Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

work done by VRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SinCity350Z
Thats BS! Flowmasters are only like $40.00 and if its used, thats even worse. I would be furious if I were you, and mrA if you are reading this and you can't clear all this up, then shame on you for thinking you could get away with something this stupid. I am all for backing up people who do good work and are honest, but I don't care if you are my grandmother, if you are screwing people then I will side against you.
and it is only from the Y pipe back. That is what gets me.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:30 PM
blueper4mancez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn little late to this but for couple more Gs you could get a single turbo setup lols . learn how to spend money on mods next time you do something to your car man . good luck .
Old 03-25-2007, 04:35 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribes for MrA rebuttal...this reaks of mudslinger marketing.

LOL at OP rounding to the nearest 1000 when I round to the nearest 10. I'm thinking we don't share tax brackets.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Abishop

Those are easy mods to install, im sorry you got took. Now if it was a twin turbo kit, id pay vrt to do mine.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:06 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Like I said, I don't know all the facts behind it because im not a mechanic. I would be happy to post some pics but I have no way of getting it up to take pics, and nor do I have a digital camera. USN HM, I live in El Cajon close to his shop. If we could meet up I would be happy to let you take pictures of everything and let me know what you think. Like I said before, im not a mechanic so I have tried not to draw up any conclusions myself without input from people who know what they are taking about.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:14 PM
masterj26

Hopefully you and USN HM can't get together to get pics and his opinion of the work. So we can get a resolution of this raping.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 PM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Zenophile
Subscribes for MrA rebuttal...this reaks of mudslinger marketing.

LOL at OP rounding to the nearest 1000 when I round to the nearest 10. I'm thinking we don't share tax brackets.
LOL!!! That was very funny
Old 03-25-2007, 08:49 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Well, fallenromeo, either way you cut it, the parts list and the work you described don't make a lot of since and certainly do not add up to $5,550. There must be some kind of a comunication problem between you two, cause there would have to be ALOT more work done by vrt to justify that bill.
As you say yourself, you are not very mechanically inclined.... Are you even sure of exactly what work you did get done, was there something else you are leaving out or forgot about? Maybe you got some adjustable camber arms, and some rear toe arms, and rear radious arms with your Stance coilovers, sway bars, headers, CAI, exhaust, full alignment, etc?? Maybe since you seem to have the exhaust type and kind right (I am aware of this exhaust you describe and have seen it there) What about the coilovers, are they the new double, or triple adjustable Stances?? If so they are pretty expensive compared to the regular single adjustable ones. Cause then that would start to make more sense, and then get at least closer to that $5,550 mark
I am sure Mr. A will explain your charges better to you and give you an itemized list of the parts, part prices, and labor charges if you ask him to. Have you tried talking to him on the phone or in an e-mail? I would hope he could, and would clear all this up for you and all the inquireing people on this board. Maybe you should have a qualified (or atleast someone who knows what they are looking at) check your car and your stuff out for you if you want a second opinion to make you feel better.

How do you like those Stance coilovers?? If that is what you got, they are prettty nice (even the standard ones)

Hope all gets resolved for you.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 03-25-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:00 PM
fallenromeo

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I am not sure exactly of the coilovers that I received, but it is doubtful I got the camber stuff you mentioned if I didn't ask for it. Just to clarify to everyone also, the headers and intake were already mine, I did not purchase them from the shop. The pop charger that was put on was not mine however, the shop could not find mine so they put on a JWT popcharger. But I am not sure about the suspension. Doubtful if I didn't ask for it but it is possible. I will send Mr A an email asking for an itemized breakdown tomorrow while I am at work.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:33 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by fallenromeo
I am not sure exactly of the coilovers that I received, but it is doubtful I got the camber stuff you mentioned if I didn't ask for it. Just to clarify to everyone also, the headers and intake were already mine, I did not purchase them from the shop. The pop charger that was put on was not mine however, the shop could not find mine so they put on a JWT popcharger. But I am not sure about the suspension. Doubtful if I didn't ask for it but it is possible. I will send Mr A an email asking for an itemized breakdown tomorrow while I am at work.
Ok, well its better to take this up with Michael A., cause this all doesn't make sense to me.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:03 PM
g-X

OMG damn..this is like deja vu. so glad i got my car back from MrA and not dealing w/ them anymore

I think he tries to make up charges as he goes. He tried to charge me $1500 for custom control arms to my coilovers. Well actually it was for 1 arm as one got bent and the other was still good.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:10 PM
NoLimit

hmm, ... from what I've 'heard', and only 'heard', ... charging for parts not installed and high pricing is nothing new with vrt.

I JUST HOPE that people Read and Head! I learned the hard way years ago, and I wish this on No one else!!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

that is sad i feel bad for u
Old 03-25-2007, 11:29 PM
rkd350z

you should've done more research on what you were planning to purchase and install..
oh well, I hope everything works out fine.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:08 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Like I said, I don't know all the facts behind it because im not a mechanic. I would be happy to post some pics but I have no way of getting it up to take pics, and nor do I have a digital camera. USN HM, I live in El Cajon close to his shop. If we could meet up I would be happy to let you take pictures of everything and let me know what you think. Like I said before, im not a mechanic so I have tried not to draw up any conclusions myself without input from people who know what they are taking about.
PMed you
Old 03-26-2007, 05:06 AM
captj3

Sorry to say but, how can you feel sorry for someone that doesn't know what he bought and paid for?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:23 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tax included?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:38 AM
NoahzBurnt

Damn dude for $2k more i would have sent you my TT kit already mounted to a motor....

No offense but that price seems way too high.....I had a custom true dual 3" built on my car from the turbos back and it cost only $2K. I would seriously call him and ask for a receipt....it's your right as a consumer....regardless of whether or not the transaction has been completed.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:26 AM
ShinobiR

Default Thats probably cause they lost their best...

Dude, sorry to hear that you got took. My friends down in El Cajon told me they found out that VRT was shady...but damn!! They had a really good mechanic Mark, but now he has left the place. Now I know how they are paying for thier rent. Please check out other places next time before dumping 6K. My buddy off the Nimitz goes to SFR. A guy named Tim runs the shop out there. I think its in Santee. I hope that everything works out for you. S#it, those prices would be an entire engine overhaul here in Japan, including parts.

There was nothing else done to my car. Originally they forgot the sway bars and putting on my intake, I had to bring it back to get that put on.

No I did not get a breakdown of the costs to itemize it all. I started feeding money towards the work a week after I bought the car and I was just so excited to get the work done that I didn't think about how much it actually costed.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 AM
mraturbo
Banned

I just got my headers, exhaust, intake, stances coil-overs, and sway bars put on by VRT. I had the headers and intake already, they installed. Bought the other parts through them. It cost me close to $6,000 to get the work done but my car handles better and is quicker.
Skyler (fallenromeo),

Please remember you bought a turbo kit from us back in the summer of 2006 and at the time you didn't have all of the funds to pay in full or pay the install fees but you wanted to hold the funds credited towards the parts.

We did.

We waited months. After that time, you decided to trade your credited funds towards the following parts because you were concerned with voiding your warranty and with CARB.

So then we renegotiated the following:

Coil Overs
Sways
Exhaust (3 inch exhaust with Flow tips)
JWT Intake
Headers
Tune

So, please remember, there was a return fee for refunding funds and applying towards other goods.

NOTE:
Skyler and I have talked on the phone and he simply forgot about these discussed fees and we are working out details to insure his happiness.

Thanks for all of your concerns.

M

Quick Reply: work done by VRT