Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Those of you who has JWT PoP Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 07:42 PM
TurboTrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought it for the sound. On my last three cars the intake made the cars really loud. I can't even hear it on the Z. When you get up to about 5k rpm's you can hear the engine get a little louder. My last cars it used to be really loud.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:01 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just installed this yesterday took about 30 Minutes only thing that was a pain was the 2 screws that go into the Heat Shield. The holes were already there in the scoop. Maybe the previous owner had a Pop Charger. HMMMM...

Well here are the results as I just did it. Yes you do get a nice lil whistle when cruising, but I have yet to hear the Deep tone that everyone says you get at WOT. Maybe it is to new? Maybe the oil thats ont he filter needs to clear up a bit? I def love the punch you get when flooring it but the car had that punch to begin with.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:24 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

This one REPLACES the stock MAF. LINK

Anyone know more about it ??
Old 05-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If it eliminates the MAF, why is the MAF still there?

Anything that has its own sensor included is just attempting to give an otherwise un-tuned engine a better "tune" to compensate for the new part.

IMO stick with something that works but doesn't change your car's tune. Then get REAL tuning, via reflash, utec, etc
Old 05-11-2007, 01:00 PM
whitenizmo

Anyone did a reflash after installed their popcharger for a 5AT?
Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 PM
bremboboy

how often do you have to clean/oil the popcharger?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:14 PM
gregtotheb

no complaints whatsoever.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Track

Originally Posted by RedBullRR
I just installed this yesterday took about 30 Minutes only thing that was a pain was the 2 screws that go into the Heat Shield. The holes were already there in the scoop. Maybe the previous owner had a Pop Charger. HMMMM...

Well here are the results as I just did it. Yes you do get a nice lil whistle when cruising, but I have yet to hear the Deep tone that everyone says you get at WOT. Maybe it is to new? Maybe the oil thats ont he filter needs to clear up a bit? I def love the punch you get when flooring it but the car had that punch to begin with.
I've never heard one, but I've spent the last few weeks reading every word written about them on this whole site.

From what I've learned, the deep "growling" sound associated with the Pop Charger takes a few days to develop. I know, I know... that is completely unscientific, but I've read that from several owners here. It may just be that their ears are becoming more "tuned" to the sound, or a small combination of both.

Let us know how it came out.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:31 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by whitenizmo
Anyone did a reflash after installed their popcharger for a 5AT?
I don't think anyone is willing to pay $500 for a reflash for one bolt-on. I probably will after I get my TP or HFC, exhaust, headers, spacers and MREV tho'. Get all the parts on first then reflash.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:35 PM
black06z

Originally Posted by RedBullRR

you should have someone constantly rev the engine up the rpms while you stand outside in the front of the car with the hood open, and then decide if its louder. My friend had a Z before and never got to hear one on, so, we met up a parking lot and we both switched places, and damn, its a lot louder with the popcharger. I even notice the sound being bounced off cars when I accelerate to pass them.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM
bremboboy

Old 05-23-2007, 06:17 PM
xtremez350

I got the Injen CAI....Love it! Its verrry loud and looks very nice under the hood. just gotta watch for the puddles since its like 4'' from the ground
Old 05-23-2007, 07:00 PM
diwun67

Originally Posted by xtremez350
I got the Injen CAI....Love it! Its verrry loud and looks very nice under the hood. just gotta watch for the puddles since its like 4'' from the ground
puddles aren't gonna do jack, only way you're gonna ruin your motor with a CAI is if you COMPLETELY submerge your filter in water. It's common sense, don't ya think??
Old 05-24-2007, 07:16 AM
clipso 01

great mod no problems besides using extra gas while romping on the throtle
Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by bremboboy
whenever it gets dirty.

5-20k miles
Old 05-24-2007, 08:15 PM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I took my popcharger off and put my stock '06 airbox back in a few weeks ago, for whatever reason. I just cleaned and re-oiled the popcharger filter and it goes back in tomorrow morning. I don't care about heatsoak, it sounds awesome.

And by the way, the heatsoak will be most noticeable when the car is not moving very much, i.e. when you are in a traffic jam. But so what if your power is robbed a bit while in a traffic jam? I don't need all 300 horses to move 10 feet at a time. Once you get moving again the engine bay temperature should decrease a bit and free up some more power.

Whatever....like I said, it sounds awesome. I don't need to win races. I need to have fun while driving, and having a car that sounds awesome is fun for me.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sry110
I took my popcharger off and put my stock '06 airbox back in a few weeks ago, for whatever reason. I just cleaned and re-oiled the popcharger filter and it goes back in tomorrow morning. I don't care about heatsoak, it sounds awesome.

And by the way, the heatsoak will be most noticeable when the car is not moving very much, i.e. when you are in a traffic jam. But so what if your power is robbed a bit while in a traffic jam? I don't need all 300 horses to move 10 feet at a time. Once you get moving again the engine bay temperature should decrease a bit and free up some more power.

Whatever....like I said, it sounds awesome. I don't need to win races. I need to have fun while driving, and having a car that sounds awesome is fun for me.
Agreed. On a side note, what did you use to re-oil the filter? K&N oil? What is the correct procedure for doing this?

Reason I'm asking is mine has been on for about 10k miles. I figured it wouldnt hurt to clean it sometime soon.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by sry110

Or, if you're waiting in line to drag race, mad heat soak...
Old 05-25-2007, 03:41 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Or, if you're waiting in line to drag race, mad heat soak...
Can't argue with that...

Originally Posted by camaro194
Agreed. On a side note, what did you use to re-oil the filter? K&N oil? What is the correct procedure for doing this?

Reason I'm asking is mine has been on for about 10k miles. I figured it wouldnt hurt to clean it sometime soon.
Yes I bought the K&N cleaning kit. I oiled it last night but even after the 20 minute period stated on the K&N instructions there was still a lot of residual oil that had not soaked in, so I let it sit overnight and plan to install it this morning. The K&N instructions say to apply the oil liberally, which I did, but then I read stories of people gunking up their MAF sensor because of too much fresh filter oil. Oh well, I'll find out. I also have some CRC MAF sensor cleaner just in case.

And it feels like a brand new toy because now my filter is red!

Quick Reply: Those of you who has JWT PoP Charger