Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

BLITZ SUS Power Intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 11:42 PM
ray_7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation BLITZ SUS Power Intake

Just installed this today and boy, oh boy, it's gorgeous!!!

Will post pics tonight (Australian time).

I love the sound it makes when you get to higher revs, sorta like blow-off sound...
Old 05-23-2003, 07:12 AM
sschmuve

Cool! How much did it cost ya? And what are the hp gains? Can you feel the difference?
Old 05-23-2003, 01:19 PM
joeshow750

I love the sound it makes when you get to higher revs, sorta like blow-off sound...
So the intake sounds like a BOV? Please explain.
Old 05-23-2003, 04:12 PM
ray_7

The BLITZ + custom pipe cost me AU$390 (~US$450).

Dunno yet about HP gain, but I definitely feel a difference compared to before the installation.

Why I say it sound like a BOV is because when you carpet the accelerator, the intake sucks air, and thats when it sounds like a BOV (when you change gears). Only happens in 4000+rpm range.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:18 PM
ray_7

Default Pics Time!!!

Pic 1
Attached Thumbnails BLITZ SUS Power Intake-pict0113.jpg  
Old 05-23-2003, 05:19 PM
ray_7

Pic 2
Attached Thumbnails BLITZ SUS Power Intake-pict0114.jpg  
Old 05-23-2003, 05:20 PM
ray_7

Pic 3
Attached Thumbnails BLITZ SUS Power Intake-pict0115.jpg  
Old 05-23-2003, 08:51 PM
wu350Z

nice
Old 05-23-2003, 09:50 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Thumbs up

That does look VERY nice under there! Large air element and sweet stainless tubing. I too am interested in numbers??? What is the site you ordered from?
Old 05-23-2003, 11:25 PM
Zsilverstone13

Nice...it will be nicer if there is some kind of box or plate that block the engin heat. I saw this on http://www.i-m-racing.com, and it costs 228 dollars!! For that price, I think it should include the heat sheild/box.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:17 PM
franklinz

looks nice, but it still boggles my mind why people pay such high prices for intake piping!!
i paid 120 bucks for my foam "booby" hks filter, and about 15 bucks for some nice mandrel bent aluminum, works like a charm and i smile whenever asked how much i paid for a custom peice. of course its not a bright shiny object to look at, but hey it works.
franklinz

Last edited by franklinz; 05-24-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-24-2003, 11:01 PM
deeba

Originally posted by franklinz
looks nice, but it still boggles my mind why people pay such high prices for intake piping!!
i paid 120 bucks for my foam "booby" hks filter, and about 15 bucks for some nice mandrel bent aluminum, works like a charm and i smile whenever asked how much i paid for a custom peice. of course its not a bright shiny object to look at, but hey it works.
franklinz
where do you buy the mandrel bent aluminum? Also, i thought part of the intake replacement is having a material that doesnt retain heat. I believe aluminum would be a conductor of heat so i am not sure if that is as good as say AEM which uses a special material.
Old 05-26-2003, 01:44 AM
3kgto

Nice, Buddy!
Old 05-26-2003, 05:50 AM
Ricky
Banned

Glad you like it, but the BOV makes me think a little bit.

My intake doesn't do that, I have an Injen CAI. It usually makes that sound when you slam the gas really quick and release right away, for a split second? Correct? Reason I ask is because I've done that in my Z, and no special BOV sound, but in my friends M3 (95), if you do that, you actually see something in t he engine bay move as you depress the throttle, guessing it allows more air to come in, when he slams real quick, and lets go right away, he gets the BOV sound also.

My guess it's the AUST version of the Z. It has something different in it which allows the BOV sound to form. The intake probably just made it louder, but with stock intake set up, it would still be there, just not as loud. I can't see how an intake would create a BOV sound ...
Old 05-26-2003, 09:09 AM
joeshow750

Why I say it sound like a BOV is because when you carpet the accelerator, the intake sucks air, and thats when it sounds like a BOV (when you change gears).
I think I understand this sentence, but I'm not sure. Does the intake sound like a BOV when the intake is sucking air or when you're changing gears?
Old 05-26-2003, 09:09 AM
koba8

Ricky, I imagine if the Injen was used in a short ram setup as the Blitz or the AEM short ram then you could get this sound in cars across all markets. In your friend's M3 I bet the intake was setup in the engine bay, correct? Many of the Bimmer aftermarket intakes are set up this way, Dinan being the most noticeable that isn't (Dinan's also snakes down to the bumper like the Injen). My ECIS intake for my M Roadster achieved a similar sound when slamming on the throttle - if you do this with the hood up, you can see the filter unit kind of twitch and then suck in tight as it tries to get the most amount of air it can. I would be very surprised if there actually was something so different in the Aust. market of the car that this BOV sound would only happen there. Also, the difference between the stock box and something like the Blitz is, for one thing, the intake's conial shape, which might have something to do with it, but also the stock box doesn't seem to be able to move very much, whereas ever cone filter short ram setup I've ever seen seems to have some lateral leeway.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:37 PM
ray_7

Originally posted by joeshow750
I think I understand this sentence, but I'm not sure. Does the intake sound like a BOV when the intake is sucking air or when you're changing gears?
When it's sucking air, and lots of it.
Old 05-26-2003, 04:52 PM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by koba8
Ricky, I imagine if the Injen was used in a short ram setup as the Blitz or the AEM short ram then you could get this sound in cars across all markets. In your friend's M3 I bet the intake was setup in the engine bay, correct? Many of the Bimmer aftermarket intakes are set up this way, Dinan being the most noticeable that isn't (Dinan's also snakes down to the bumper like the Injen). My ECIS intake for my M Roadster achieved a similar sound when slamming on the throttle - if you do this with the hood up, you can see the filter unit kind of twitch and then suck in tight as it tries to get the most amount of air it can. I would be very surprised if there actually was something so different in the Aust. market of the car that this BOV sound would only happen there. Also, the difference between the stock box and something like the Blitz is, for one thing, the intake's conial shape, which might have something to do with it, but also the stock box doesn't seem to be able to move very much, whereas ever cone filter short ram setup I've ever seen seems to have some lateral leeway.
So you are basically saying the BOV sound comes from the short-ram intakes? You are right about my friend's M3, it was a short ram intake. The reason I suggested that the Aust Z might have something different is because in the M3 I noticed when he pressed the throttle, something on his engine moved, seemed like a valve which opened to allow the suction of air. On the Z, it doesn't have that.. so that's why I concluded maybe the Aust Z has that vavle, or whatever it is, which allows for the sudden suction of air. If I'm wrong, I don't see why a full CAI wouldn't make that sound, but a short ram would. The only difference is the extra silicon (some have metal) piping, but the BOV sound would be coming from the filter itself, so there should still be a BOV sound from a full CAI, right?
Old 05-26-2003, 08:50 PM
harryw

Ray, where did you get the kit from, how was it to install and does it affect the warranty from Nissan. I've never owned a Nissan before (only Holdens (HSV's) and Fords) so I'm not sure how they work.

thanks in advance

H
Old 05-27-2003, 12:40 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by Ricky
but the BOV sound would be coming from the filter itself, so there should still be a BOV sound from a full CAI, right?
I have an AEM and I get quite a whistle from the intake when I hit the throttle anytime.

I've had 2 guys ask me so far how much boost i'm running.

Quick Reply: BLITZ SUS Power Intake