Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

INJEN installed, looks great, I can tell the difference

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 02:08 PM
zogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INJEN installed, looks great, I can tell the difference

I installed my Injen CAI last Friday night. It took me and 4 other guys about 2 hours. The only problem we had was find the heat shield location. Everything else was easy.

Install, I have never installed anything before, I would consider it slightly challenging to someone like myself, but for someone w/ experience, it would been easy. Everyone says the heat sheild is the hardest thing to install, it took us 15 minutes, which we accidently did at the end b/c we didn't read the first page of instructions.

Sound, For some reason I can tell a difference in my exhaust sound, I have flowmaster 80 series w/ the resonator removed, it is "louder". Not deeper. I can't really tell any difference in the as far as engine sound goes

Looks, I think it looks awsome under the hood. Everyone was impressed by its set up.

Performance, I can tell a big difference around 4k rpms. I know it is just intake, but there is a big difference on my set up, Maybe b/c of my exhaust, I don't know????? I am very glad I spent the money.

Ordering, I order it from www.pmpdesigns.com, he got out promptly after my order, he was very professional, gave me his phone number if I needed any help, just great secure service. His
Wicked4u2c, he knows his stuff and has a lot of other Z products.

now that I am done advertising, I would say all around I love this new mod, it completes my set up. It looks good in the car, no problems thus far, and you can tell the difference by seat of pants, and it's not just me, everyone that rides in w/ out prior knowlede of the the new mod, they still say, did you do something to this car??
Attached Thumbnails INJEN installed, looks great, I can tell the difference-complete.jpg  
Old 03-02-2003, 02:08 PM
zogan

here is the pic of the filter.
Attached Thumbnails INJEN installed, looks great, I can tell the difference-filter.jpg  
Old 03-02-2003, 04:19 PM
principe

Default Bumper removal

Zogan,

I have one on order, did you have to remove the bumper to install it?

This is the only parts that I have some reservation about.

If you did was it easy to do?

Thx...
Old 03-02-2003, 04:58 PM
zogan

Default Re: Bumper removal

Originally posted by principe
Zogan,

I have one on order, did you have to remove the bumper to install it?

This is the only parts that I have some reservation about.

If you did was it easy to do?

Thx...
NO, I didn't remove it. Its not hard at all to remove if you choose to go that route, I simply took the black plastic guard of the bottom of the car, there are like 20 screws or something like that. It was really easy, takes about 10 minutes. Once you get the intake, the firs thing you do after you take out the stock air box is install the heat shield, then I would take off the black guard on the bottom. The install isn't hard if you do it yourself, if you have any questions, you can IM on my aol handle or PM if I am online.
Old 03-03-2003, 05:26 AM
Moridan

Default CAI

My biggest concern with this setup is the location of the filter. What is the chance of water getting in and causing damage to that air filter? And worse, could water get past the filter and into the engine? Lost one 302 because of that once, ouch.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:56 AM
integrate

Default Re: CAI

Originally posted by Moridan
My biggest concern with this setup is the location of the filter. What is the chance of water getting in and causing damage to that air filter? And worse, could water get past the filter and into the engine? Lost one 302 because of that once, ouch.
The chances are probably the same as any other vehicle with a CAI. So, depending on how low the filter is to the ground, it probably has the same chance as your 302 to suck in water.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Moridan

Default CAI

Most CAI I have delt with have placed the filter in an area under the hood that wont get wet, at least directly. The placement of this Injen one seems to be right there in the grill, which may be good for performance, but will tend to soak the filter in no time during rainy travel 9-(
Old 03-03-2003, 06:16 PM
strangebrew

Default protective cover

Didn't someone on this site say that you could get a protective cover for the filter that would keep the rain and water off of it?
Old 03-03-2003, 06:29 PM
nosuchsol

Default Re: protective cover

Originally posted by strangebrew
Didn't someone on this site say that you could get a protective cover for the filter that would keep the rain and water off of it?
I mentioned that it would be easy to make one. a black plastic l-shaped piece that would cover the front and bottom and extend to the left of the filter. It's not fail proof but would keep a great deal away from the intake. In the Z32 I left the rain deflector in place which protected the filter with little or no performance decrease.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:38 PM
zogan

I hear they make valve, I don't know the name of the valve, but it protects it from the rain, I don't know anything about this, does anyone?????

As far as my concern of water damage, this car isn't my daily driver, I drive it maybe two days a week if that.
Old 03-03-2003, 07:31 PM
strangebrew

AEM makes a valve. I don't know anything about a valve for Ingen. But I am not really concerned with it sucking in water, but just getting wet, then getting dirt stuck to it, to the point where it has to be cleaned too often. And considering that it is in a VERY inconvenient place, this makes it a hassle.

It's cheap enough these days to just try it I guess. Maybe some kind of a shield (like 'nosuchsol' suggests) would help. I had the JWT intake on 3 different 300ZX's that I have had. It was placed in a similar area, but it was protected by a plastic flap that was already in that section of the air dam. To my knowledge, it never got dirty or wet. Something like that might work.

I just the post that talks about the Injen cover...... 'CSHFLW' said this on 12-22-2002 03:27 PM:
And if Your REALLY worried about it INJEN makes a air filter cover which covers 30-40% of the filter, and it's chrome.

Last edited by strangebrew; 03-03-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:55 AM
ZGrrrl

Unhappy Hey guys

Hey all,
I was hopping mad yesterday when I installed my Injen only to find out that they had not included the inline filter diffuser with my kit. Oh was I pi$$ed. So with no one answering the phones at Injen or at Gruppe-s.com, I took it upon myself to electrical tape together the 15" 19mm hose to the stock hose. THe question is, Is this safe to drive? And also what is the function of that piece? How important is it? THanks for any who help this damsel in distress!

Janee'