Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Injen intake- Already ordered: Short ram or cold air?Any Injen owners here??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:16 PM
ickysz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injen intake- Already ordered: Short ram or cold air?Any Injen owners here??

I've been doing some searching & found posts from people saying any cold air intake will make you lose power "throttle responce" etc... Just to use it as a short ram. All of these posts are racking my brain! "dyno proven injen cold air intake gains".. real or fake?! Man ****, where are the facts, people who have an Injen intake & have comments about them?? Please I need responces here, I only wanna install this thing once ..

I know there's 5 million posts on this board about CAI's, but seriously, it's all conflicting feedback.

Help is MUCH appreciated!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:11 AM
HondaKiller
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have injen intake that i convert to short ram and cold air once a year for the for summer time. I will say when the intake is short ram converted the engine is more responsive. It seems to be spunkier at 4000rpms. Not to mention the whistle and sound at WOT is much more impressive with the short ram. The downfall is i live in Florida, and i fear i suffer from heat soak during the heat of the summer. When the intake is converted in cold air i think the power band that is provided from the intake moves further up the tach to more 4500-4800 rpms. Either way you look at it, the gains are minimal but they do add up when you collect em. I have my intake is converted to the cold air now and i cant complain. The sound of it does decrease substaintly, but i know i'm not suffering from heat soak. Take into consideration getting the cold air converted without removing the bumper can be a tight situation and challenging. I remove the bottom flap and push the filter and curve tubing up through there and work from the hood latch entrance at the top of the engine compartment. If you bend the plastic turbing correctly with the plastic insert removed from your bumper you can squeeze the tubing down in there without removing the bumper. Challengine/PITA without a doubt, but worth it in my opinion. Sorry for the long response, good luck with things.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

I love the new Injen intakes, can't say enough about them. Best of both worlds SRI and CAI for the price of one.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270153
Old 06-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

First person to show me a *convincing* before and after dyno of a long tube CAI making power on the vq35de gets $10 paypal

I've seen a couple of dynos in person (not on the forums) where CAI lost power.... but never gains except for manufacturer's claim
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 AM
ickysz

See, people eather love them or hate them.... Frustrating as hell. "Oh there's dyno proven results" " I think there great" to "They make you lose power" .... freaking retarded
Old 06-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

......except I'm right, and anyone who says proven dyno gains can come get $10 if they want to prove me wrong
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist
Premier Member

I've seen AEMs loose power, I have not seen Injens loose power.

You pay for my dyno time and I'll do the labor.

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
First person to show me a *convincing* before and after dyno of a long tube CAI making power on the vq35de gets $10 paypal

I've seen a couple of dynos in person (not on the forums) where CAI lost power.... but never gains except for manufacturer's claim
Old 06-25-2007, 09:53 AM
xlucidx

im glad this post came along
im debating between fujita and injen
i think ill go injen because i can have short ram or CA

but i get a hat an duffel bag with the fujita lol
Old 06-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

nice manufacturer's dyno lol. I recall seeing something that looks like that for the kinetix SSV as well... which was dispelled by an independent dyno testing shootout session

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 06-25-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
I've seen AEMs loose power, I have not seen Injens loose power.

You pay for my dyno time and I'll do the labor.

Chris

I'm poor right now. It's not *that* worth it to me to try to prove that I'm right.

What is the fundamental difference between the injen and the AEM intake? MAF location? Pipe diameter? Bends? Filter location?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
xlucidx

i think im gonna go with the injen because its ram air or CA
there cant be to much difference with 2 short ram intakes an same filter design
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
BaTMan_4

Originally Posted by CarbonLTD
Manufacturer dyno's are bull.

ickysz: I had an Injen but always left it in SRi form. Loved it...looked purrrty and performed well. After researching the heat soak deal in another thread it was a member with experience form here said that once in 3rd gear the intake begins to actually start sucking in cold air from the outside...which is where it feels like the intake really starts doing it job when you go WOT. I sold it to buy the Stillen but i'm yet to buy it...im actually contemplating the idea of buying an Injen again
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 AM
xlucidx

could you wrap the intake in some of that heat wrap exhuast material or something to reduce heat soak
god i love these forums
i just figured out i could roll my windows down with the remote.....and ive had my car over a year
Old 06-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

nice manufacturer's dyno lol. I recall seeing something that looks like that for the kinetix SSV as well... which was dispelled by an independent dyno testing shootout session
until proven wrong, I'll stick with the manufacture dyno.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:39 AM
xlucidx

crap now im stuck i got a sweet price offer on the fujita, 205 shipped brand new
or the injen for 237 shipped hrmph....
Old 06-25-2007, 11:49 AM
BaTMan_4

Originally Posted by xlucidx
could you wrap the intake in some of that heat wrap exhuast material or something to reduce heat soak
god i love these forums
i just figured out i could roll my windows down with the remote.....and ive had my car over a year
the tube is not the heat soak problem...its the filter being next to the engine sucking in all the hot air at slow speeds

oh and Fujita Vs Injen....Injen ftw
Old 06-25-2007, 12:58 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist
Premier Member

I'm poor right now. It's not *that* worth it to me to try to prove that I'm right.

What is the fundamental difference between the injen and the AEM intake? MAF location? Pipe diameter? Bends? Filter location?
I am a little over extended this month as well. I would love to do a dyno at some point, just to see where I am at. Last time I did one I had a different exhaust and it was pre-iso thermo and mrev2.

The biggest diff between the AEM and Injen is where they pick the air up from. The injen sits just behind the grill in a high pressure area (something a dyno is not going to prove anyway). The AEM (Nismo) sits in the front fender in what appears to be free standing air. So although it is cold air, it does not have any pressure on it while in motion, something even the stock air box has. To give AEM credit, they do have a water bypass valve.

Chris
Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Why I like the NEW Injen MR intake over the fujitas...

" This unique design was specifically engineered with MR Technology (MegaRam), to provide maximum horsepower gains and take into consideration the air to fuel ratio's set by the Original Equipment Manufacturer. MR Technology is a sophisticated tuning process developed by Injen Technology; altering Cold Air Intake systems to be carefully tuned within Factory Safe limits. Through a series of engineered and tested air-restricted sections, the pressurized mass air is controlled to a calculated aggression, allowing for a proper air/fuel calibration. The end results allows for more reliable and consistent horsepower/torque gains. MR Technology is the World's First Tuned Intake System! Every SP system is certified by the California Air Resource Board or submitted with pending approval and backed by Injen Technology's limited lifetime warranty.

Unlike other intake systems on the market, Injen Power-Flow systems are tuned to deliver maximum power within "Factory Safe Limits." Based on the OEM air/fuel ratio, "Factory Safe Limits" refers to any air/fuel mixture that makes power without causing added engine wear or poor fuel efficiency. For example, a rich condition--or too much fuel in the air/fuel mixture--will cause a loss of power and performance and poor fuel economy. A lean condition--too little fuel--will cause added stress on the motor.

Injen Technology engineers use the OEM air/fuel ratio as a baseline and then tune the Power-Flow intake tube using Inline Calibration. Based on the volume of airflow allowed through the air filter, a combination of restrictions and bends is placed along the intake tube to control the airflow. As the intake is calibrated to increase horsepower and torque, the air/fuel ratio is monitored and kept within the "Factory Safe Limits." Through the combination of Inline Calibration and repeated testing--a process called MR Technology--Injen Technology is able to achieve sizeable power gains without affecting engine reliability, fuel economy, or the stability of the air/fuel mixture."
Old 06-25-2007, 08:01 PM
FastZ33

sellin my injen cai PM if interested

Quick Reply: Injen intake- Already ordered: Short ram or cold air?Any Injen owners here??