Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

What Headers do you guys recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:59 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aceman
I have DC Sports, which i installed myself. But what i dont think i have seen is, the difference in performance from DC to Crawford. I know Crawford does make more HP i just dont know what the Difference is in power.

I am happy with mine, took 5 hours to install on Jack Stands. I believe crawfords require more time for the install.

Later
Todd
Crawfords require the damn motor to be lifted a bit. lol
Old 12-07-2006, 08:08 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by MR2liter
Here are the topspeed headers.
Not bad for $250 shipped eh?

care to show pics of the collector plz (inside pics plz) and is you dont mind specifiyin piping size etc etc....

to bad its not equal length
Old 12-07-2006, 08:12 AM
MR2liter
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
care to show pics of the collector plz (inside pics plz) and is you dont mind specifiyin piping size etc etc....

to bad its not equal length

The collector is actually very smooth. It has been ground down to make sure there is no roughness.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:14 AM
MR2liter
Banned

The primarys are 1.6"
Old 12-07-2006, 08:15 AM
97supratt

Can you do a pre/post dyno on those headers?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:18 AM
IIQuickSilverII

The primarys are 1.6"
thanks for your replays btw...

collector size... 2.25"??
and plz confirmt hey are not equal length....
Old 12-07-2006, 08:22 AM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by 97supratt
Top speed and megan racing are junk, and crawford is the best performing but the most expensive and hardest to install.
^^^
DO you care to elaborate on this statement or do you just like to blurt out opinions without stating facts?
On another thread, 97supratt had a problem with a Megan Racing test pipe so he equates everything associated with this brand as junk. He just like to generalize things. On another thread below, he does the same thing and argues with another member about an HKS replica:

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/233717-hks-knock-off.html
Old 12-07-2006, 08:30 AM
350Z_LEE

I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for as well. I have been researching headers for a while. I think I am going to go with the Strup, DC Sports, or Alphawerks.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:41 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by z-u-later
^^^

On another thread, 97supratt had a problem with a Megan Racing test pipe so he equates everything associated with this brand as junk. He just like to generalize things. On another thread below, he does the same thing and argues with another member about an HKS replica:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233717
Thats why I asked him to dyno the results! It's not a generalization that most of the top speed/megan racing stuff don't make as much power as the crawfords. It's also not a generalization that most of the top speed/megan racing stuff don't fit as good as crawfords. Am I really generalizing here? Or are you being a smarta$$ internet cadet.

These are my opinions, if you don't like it then stop reading them. I'm not on this forum to be nice to people who buy $100 headers then have to pay 400 for labor to replace them because something went wrong. I have the best headers in the world right now, STOCK! No fitment issues, and zero out of my pocket expense. Do you also have a problem with that?
Old 12-07-2006, 08:45 AM
97supratt

DO you care to elaborate on this statement or do you just like to blurt out opinions without stating facts?
The facts are, you will spend $200 bucks on headers from ebay, spend another $400 on install, and get 5whp with a leak later on. hahah
Old 12-07-2006, 08:47 AM
IIQuickSilverII

ok... exclude crawford o this equaltion

stru, alphawerks, nismo, stillen, topspeed, dc sport, megan.... who makes more gains? id said they are alla bout the same 8 whp all +-1 soo to pay an extra 200-300 for the name is not worth it... now i think thats cause is same design, so its jsut abotu the buidl quality...not necesarly performance wise cuase its same...
All i personally care is which will be better turbo wise...thats why i keep askign for the collector size..and if they are equal length or not

so right now only crawford and xerd are the only equal length
Old 12-07-2006, 08:47 AM
97supratt

Here are the topspeed headers.
Not bad for $250 shipped eh?

Do you work for Top Speed? Because usually the inside collector isn't ground down like that. Plus your location is "Top Speed", so if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it might just be a duck.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:49 AM
97supratt

stru, alphawerks, nismo, stillen, topspeed, dc sport, megan.... who makes more gains? id said they are alla bout the same 8 whp all +-1 soo to pay an extra 200-300 for the name is not worth it... now i think thats cause is same design, so its jsut abotu the buidl quality...not necesarly performance wise cuase its same...
All i personally care is which will be better turbo wise...thats why i keep askign for the collector size..and if they are equal length or not

The only turbo kit that will fit stock or aftermarket headers is the Turbonetics kit, and the only aftermarket headers you can use with the Turbonetics kit is alphawerks but they haven't shown any gains compared to stock cast iron manifolds.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:50 AM
z-u-later

I have the best headers in the world right now, STOCK! No fitment issues, and zero out of my pocket expense. Do you also have a problem with that?
You need to chill out, first of all. For someone who does not even have after-market headers, you sure do have strong opinions about something you don't even own. I'd trust my judgement based on experience, not from your opinion, that's for sure.

BTW, your name calling is childish & disrespectful? Mods -- how about calling for a ban? Look at other threads where this poster is disrespectful to other members.

Last edited by z-u-later; 12-07-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:53 AM
97supratt

Originally Posted by z-u-later
You need to chill out, first of all. For someone who does not even have after-market headers, you sure do have strong opinion about something you don't even own. I'd trust my judgement based on experience, not from your opinion, that's for sure.
I don't need to have headers on my car to have knowledge. So I have nitrous, does that make you any less knowledgable of nitrous? No! These are my opinions, either deal with it or leave. It's a public forum and I have a right to my own opinion, whether you agree or disagree that is totally up to you.

Good day.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
IIQuickSilverII

The only turbo kit that will fit stock or aftermarket headers is the Turbonetics kit, and the only aftermarket headers you can use with the Turbonetics kit is alphawerks but they haven't shown any gains compared to stock cast iron manifolds.
ok did i even said i was going to put a turbonetics kit...
gonig with a custom kit..fromt he groudn up..single turbo...not hackign any other kit out there
i jstu can't find info of what injected did on this area...
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

supratt,

FYI... the stock headers are small, very small and they're two stamped steel halves welded together. I took them apart during my header installation because I was curious, with everyone stating they are "cast iron". I was surprised, but its a easy way to keep manu. cost down... also uses less material. Whether or not headers in general give huge or marginal gains seems to have been proven to around 5-8whp. Thats good enough for me and it sounds badazz.

IMO, I would rank the headers I'm familar with in the following manner based on overall quality and close to equal length.
1-Nismo (take a very, very close look at the craftsmenship + diff. tube dia.)
2-Crawford
3-Strup/Alpha
4-Megan (because of the tack welded bracing-tabs)
5-Topspeed

I own TopSpeed, I've had them on for over a year and half now, still good
Picked them up for $200 shippped and JETHOT coated for another $200. Installed them myself for fun and a learning experience...

Zquicksilver
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 AM
IIQuickSilverII

I don't need to have headers on my car to have knowledge. So I have nitrous, does that make you any less knowledgable of nitrous? No! These are my opinions, either deal with it or leave. It's a public forum and I have a right to my own opinion, whether you agree or disagree that is totally up to you.

Good day.

well it woudl be nice if you elaborate a little more dood...
so at least we can keep this civilized and with hard data facts to compater headers in this case... if you jstu wanna rant away headers because you feel like go to the OT thread..
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 AM
97supratt

ok did i even said i was going to put a turbonetics kit...
gonig with a custom kit..fromt he groudn up..single turbo...not hackign any other kit out there
i jstu can't find info of what injected did on this area...

Old 12-07-2006, 09:22 AM
IIQuickSilverII

ok... where in there does it say turbonetics???

Quick Reply: What Headers do you guys recommend?