Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Stock exaust owners only

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 05:13 PM
cheesewedge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock exaust owners only

Hi. Just trying to get some non biased comments on performance exaust from poeple who DO NOT own an after market system but are looking to get one. What do you like and why? Performance stock owners are welcome to chime in if your current set-up sucks and you are willing to admit it.

cheesewedge
Old 10-02-2006, 05:18 PM
mikealexander

i like the single exhaust JIC TI because of the look and the sound, sounds very mean and the way i think the Z should sound and i do have this exhaust for sale PIT TI nice sounding exhaust but i just wanna go single i have it for 200.00 let me know if you are interested
Old 10-02-2006, 06:06 PM
bofa

I have the Borla TD and while I really like the rumble... I'm sick of the many pieces and overall quality. A good exhaust should have as few pieces as possible, no clamps, look clean with the rear end and make the car sound like a tame monster until you floor it and all hell breaks loose. And I think $1500 is too much for an exhaust unless it's everything (headers and back). I haven't heard of enough power created to justify a $1500 cat-back. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

I have the stock exhaust with just the APS 2.5" test pipe and love it. The after market exhaust I'm looking at getting is the Tanabe Touring. I like the style and the 93db rating.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:13 PM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K
I have the stock exhaust with just the APS 2.5" test pipe and love it.
+1 stock exhaust with Megan Racing test pipes and I love it.
I'm going to get a Megan racing Y-pipe and be done with my exhaust
Old 10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
davidv

Damn. I am not sure if I have your permission to reply or not. The rules are way too complicated.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:26 PM
stein

I've heard the nismo and will eventually get that since at cruzing speed it's not overbearing.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have no exhaust mods other than the kinetix hfc. I do not want to spend 1k plus or minus a few hundred $$ at this point in time.

IMO the best setup for the N/A 350Z would be a 2.5" true dual system, which keeps high exhaust flow velocity (good) without much restriction (AKA backpressure=bad).

There several great exhausts that meet this 2.5" true dual criterium.

I think HKS, injen, fast intentions intimidator, borla, stillen are all 2.5" true dual... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:47 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cheesewedge
Hi. Just trying to get some non biased comments on performance exhaust from people who DO NOT own an after market system but are looking to get one. What do you like and why? Performance stock owners are welcome to chime in if your current set-up sucks and you are willing to admit it.

cheesewedge
So you are looking for opinions from people who have not yet made a decision or those who have made poor ones?

What are you hoping to gain?

By the way, I think I am allowed to post because I once had a so called "Performance" exhaust, on the other hand, I don't have it anymore so I wont say what it was.

Chris
Old 10-02-2006, 08:38 PM
cheesewedge

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
So you are looking for opinions from people who have not yet made a decision or those who have made poor ones?

What are you hoping to gain?

By the way, I think I am allowed to post because I once had a so called "Performance" exhaust, on the other hand, I don't have it anymore so I wont say what it was.

Chris
I am looking for what people like and are leaning towards purchasing and for what reasons. I have heard from many about their personal exaust choices in previous threads so I wanted to know what others that are in the market are considering. Hope this is Okay? One can't get enough info with all the types/styles/brands on the maket before making that crucial decision.

cheesewedge
Old 10-02-2006, 08:44 PM
cheesewedge

Originally Posted by davidv
Damn. I am not sure if I have your permission to reply or not. The rules are way too complicated.
If you are only offering a smart a$$ reply and not helpful info then shut the hellz up.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:48 PM
bleufiend

Ive been searching around for an exhaust for my car, I dont want to go with another fiber glass packing muffler since on my last car (2005 Sentra SE-R Spec V) I had a A'PEXi N1 and the packing started to come out of it in less then a year. It just kept getting louder and louder.

Id like to find a resonated exhaust like the stock one but with dual mufflers, Idk if Im going to be able to find that though lol.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:57 PM
3FITTTY

ive been debating between Injen SES Ti and the HKS Hi Piwer Ti, both true dual setups but the injen is several hundred cheaper.. ill more than likely get the HKS, have yet to hear anything bad about it..
Old 10-02-2006, 08:59 PM
mikeg8r

Fujitsubo Legalis. Good sounding, low key exhaust with good performance, it's pricey tho. It'll be a while before I get it. Maybe something better will come out by then, or someone will get tired of theirs.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:58 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7

I think HKS, injen, fast intentions intimidator, borla, stillen are all 2.5" true dual... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
hmmm...
was that a paid advertisement?
Old 10-03-2006, 05:27 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by cheesewedge
If you are only offering a smart a$$ reply and not helpful info then shut the hellz up.
LOL
Old 10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
skyydiver

After months of doing what you are doing, I have decided on the Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust...in fact, I am gotta place my order with Tony this week.

http://www.fastintentions.com/350z.htm

My reason for this exhaust set-up is because:
1) True dual with an X-pipe...not an H or Y pipe design.
2) Build Quality
3) Sound Quality
4) Going FI Next year and I want to be set up for that...not recommend if you ever plan on going single turbo though. Single Turbos do better mating wise with a Single pipe back set up ie...Nismo

If I was not going FI, I would have chosen the Nismo. This is a sweet exhaust!!!

Probably the only other exhaust that is truly phenominal in build and sound quality is the SVRT exhaust system (I think I got the name right). The only reason I did not chose this true dual exhaust is because he does a true from the exhaust manifold back (not cat back) and deletes the cats so that you do not have to spend the extra money on test pipes. However, this may fit your situation. His website is:
http://svrtechnologies.com/2.html

Here are some more posts in regards to exhaust that I put out when I was researching them...hopefully they will be beneficial to you.

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/217041-before-i-drop-500-600-on-hfc-s-do-they-really-make-that-much-of-performance-diff.html

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/209621-those-of-you-that-have-the-stillen-dual-exhaust.html

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/217840-those-of-you-with-the-fast-intentions-intimidator-exhaust-system.html

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/209620-those-of-you-that-have-an-injen-exhaust.html

And for your listening pleasure, various exhaust sound clips:

http://www.everything350z.com/exhaust.html

Good Luck with your decsion...keep us posted!

Joe
Old 10-03-2006, 01:28 PM
youngZ33

+1 nismo exhaust
Old 10-03-2006, 01:55 PM
johnnybravo77

Just bought the Injen TI exhaust. Man if is friggin' awesome!!!! It's under 1K, the sound is ridiculously awesome, pipes look badass from the back, don't have one single complaint about it!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vamos_Rafael
hmmm...
was that a paid advertisement?
Not at all. I just happen to like their design.

By the way, don't trust sound clips when they are just revving the engine with no load. All exhausts sound different when the engine is under load.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 10-03-2006 at 03:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Stock exaust owners only