenly heightwise, though i think one does stick out farther than the other. did i mention it sounds rediculous with test pipes. in my opinion it is the nicest looking exhaust for the Z besides exhausts that cost twice as much (ie: the amuse). the noise can get annoying once in a while, and i have thought about selling the exhaust (especially after doing drives to or from school - rougly 4 hours at 3,000rpm). however, i never seem to actually get myself to go through with it. oh and you don't have to worry about running to parts stores to find anything. everything you need is included.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:55 AM
TheCajunStyle

I had my performance shop install the new gen SES (straight tips) and it came out absolutely perfect. I watched him install it and the adjustment was a sort of "art form"--but everything came out perfect with NO modifications. The tips are NOT huge watermelon canons. I'm F/I'ed and it's always quiet unless I'm in boost. The sound is a little bit deeper, that's all. I don't have any droning. I use test pipes, and there is NO rasp. I'm very happy with this true dual exhaust.

I've also taken it to a local muffler shop and they too were impressed by the build quality.

I'll upload some video later which shows this exhaust in action.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:52 PM
BluZee

Ive had mine since they first came out in May 2004. Love the look, love the sound. Install was a breeze. I really want the new version with the bigger piping and titanium tips though.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:21 PM
skyydiver

Guys, thank you so much for your candid feedback. I really appreciate it!

Please keep 'em coming!

-Joe
Old 08-11-2006, 03:32 PM
kevinbonds

I have to be one of the first guys around with this exhaust. I got my car in 03 and there were barely even intakes available. At the time there wasnt much selection. But i really liked the way the exhust mounts under the car very unique. I really like the sound, it is very loud but deep enough not to sound raspy. I have had mine for about three years and havent had any problems. I had to modify it to fit under my rear valance. In my opinion for the money its a great exhaust.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:20 PM
skyydiver

ttt
Old 08-15-2006, 06:19 PM
Hencho

I have crawford hfc and an injen Ses, Love the sound - looks perfect as well

Had a shop install the exhaust after about an hour or so of trying to remove the bolts on the stock one, bring it to a shop - its easier for them just to melt out the old bolts rather than try to loosen them all up.

The shop didnt seem to have any problems at all installing the exhaust, and it looked very good quality before and after they put it on.

As far as sound goes - I have only heard it with HFC's and not alone, But mine sounds great - Not raspy at all, and only drones at 3k, but i just upshift and at 3.5-4 its absolutely silent !

The sound totally depends on how you drive it - I drive very slow and low rpm in town here, and its very quiet. When i get on the highway or in backroads it can get a little loud.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:37 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

quality is great, sound is great, good agressive sound, was the right price!

Cant go wrong with Injen! I will only sell mine when I goto Forced induction!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:47 PM
05-Z

Nice respones, I'm still trying to decide on which exhaust to purchase.

I'm a little worried about the noise on the Injen, but $$ to HP it's tough to beat.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 PM
skyydiver

I have to agree with you 05-Z. I calculated this to be the best exhaust for the money at $53.63/HP and $57.02/Ft-Lb (based on claims of 16RWHP and 15Ft-Lbs).

Intense Power has the best pricing that I have been able to find for $858.00 and they are offering FREE shipping!

http://www.intensepower.com/insesexwti35.html

-J
Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist
Premier Member

Originally Posted by skyydiver
I have to agree with you 05-Z. I calculated this to be the best exhaust for the money at $53.63/HP and $57.02/Ft-Lb (based on claims of 16RWHP and 15Ft-Lbs).

Intense Power has the best pricing that I have been able to find for $858.00 and they are offering FREE shipping!

http://www.intensepower.com/insesexwti35.html

-J
Aren't those claims based on the early angle tips with the silencers removed while the straight tip 50mm system has silencers permanently installed inside the rear boxes.

Chris
Old 08-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

1)Exhaust is great IMO. I switched to the INjen after having the Borla on for about 6 months.
2)Build quality was way beyond that of the Borla and most other brands for that matter
3)I've had it on for 1.5 years and the tips still look brand new.
4)INstallation is very straight forward and everything you need is included. Did I mention the quality of this piece?
5)I would buy this exhaust again. I get great performance from it. With Stock Cats and this exhaust I was able to push 554 TQ and 475WHP. I recently traded out the cats for UTR 2.5" Test Pipes and everything flows so nicely and boost comes on so fast you wouldnt believe it.

Hope this helps you.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:26 AM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

thats good to head USN, this can be used for FI too!

The exhaust with stock cats is not overbearing at all!
with resonated test pipes and headers its gets decently loud but still sounds great!

good luck with the purchase!
Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM
skyydiver

That does help USN. Thank you so much...especially because I am looking at going F/I sometime early next year. Thank you for responding to the post.

To answer your question Chris, I am not sure. I pulled those numbers off of Intense Powers website. I know that the numbers are not based on any dynos that Intense Power did...but from Injen...which of course as we all know is going to be a little inflated...or alot. Ha Ha Ha
Old 08-18-2006, 10:17 PM
kuo246

I dont mean to hijack this thread but im also curious about this exhaust. does any one know ifthe new Ti SES sound the same or quieter than this one.
thanks again
Old 08-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Azn_Empurio

are these high gains injen is claiming really true? or is it more like 5whp ><, cause hell if it relaly is 15whp, goodbye fujitsubo

Quick Reply: Those of you that have an Injen Exhaust...