Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

work done by VRT

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
ShinobiR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It was for Rent...

Well as I said check out some other shops in the area before you decide to get stuff added on your ride.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM
Navygolf13

Originally Posted by Lo$t
It IS a public forum. The OP made it known and was asking questions. This didn't get started out of nowhere. There aren't people hiring private investigators to catch VRT scamming or ripping people off.

WOW! You went from making a good point to being completely ridiculous.

To the OP: He's right, it's your bad.
To the people chiming in: "if you dont like the price then go somewhere else" (i think this was sort of the point of the OP bringing it to our attention.)
I dont quite follow, this but I think that this whole thing got blown waaaaay out of proportion. As the OP did not put everything out there to begin with. Just let it die guys so we can all move on. If you dont like VRT go somehwere else, I just hate seeing people bash him, and most have never spoken with him or had anything to do with him(MrA).

Anyways, Michael I will see you tomorrow....and to everyone else, I hope that I did not offend anyone, I just get tired of all this happening all the time....and not just with VRT, anyone should deal with their own issues internally, that is what I believe.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:41 PM
TimeAttkZ

The OP is obviously rediculous and should refrain from buying any parts until he has become more familiar with the car and charges entailed. Why on earth is this such a mess. When I go to my preffered shop, I simply discuss my plans and we come up with a detailed breakdown on price and install. Furthermore they tell me what is necc. and what is not. That is what creates a bonding relationship between us. TRUST. Sounds rediculous.. ? Well that is what you should be looking for next time you spend 6 grand on anything! Obviously the OP is mostley at fault for just not asking the right questions and making rediculous decisions like not going turbo after the kit was at his dispossal, even more so not having the funds to pay for it all once it was avaliable for him. He even paid for a "custom" exhaust .. and dosent know why he got it. What the advantages were going with this exhaust etc. I cant even begin to understand this exhaust choice .. im wondering how much of that 6k was for the exhaust. 3" for what is now an NA set-up ???

Then comes the question why would VRT sell something like this to a customer who obviously dosent know what hes looking for. It becomes very easy to convince someone to pay for charges when they come into the equation with no prior experiance or knowledge. Im sorry, but with an established company like VRT .. this should just not be happening. In there defense ... the OP is extremley choicy with the release of information regarding this topic. He forgot to mention that he ordered a turbo kit for his car and didnt have the funds to pay for it / changed his mind. Restocking fee's on a used turbo kit that VRT never owned ??? This is all just too confusing and out of control for us to understand at this point.

But it is good that it is coming to our attention because we are the consumers and we have a right to know about situations like this. Our decisions on where to spend our hard earned money must be shaped by information given out in the Z community. In no way should this be swept under the rug. I hope the OP learns his lesson .. this was a messy situation that he could have avoided. VRT .. I dont want to point fingers but HOPEFULLY its not what it looks like. No one customer is worth taking advantage of .. especially when it ruins and disregards all the good work VRT has done.

Last edited by TimeAttkZ; 03-26-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:55 PM
OCG35
Banned

Remember the kid game "telephone"... you line up a bunch of kids in a row, whisper something in the first ones ear then he/she whispers the same thing into the next kid's ear, and so on... by the time it reaches the last kid it ends up being nothing like what was originally said.

Imagine what the rumors on the street/dyno days/meets, etc. are going to be about this issue...
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
rythex

lol, the plot thickens.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:32 PM
masterj26

Some simple logic to me here. Not that it is my "business." Navy should have paid the balance that was creditied to him. He sold the kit, not VRT. I don't understand why the "potential" buyer of the kit would have to foot the credit that was given to Navy from VRT for getting the Greddy kit?
Old 03-26-2007, 07:45 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by masterj26
Some simple logic to me here. Not that it is my "business." Navy should have paid the balance that was credited to him. He sold the kit, not VRT. I don't understand why the "potential" buyer of the kit would have to foot the credit that was given to Navy from VRT for getting the Greddy kit?
FYI,

We have given customers credit for other kits including this one, and multiple Stillens to upgrade to other parts.

When we credit the parts, they are ours. No longer the customers.

It is the same as purchasing them. What is the difference between me giving you a $4000 credit on an invoice or buying that same item on ebay for $4000.

The end result is either I'm paying out of pocket or not receiving the funds.

At the end, Skyler bought the kit, didn't have all of the funds after months to install it, and at the end changed his mind.

We ultimately found a new buyer for the kit after Skyler had changed his mind and wanted the additional mods.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, yet at the same time we are dealing with Skyler, all of our customer invoices have it clearly written that there is a reprocessing fee if returned and NO RETURN ON CUSTOM goods.

We do alot of business with suppliers all over. Do you think when I buy something from Stillen (or another supplier), keep it set aside for 4 months, and want to return it they won't charge me a reprocessing fee or NOT RETURN IT AT ALL... Please. Analyze this for a minute.

It is amazing that most folks responding to this situation negatively are making assumptions yet didn't have all of the facts. We Appreciate the feedback once again and are determined to deal with Skyler to insure he is happy with his purchase and service. He is a great guy and we want him as a repeat customer.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 03-26-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Lo$t

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Thanks for the input. Much Appreciated.

M
heh sorry man. i didn't mean to offend you. I was basically making the point that navy was making good points at first and then just gave up and did more harm to your name than good. I have never had work done by you. I got a price quote from you once and thats all.

i have nothing negative to say about your business.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 PM
dozzer1b

I have pleanty of negative things 2 say about VRT!!!!!!!!!!! That guy BOB.....hes SCARED 2 c me on the track!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH 2 JWT!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
Old 03-26-2007, 08:01 PM
masterj26

Sorry I was going off what you had priorly said. I was going off of the facts of the moment for that time. That you, VRT, didn't sell the kit. I must have miss understood. Once again I am sorry.

Originally Posted by Navygolf13
The Greddy which he was going to buy was my old kit and Michael at VRT held the kit for him for six months or so while he was saving money and figuring out what he wanted to do. So, Michael actually never made any money on that kit which I sold to a guy in North Dakota.

We had the kit and he later found a buyer.
That sounded way different to me than

When we credit the parts, they are ours. No longer the customers.
We ultimately found a new buyer for the kit after Skyler had changed his mind and wanted the additional mods.

Last edited by masterj26; 03-26-2007 at 08:08 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Lo$t

Sorry I was going off what you had priorly said. I was going off of the facts of the moment for that time. That you, VRT, didn't sell the kit. I must have miss understood. Once again I am sorry.
^^^ This is why i was posting Mr A. i am curious just like this guy is.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:07 PM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont quite follow, this but I think that this whole thing got blown waaaaay out of proportion. As the OP did not put everything out there to begin with. Just let it die guys so we can all move on. If you dont like VRT go somehwere else, I just hate seeing people bash him, and most have never spoken with him or had anything to do with him(MrA).

Anyways, Michael I will see you tomorrow....and to everyone else, I hope that I did not offend anyone, I just get tired of all this happening all the time....and not just with VRT, anyone should deal with their own issues internally, that is what I believe.
I agree that problems such as this should not be posted on public forums for everyone to give their input and opinion about what they think is right or what should have been done, but Navygolf13 let me ask you this, would you be as concerned about this situation if you didnt have anything to do with it?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 PM
JisNis

WOW!!! You know you need to deal with this with Michael and you should ask for the thread to be closed cause this is ridiculous!! Everyone needs to get off whatever bandwagon they are on and make up their own mind!!!
You need to get off VRTs NUTZ!!!!! So a un-knowing customer gets screwed and its none of our business? Hell yeah it is!!! We all are consumers who are trying to save a dollar. We have every right to know about the horror stories involving shops. Threads like these help a consumer decide if he wants to or not do business with a certain vendor.

Why not show us an invoice with an itemized breakdown. What does VRT have to hide, right?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:25 PM
JisNis

Man, just trying to get people to mind their own business is pretty damn hard!!! Guys get over it and move on, the OPshould have dealt with this when he picked up his car, that is my point and whatever VRT charged is what they charged and he paid...bottom line.

If you dont like the price then go somewhere else! He paid and never said anything to Michael when he picked up the car so his bad!

Listen to yourself. VRT ripped him off and got away with it, so everyone keep going to VRT.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by dozzer1b
I have pleanty of negative things 2 say about VRT!!!!!!!!!!! That guy BOB.....hes SCARED 2 c me on the track!!!!!!!!!!! DEATH 2 JWT!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
True that....dozzer1b

You still are lame for not bring your black hot biiitch for me to tune for some more ponies.

LOL

Once again folks, thanks for the input....

Lo$t
masterj26
I think this whole thread is a lesson on getting all of the facts, Skyler got into this wanting to go FI, he waited a longtime before he had the funds, and in the end changed his mind out of concern for CARB and warranty. In the meantime he has a set-up he is happy with and just wanting feedback from this community.

We are dealing issue together so all is good.

NOTE:
We can only operate our business on satisfied customers. Although we can't make everyone happy all of the time, we certainly are trying our best and still be fair to our customer and our bottomline.

Peace.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 03-26-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:32 PM
Lo$t

Lo$t
masterj26
I think this whole thread is a lesson on getting all of the facts. We can only operate our business on satisfied customers. Although we can't make everyone happy all of the time, we certainly are trying our best and still be fair to our customer and our bottomline.

Peace.

M
I agree. This thread and every thread like this thread are always about getting all the facts straight. I also agree that this thread should have never been started, BUT the point i am trying to make here is that NOW that the thread is started, Why not clear everything up for us? It still seems all wishy washy. This whole thread is a lesson? Nobody has learned anything yet. We are all still trying to put it together. As far as me, I'm just chiming in because i'm really curious as to what the facts are. I live too far to go to your shop anyway.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:44 PM
masterj26

Lo$t
masterj26
I think this whole thread is a lesson on getting all of the facts. We can only operate our business on satisfied customers. Although we can't make everyone happy all of the time, we certainly are trying our best and still be fair to our customer and our bottomline.

Peace.

M
I wasn't going to reply but since this was directed at me, in your edit. I was trying to get the facts but they were misstated the first time by Navy and yourself as I pointed out in my last post. Either way as long as Romeo and you work it out, thats all the better
Old 03-27-2007, 01:10 AM
ShamrockG
Banned

God. Is it just me or does every post mrA writes sound like he is just trying to sweep all this under the rug and make it go away. I wonder if this is what it takes to get his attention, or to get him to call you back after you have problems or need something that doesn't end up making him any MORE money.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 AM
mraturbo
Banned

I wasn't going to reply but since this was directed at me, in your edit. I was trying to get the facts but they were misstated the first time by Navy and yourself as I pointed out in my last post. Either way as long as Romeo and you work it out, thats all the better
Thanks.

Skyler and I have resolve and sorry there was any confusion about the facts.

Originally Posted by Lo$t
I agree. This thread and every thread like this thread are always about getting all the facts straight. I also agree that this thread should have never been started, BUT the point i am trying to make here is that NOW that the thread is started, Why not clear everything up for us? It still seems all wishy washy. This whole thread is a lesson? Nobody has learned anything yet. We are all still trying to put it together. As far as me, I'm just chiming in because i'm really curious as to what the facts are. I live too far to go to your shop anyway.
I agree. Yet at the same time I will let Skyler conclude our resolution if he wishes. After all, he is the client, the OP, and at the end he has to be happy with his product and treatment. Thanks.

Have a great day.

M

Last edited by mraturbo; 03-27-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:44 AM
stu8319

I still want to know about the exhaust...

Quick Reply: work done by VRT