Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Do NOT get the Intense Y-Pipe !

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 09:40 PM
godmans

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
the bottom line is that you have bought 2 sub-par y-pipes for $200, that you are likely to trash, when you could have bought a proven and widely available y pipe like the tanabe for $300+--

I assume you have learned a lesson, that you get what you pay for (for the most part)--It's often cheaper to do it right the fist time, and if you can't afford it; to save and then do right.

A vendor will try to sell you something in stock--its basic business--I wouldn't take it personally--what did you really expect for that price?

When you have an Amuse exhaust, all the generic crap y-pipes are going to look even worst.

It's like pairing a gourmet filet with a side of MCdonald's fries and a Natural Ice beer--what do u really expect?

Go and get a proven and decent y-pipe==it doesn't have to be "exotic" +1 on the Tanabe--that is what I will be using.
+1 on Tanable or JIC =)
Old 11-20-2007 | 09:43 PM
jimmyloose

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Isn't just a rebrand of the Megan, Ebay, made in China generic midpipe?
Same looking part.

I've got one sitting in my garage. I don't know what I'm going to do with it except use it for scrap
Old 11-20-2007 | 09:52 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
Isn't just a rebrand of the Megan, Ebay, made in China generic midpipe?
No. Quick already stated this. Top Speed makes it.
Old 11-20-2007 | 10:17 PM
bbs350z

i hear mixed reviews on topspeed products, its either hit or miss with them
Old 11-20-2007 | 10:54 PM
Tac-M

UPDATE. The pipe is about 1" short, instead of 2-3 like I have stated in the beginning. Also, it looks like it is slightly pulling toward the driver side and up, thus making my resonator rub. It is of the car and the stock pipe is going back in. I will post the rear bumper pix with that installed tomorrow.
Old 11-20-2007 | 10:56 PM
bboypuertoroc

Damn... one inch is still a huge difference.
Old 11-20-2007 | 11:20 PM
Tac-M

also, looked at the box some more and found one print that was cut out and a stamp that i have no idea what it means. once again, the way that the box looked and the way the pipe was packaged was identical to the Chinese pipe i got from e-bay.
Attached Thumbnails Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-box-cut.jpg   Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-box-print.jpg  
Old 11-21-2007 | 06:13 AM
jdemos

I have labree resonated test pipes mated with the y. Fit just fine.
Old 11-21-2007 | 06:35 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Tac-M
also, looked at the box some more and found one print that was cut out and a stamp that i have no idea what it means. once again, the way that the box looked and the way the pipe was packaged was identical to the Chinese pipe i got from e-bay.

your post started loosing intelligence as they went along...and you sure are not going to be able to get this resolved nicely with your attitude.
IS your exhaust brand name or a knock off??..it doesnt looke like but.....seriously you need to look at how you are installing it... and start from the Ypipe first then the exhaust...
All the problems YOU have are TOTALLY weird...

*I have seen this y pipes being sold in huge numbers and from my understanding about 1-30 have a problem on the flex point, never heard of them being short.
I personally have installed it for 3 of my friends and no issues(but i know someone had a problem)...and 2 had cheap knock off exhausts (RS*R replica, mysterious ERZ nismo replica, and Agency power)

*MANY companies ...even if they have the JDM badge their parts really are CDM or TDM. Peeps just think because a "Japanese" manufacturer has their label on it that it's made in Japan.

*People are just telling you here that you jumped the gun by posting this without contacting the seller, you say that you have been a member of the site for a while now, so you should have known better, instead of acting liek a n00b...and honestly you statement that they told you its better than JIC is BS...because A the JIC part is no back ordered and they are not going to make that much more regardless of which one they sold you. I can see them telling you that the exhaust is good and makes decent gains, but no way will they will you its better than JIC . Maybe you had your "this is expensive" comments when you talked to them and they tried to save you with an product that ..even if you would have had that problem with the flex point, it comes with full warranty and you would have gotten a replacement right away before you even shipped the defective one back and covered the shipping costs too ( i know because this happened to a friend in NY)or get full credit of what you payed toward another Y pipe....

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-21-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 06:45 AM
VO...
Administrator

VO(subscribing)
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:42 AM
Tac-M

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

your post started loosing intelligence as they went along...and you sure are not going to be able to get this resolved nicely with your attitude.
IS your exhaust brand name or a knock off??..it doesnt looke like but.....seriously you need to look at how you are installing it... and start from the Ypipe first then the exhaust...
All the problems YOU have are TOTALLY weird...

*I have seen this y pipes being sold in huge numbers and from my understanding about 1-30 have a problem on the flex point, never heard of them being short.
I personally have installed it for 3 of my friends and no issues(but i know someone had a problem)...and 2 had cheap knock off exhausts (RS*R replica, mysterious ERZ nismo replica, and Agency power)

*MANY companies ...even if they have the JDM badge their parts really are CDM or TDM. Peeps just think because a "Japanese" manufacturer has their label on it that it's made in Japan.

*People are just telling you here that you jumped the gun by posting this without contacting the seller, you say that you have been a member of the site for a while now, so you should have known better, instead of acting liek a n00b...and honestly you statement that they told you its better than JIC is BS...because A the JIC part is no back ordered and they are not going to make that much more regardless of which one they sold you. I can see them telling you that the exhaust is good and makes decent gains, but no way will they will you its better than JIC . Maybe you had your "this is expensive" comments when you talked to them and they tried to save you with an product that ..even if you would have had that problem with the flex point, it comes with full warranty and you would have gotten a replacement right away before you even shipped the defective one back and covered the shipping costs too ( i know because this happened to a friend in NY)or get full credit of what you payed toward another Y pipe....

I wish you could come by and help me install this. So you could see how f-ed this is. it realy sounds that you are on payroll or just get points from IM.

you can call everything I say bs but it won't matter since everyone alse here are just looking at facts.

1. pipe is made by a butcher
2. it has no reinforcements at the collector. so it will crack.
3. it is 1" short.

and as far as resolving this, I will siply order a tanabe or a jic unit from diferent vendor and call it a day.

so go ahed and post some more stuff for IM, since you are so inteligeng to not see a problem here.

I will just have to ignore your commens about a fake amuse or that Pete tried to save me some money and I went for it.

Last edited by Tac-M; 11-21-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 07:58 AM
IIQuickSilverII

everybody here told you.. for the price range the welds are as good as you can expect. On your Fact #1 You fail to realize how many manufacturers really have their parts made in China or Taiwan also... you are not experiencing problems with the collector or the flex point so you point #2 doesnt apply to you
you #3 comments is news honestly and you made no attemps to get this resolved before posting this. ANd now you are acting like "oh i got screwed" lol, the reason why they are considered the best vendor here is becuase of how they take care of the customer, and if something happened they would rectify it asap(which you failed to try to do). You yourself made your whole experience worst with your recent posts.
If you were close honestly i wouldnt mind helping you out.

I am not on their payroll, not do i get points, if i recommend them is because of how much i trust them and the level of customer service they have provided to everybody i sent and the community here can verify to that here 2. I pay for my stuff myself just like everybody else buddy...no big daddy, no sponsor giving me free parts or anything.

IF you search you will see all INtense threads are still there, some got closed but non are deleated or anything, they are not aam

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-21-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:07 AM
Tac-M

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
If you were close honestly i wouldnt mind helping you out.

and same here... but you are just slaming my posts for no reason. i did not slam IM, i am slaming this product and the way i got it. i have NO reason to BS about this.
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:10 AM
IIQuickSilverII

and same here... but you are just slaming my posts for no reason. i did not slam IM, i am slaming this product and the way i got it. i have NO reason to BS about this.
if you look from the beginning as everybody else told you... when you want to flame on a product or something as you did... you should make an attempt to contact the seller first..if that doesn't resolve your issues then you should post this... as they told you... you should know who n00bs are here and they could mis interpet things
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:15 AM
Tac-M

I don't think so... I think NOOBS should read this and NOT order this product.

This is a point to have a forum, so people like me can post reviews of the products.

i.e. last thing that I got ( amuse r1) got a very good feedback from me.

It has nothing to do with IM, if this pipe had HKS on it I would post a “ do not buy an HKS y-pipe “
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:18 AM
JisNis

Why is it that a "TOP Vendor" such as Intense would even put their name to a Y Pipe or anything for that matter that is not TOP notch? Why would they recommend it and compare it to JIC's? This is what the OP is trying to get across. But in the end you pay for what you get.

Next time dont buy anything that Intense puts its name on. Its probably going to be quantity over quality.
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:19 AM
gNaRKiLL

I have one of these sitting in my room, not installed. Mine was identical looking to yours with the welds a little rough inside. I too think this is just an overpriced ebay pipe but I took into account that if I have any problems later with it they'll replace it for free and so that makes it worth it to me.

Your post is out of line, you didnt even attempt to contact them about this before you posted on here. You have already done the damage now and if I were them i'd say go f yourself for not giving them a chance to fix the problem first.
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:20 AM
Tac-M

Originally Posted by JisNis
Why is it that a "TOP Vendor" such as Intense would even put their name to a Y Pipe or anything for that matter that is not TOP notch? Why would they recommend it and compare it to JIC's? This is what the OP is trying to get across. But in the end you pay for what you get.

Next time dont buy anything that Intense puts its name on. Its probably going to be quantity over quality.

hot dog ! thank you ! 1 not IM-inezed dude from AZ
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:24 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by JisNis
please be more out of line...

hot dog ! thank you ! 1 not IM-inezed dude from AZ

nah ..that d00d just hates cause of the sports thread... and darren being a suns fan and him being a lakers fan and they went at each other last season...
He should keep his discomfort in that thread.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-21-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 08:26 AM
CEO350Z
That's bad juju
Premier Member

Tac-M, no one is defending IM and bashing you, what we're saying is that you should try to contact darren first and try to solve this situation between the two of you first. posting it publicly is the last resort. also, many manufacturers get their parts from overseas.....ie stoptech. they are designed in the states, but manufactured in china or taiwan. of course their quality control won't be as tight as it is in the states and that's why there's a return policy / man. warranty.

if darren or anyone else at IM refused service, which i highly doubt, then you have every right to be upset. you received an inferior product, but if you didn't try to contact IM, then you're SOL.

Quick Reply: Do NOT get the Intense Y-Pipe !