Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Installed - Topspeed Pro N1

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 05:49 AM
incomming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Installed - Topspeed Pro N1

ahh, ok don't flame me- i didn't do pic's during install and i didn't take pics yet installed..

but i wanted to say, for my first time installing an exhaust and ever modding a car, and at 18 years old, I'm happy to announce that it only took me 5 hours and the extreme abuse of my hands (lots of cuts and bruises) to swap out the old y-pipe and back and install the new stuff.

EXTREMELY enjoyable, even if no one ever announced how sharp the gaskets between the pipes are lol.

5 hours of work later, I have an incredibly aggressive sounding exhaust on.. so loud and aggressive the father thinks that I'll probably be wanting to uninstall it after the third ticket.

only one question-- did anyone else have alot of trouble getting the silencers out of the exaust? i decided to just take them out and not even try them with it, and it was a hard as hell to get them out- we ended up taking a bent copper pipe to fishhook them out of the tip.

anyhow, end report- the car weighs a whole lot less, it looks a whole lot nicer, and the sound is definitely loud, but I find the agressive note to be awsome!@!@!@!@!

pic's to come, hopefully!

-Colton
Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 AM
HKS-Z
Backroad Pro

sweet.i like the sound from the topspeed too,i just really wanted true dual.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:32 PM
blkG3hirty5ive

good to know it wasn't hard to install, i'm 18 too and am looking for the same exhaust and plan to install it myself too
Old 11-05-2007, 04:05 PM
JS04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man. Welcome to the Pro-1 family. Now just install a y-pipe and test pipe and really let the beast out!
Old 11-05-2007, 04:08 PM
diwun67

Congrats, now we need pics!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:08 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what i've noticed is everyone gets tired of this exhaust after awhile. It just gets plain annoying. Everything rattles and resonates in the car. It's the last thing you want to hear after a hard day of work.

Congrats on your exhaust.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
wayneside

awesome! i have been using Topspeed for the past two years and love it! i like their products so much i started selling them and most of my friends and their friends either just pick up a Topspeed exhaust or switch to one...

and to answer your question about the silencers...i have probably done about two dozen cars with this exhaust and less than a third have had a little difficulty taking the silencers off. what do you have planned next?
Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 AM
SergEK

Here are a few pics of my friends Topspeed exhaust (I think its Top Speed) Sounds good and looks good.....I took these pics like 2 years ago maybe longer lol
Attached Thumbnails Installed - Topspeed Pro  N1-350exhaust1.jpg   Installed - Topspeed Pro  N1-350rear1online.jpg  

Last edited by SergEK; 11-07-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 AM
sleeper400

i have a g35 coupe and i LOVED this exhaust but as time went on and so did my advil pill poppin started from all the drone i had to get rid of it. im 18 as well and have gone through 3 exhausts (topspeed, hks, and now magnaflow, tp's and hfc are a breeze to install, and i even spent the day with a buddy of mine putting headers of my g and his z (it took us nearly 15 hours to do btw but we got it done). how do you guys live with all that drone?!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:18 AM
ni$mo350

Congrats!!! My bro picked up this exhaust not too long ago. I think it sounds really good but deffinitely couldn't handle the drone... Also it looks like uncircumsized dongs... just doesn't look right IMHO. Good thing you didn't pick up a Greddy EVOII I'm stuck trying to put my stock exhaust back on and relocating the Evap back to stock. I think hfc's or tp's are overkill on a topspeed but to each his own. NOW GET SOME PICS AND VID'S UP!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Velocity350Z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I want to see some pix and videos as well!! I am still interested in the top speed! Won't the loud noise/vibration cause everything in the car to get loose? After a while would everything just start to shake even if you change to a little quiet exhaust? Anyone has this exhaust for a long period on time fill us in on the rattle noises in the car!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:24 AM
JS04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sure everything starts to rattle. But you get used to it. I've had this exhaust for about a year and a half and love it. I have it with their test pipes, and y-pipe. I've been running it like that for about 9 months. Puts a big smile on my face everytime I drive my car.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:01 PM
mzdfc3s

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
what i've noticed is everyone gets tired of this exhaust after awhile. It just gets plain annoying. Everything rattles and resonates in the car. It's the last thing you want to hear after a hard day of work.

Congrats on your exhaust.

he'll be years away from this, lol