Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Those of you who has JWT PoP Charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 06:30 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
I don't know why people'd be in neutral at high speed? WTF?!
you accelerate and slow down to exist freeway for xsamle.
Or you just smoked a ricer civic and slow down to make fun of him
Old 03-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-15-2007, 08:43 PM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by VN_350z
you accelerate and slow down to exist freeway for xsamle.
Or you just smoked a ricer civic and slow down to make fun of him
Uh, then you would leave it in gear and let off the throttle to engine brake or actually USE the brakes. People that pull their car out of gear and coast while moving at high speeds need to learn how to drive properly.

No problems with my pop charger at all. When installing the heat sheild, the two small screws that secure the front of it to the pass through duct in the ratiator support are a real b!tch to install (alot of people just leave them off), but otherwise, it's a breeze.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:47 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Uh, then you would leave it in gear and let off the throttle to engine brake or actually USE the brakes. People that pull their car out of gear and coast while moving at high speeds need to learn how to drive properly.

No problems with my pop charger at all. When installing the heat sheild, the two small screws that secure the front of it to the pass through duct in the ratiator support are a real b!tch to install (alot of people just leave them off), but otherwise, it's a breeze.
+1! I left the 2 screws off. No stalling problem here since I never goes to neutral when I'm driving in high speed. I still don't understand why ppl'd do that.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:57 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bb1314
+1! I left the 2 screws off. No stalling problem here since I never goes to neutral when I'm driving in high speed. I still don't understand why ppl'd do that.
lol, i do it sometimes. its called laziness. Now that steve has challenged my driving skills were gonna have to take it to a road course...lol
Old 03-16-2007, 05:41 AM
whitenizmo

Thanks guys, this thread was fun and helpful!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:45 AM
cwdub

whats up fellas, just bought myself a 06 350z......and man i tell ya what...iam really loving it. Looking into some mods and i guess you could say iam stuck....iam looking for this popcharger you guys are talking about. Is there a website where i can buy this.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:20 AM
watson22

I've noticed that some people with the pop charger are switching to the 06 intake. My question is, I have an 06 and was thinking about getting the pop charger, is there any reason I should just stick with the stock intake? I would think (I'm a newb, so I don't know for sure) that the pop charger would be better than the stock intake. But if people are switching then I have no idea.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:18 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by watson22
I've noticed that some people with the pop charger are switching to the 06 intake. My question is, I have an 06 and was thinking about getting the pop charger, is there any reason I should just stick with the stock intake? I would think (I'm a newb, so I don't know for sure) that the pop charger would be better than the stock intake. But if people are switching then I have no idea.
From what i've gotten from reading all the "popcharger vs. stock posts", is that the stock air box flows more then enough for anything you throw at it. Except going turbo/supercharged. One of the major gains of the pop charger is the sound, but you sacrafice cold air because even with the heat shield, and esp around town, you suck in alot of under hood heat. I have an '03, so i got rid of my popcharger,and got an '06 airbox, because it has the velocity stack inside, and it wont suck in hot air like the popcharger does. Best of both worlds! Minus the growl. But i'm getting Kinetix V+, so i'll get the growl back!
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

Originally Posted by sofa king
you too?????????????????
arrrrrr, you beat me to it. I blew my motor last night b/c of my pop-charger...it could have been b/c i had the Gruppe-M scuppe on and it was just pushing so much air in the filter that it was like boosting, those darn VQ's can't handle the boost very well. I knew i should have just left the Gruppe-M filter box/sphere on there so that i could get a warranty replacement 4.2l stroker.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
watson22

Originally Posted by halfass872
From what i've gotten from reading all the "popcharger vs. stock posts", is that the stock air box flows more then enough for anything you throw at it. Except going turbo/supercharged. One of the major gains of the pop charger is the sound, but you sacrafice cold air because even with the heat shield, and esp around town, you suck in alot of under hood heat. I have an '03, so i got rid of my popcharger,and got an '06 airbox, because it has the velocity stack inside, and it wont suck in hot air like the popcharger does. Best of both worlds! Minus the growl. But i'm getting Kinetix V+, so i'll get the growl back!
thanks for the info. sounds like i'm better off with the stock air box.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:49 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

^^^^probably(performance for your dollar stock with a k&n is best for near stock), but the pop charger looks cool...and my Gruppe-M looks the coolest, even better than the ARC.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:58 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could provide a ton of jokes/funny pictures to this thread... but I'll go ahead and be serious for anyone who's very new to owning a Z.

The Popcharger is a great first add-on. It won't make your car any faster, but it will make it sound much louder under WOT. The only thing to check when installing one is to make sure that the clamp holding the filter on is tightened and secure, as it is NOT tight from the factory.

To anyone with more then like 25 posts here, this is probaly some really "DUH" info, but I have seen three people with popchargers (and even myself for awhile ) where the clamp was so loose that the filter would fall off.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No issues. Several thousand miles.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Theatrix
Professional

Originally Posted by Motormouth
ok, seriously you won't beleive this but the popcharger seriosuly caused engine trolls to shoot out of my exhaust. I know! you are saying 'trolls? WTF?" but they are harmless to YOUR car... but devastating to minivans travelling in close proximity. they are messy as well. they sell a fuel additive that cleans that problem right up. and doubles as a bacne medication.

and it is well known that a pop charger emits the same whistling sound as a 'deer whistle' < the whistle hunters use to attract deer, so do not drive your car through the forest or you might get attacked.

be safe my friend.
Motormouth's response is an appropriate one when you consider the question. I don't necessarily subscribe to the notion that "there are no stupid question" when you consider that one should think a little at least and ask ones self, "it’s an air intake mod, which is causing no restriction, so how in the hell could this adversely affect me"?

But trust me when I tell you, Motormouth, aside from his sometimes sarcastic demeanor, is a true asset to this community. The kid is well informed!
Old 03-16-2007, 05:30 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I have had a poopcharger on my 2006 Z since september 2006, which is about 7k miles ago, and I have no problems to report, other than all the dirty looks I get from other drivers because my car sounds better than theirs.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:51 AM
cwdub

what up, i guess you could say i have a dumb Q. what does WOT mean?
thanks
Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 AM
6SPD Z33

Wide Open Throttle..... go with the JWT PopCharger and Varis intake duct. That will get you your cold air back. I wouldn't say Motormouth is an asset to this community... oh wait.. yeah I would. He's helped me out a few times.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:14 PM
xNeo

The only problem I have is that I love the sound at WOT so I keep on flooring it... wait is that a problem? Get the pop-charger you'll love it, the sound alone makes it worth buying.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
gsazabi

Only problem that it'll give you is that you'll fill up your gas more
frequently because you'll be stepping on that right pedal to the floor to
hear the sweet Pop Charger sound

Quick Reply: Those of you who has JWT PoP Charger