Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Just purchased a Fujitsubo TI Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:25 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by titanjc
VandyZ, I like the triple "Z" lineup vertically on your car. Looks great!

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
bwassul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fuji stainless is known as a more quiet exhaust. Is this the case for the Ti as well?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:47 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by bwassul
The Fuji stainless is known as a more quiet exhaust. Is this the case for the Ti as well?
I believe it's the exact same design, so they should sound identical. The only difference is that the titanium system is alot lighter.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:52 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by VandyZ
First off . . . you will love it. I have had mine for a while now and it is my favorite exhaust out of any I have heard.

The ones with the - - - Z - - - laser etched are the first ones Fuji ever offered. I believe that they were originally optional equipment in Japan as well as offered in the aftermarket.

If you want a complete system get a fuji y pipe. It actually makes as much performance gains as the actual exhaust. The most advantageous thing about the Fuji Ti is the weight and the sound. If you dont get a y pipe you will still be restricted until the mid pipe.

Here is mine:

Beautiful exhaust! I wish that model would've been available for me... Thanks for the clarification.... I did consider the "Y" after Wired24/7 mentioned it and I discussed it with a friend of mine. What I'd be concerned about is passing emissions. Another concern I'd have is an increase in cabin resonnance and overall output. I'm kinda on the quiet side, so I'd like to keep my performance exhaust as quiet as possible but at the same time not restrict it too much. What is your take on this?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:54 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by FairladyZX
very nice vo! i didn't know fuji cost much more than nismo...do post some pics after u done wid it
Thanx bro Yes, they cost a pretty penny. It was actually a few hundred dollars more, but I happened to find a vendor that took a loss on it and had it in inventory for over a year. I believe he just wanted to get it off his shelf so he sold it to me at cost....It was a vendor classified add where I found it.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:12 PM
VandyZ

Originally Posted by vo7848
Beautiful exhaust! I wish that model would've been available for me... Thanks for the clarification.... I did consider the "Y" after Wired24/7 mentioned it and I discussed it with a friend of mine. What I'd be concerned about is passing emissions. Another concern I'd have is an increase in cabin resonnance and overall output. I'm kinda on the quiet side, so I'd like to keep my performance exhaust as quiet as possible but at the same time not restrict it too much. What is your take on this?
Even with high flow cats and y pipe the exhaust is still very very tame. Much quieter than the a stock car with the nismo. Full throttle bursts do sound awesome tho, so dont think it cant bite. There are no emissions issues with any y-pipe. The only place you will run into issues with emissions is on the cat level depending on how strict they enforce those things where you live.

BTY, the SS version and Ti version do have a distinctly different sound. The resonance on the Ti sounds more exotic and unique. The SS however does sound quite good as well.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:27 PM
VO...
Administrator

Even with high flow cats and y pipe the exhaust is still very very tame. Much quieter than the a stock car with the nismo. Full throttle bursts do sound awesome tho, so dont think it cant bite. There are no emissions issues with any y-pipe. The only place you will run into issues with emissions is on the cat level depending on how strict they enforce those things where you live.

BTY, the SS version and Ti version do have a distinctly different sound. The resonance on the Ti sounds more exotic and unique. The SS however does sound quite good as well.
thank you. I appreciate the good info...
Old 09-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I <3 the Fuji TI. Congrats on the purchase!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:34 PM
LODOSS

is it me or do all the pics looks liek the right is higher than the left?

but anyways nice exhaust.. i am poor so i picked up the stainless steel one.. still looks great.. for some reason some co=workers of mine thinks that it destroyed the looks of the car because of the tips being so damn big.

i think it fits the car pretty good.. a little big? yes i would say but still fits the bulky car.

your rear bumper looks sharp.. my rear looks all hazy some paint shop guy told me that the dealer probably repainted the rear and of course did'nt do a very good job with it.. =(
Old 09-22-2006, 03:43 AM
VandyZ

Originally Posted by LODOSS
is it me or do all the pics looks liek the right is higher than the left?

but anyways nice exhaust.. i am poor so i picked up the stainless steel one.. still looks great.. for some reason some co=workers of mine thinks that it destroyed the looks of the car because of the tips being so damn big.

i think it fits the car pretty good.. a little big? yes i would say but still fits the bulky car.

your rear bumper looks sharp.. my rear looks all hazy some paint shop guy told me that the dealer probably repainted the rear and of course did'nt do a very good job with it.. =(
Yes the right is higher . . .I can for sure tell when I am cleaning the tips as my hand doent fit between the right but it does the left. Its off by a small margin. I could fix it by heating the right hanger and bending it, but never have.

You are right the tips are huge when the exhaust is off the car, once you put it on, it really fits with the car and the bumper. And about the bumper . . .that one was new with a fresh coat of paint. I had been nudged 3 or 4 times and the old one needed to be replaced.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:43 AM
VO...
Administrator

Now that you mention it, you are correct. The Ti does have a distinctively different sound. I listed to two sound clips over and over. The Ti has a rumbling/crackling sound once you let off the accelerator at the end of a high rev. It sounds similar, but not as throaty, to a mustang with an aftermarket exhaust.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that is why sound clips are largely a waste of time. I've had both the stainless and ti ones on my own car - they sounded not distinctively different at all. The stainless was a tad deeper, the ti a tad more "exotic" if you will, but both were nearly the same overall. Both were mated to the same Ultimate Racing Y pipe and Ultimate Racing cats.

My car has no crackling, no rumbling or any sort - just very mellow
Old 09-22-2006, 07:18 AM
VandyZ

Well all I know is that on another car with the same exact exhaust mods I have there was a distinct difference as we did several in and out of car comparisons, but every car is a little differnet too. The popping and crackling is not the exhaust but more the cats in any of my videos. I had gutted cats for a while and the off throttle popping was more pronounced and not a well formed sound IMO, thus I went back to normal high flow.

I still say the Ti has a different sound, but I guess it doent really matter.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sound clips are worthless unless the car is under load (driving around).... stand-still revving never sounds correct, or as good.

Also you get that popping sound a lot, with any exhaust (Even stock) if you rev while standing still.

I think it's unburned hydrocarbons burning off in the exhaust pipe or something?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:29 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Sound clips are worthless unless the car is under load (driving around).... stand-still revving never sounds correct, or as good.

Also you get that popping sound a lot, with any exhaust (Even stock) if you rev while standing still.

I think it's unburned hydrocarbons burning off in the exhaust pipe or something?
Funny that you mention this. We have a heavily modded STI on my team. When she's driving, from time to time her exhaust will let out a cool little flame. It looks cool at night
Old 09-22-2006, 09:34 AM
TruBluZ

HOLY HELL VAL!!!! Congrats!

That thing cost more than my 3" exhaust! Hope it fits better!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:35 AM
TruBluZ

Funny that you mention this. We have a heavily modded STI on my team. When she's driving, from time to time her exhaust will let out a cool little flame. It looks cool at night
That flame is FAR from little coming out of the Scoob. LOL!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:35 AM
titanjc

VandyZ, on a side note, the Z you have on your hatch in place of the Nissan burger... where did you get it?
Old 09-22-2006, 09:39 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by TruBluZ
That flame is FAR from little coming out of the Scoob. LOL!
I was being modest..Hehehe

Thanks George! I found it on a year old vendor classified @ Injected. It's gonna be sweet! Should come in Monday/Tuesday. I'll probably install it at my uncle's house. He has a lift. That-a-way we can stand under the car. The car will be down for about a week after that though. Jason from Prestige Motorsports is painting my engine cover & battery covers. Atlas plating is going to polish my plenum while I have everything disassembled. Hey, are you making out to HIN?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:49 AM
TruBluZ

I was being modest..Hehehe

Thanks George! I found it on a year old vendor classified @ Injected. It's gonna be sweet! Should come in Monday/Tuesday. I'll probably install it at my uncle's house. He has a lift. That-a-way we can stand under the car. The car will be down for about a week after that though. Jason from Prestige Motorsports is painting my engine cover & battery covers. Atlas plating is going to polish my plenum while I have everything disassembled. Hey, are you making out to HIN?
No HIN for me. The car is going under the knife once again. It won't be ready in time.

Quick Reply: Just purchased a Fujitsubo TI Exhaust...