Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Do NOT get the Intense Y-Pipe !

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007 | 10:35 AM
JisNis

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
and i told you you were incorrect on the shipping charges assumption...i had posted before laready that thats what they would usually do...and that Sunset DECIDED to upgrade...had he asked for a refund he would have had no problem.
Do you feel the op did not "rushed" with his thread? i mean he didnt wait at all
Not at all. How is he rushing by posting pics of a product he feels is bad? Should he keep it a big secret?
Old 11-21-2007 | 10:37 AM
Tac-M

^ that is what have been told , page after page after page....
Old 11-21-2007 | 10:41 AM
Tac-M

HA HA !!! 2 copies of CRYSIS just showed up and my house !

now i am officially done with this.

take it or leave it, but IM branded y-pipe is crap.
Old 11-21-2007 | 10:41 AM
JisNis

They are telling u to do this:

Keep the whole thing a secret, then approach Intense, then if they dont do anything, then u threaten them with a thread like this.

Tac is telling it like it is. He came straight out and doesnt even care for a refund or exhange. He has no agenda behind this thread but to make it clear that the IM y pipe SUXORS. Pics say a thousand words. I hope there are more people like this. It only helps the community in the long run.
Old 11-21-2007 | 10:49 AM
undrgnd

Tac-M,

It is a fact of life that bad things can happen to good people, and sometimes bad products can come out of a good line. It is up to the customer to bring it to the vendor's attention and get things resolved, and if all else fails, take it to a public forum. I don't buy your explanation that you wanted to start this thread to warn all noobs - you simply fukced up. Live and learn.

Secondly, if you could search this forum for "you get what you pay for", you would get a million hits. THAT you should have already known. Numerous members responded to you in another thread not to bother with the cheap stuff and get you a decent Y-pipe for the Amuse. Well, there you go.

I am not a fan of ANY vendor here, nor do I hate any of them. And I have seen above average customer service from almost everyone. Now admit you were wrong, apologize, and stop digging that hole any deeper.
Old 11-21-2007 | 10:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by JisNis
+10000000000000000000

lol yah..everybody should always suggest the most expensive product right away....and overkill the setups... thats not the case... the OP wanted something right away he got suggestions replacement that was in stock and he went for it, he got told he would have no problem and if any they stand 100% behind it, he wasn't told that it would perform like JIC, just that he would have no issues and HIS PROBLEM with the fitment has nothing to do with the only known problem after 100s of this sold which is on the flex point...(whats not to understand so far?) ... he had absolutely ZERO patience to say,
hey Darren, product wasn't what i expected, can i return it, or can i get something else...
all in the spam on 12 hours and probably get something to him by friday....but...
he didn't choose to, he decided to go the hard route.

Nobody is asking him to KEEP THIS A SECRET but rather his jumping the gun on this thread....
DID SUNSET keep this a SECRET?...NO
did OTHERS keep it a secret? NO
did others have a BAD experience with intense as a result of this? NO...

They all got taken care of to make sure they are happy...and to this point as Darren has said, this is the first item they see a problem with FITMENT! and as soon as he possibly could is trying to make sure the customer gets taken care off(although he is overreacting now with stubrun-ness, i dont want a refund, even though they try to help him )
All people will say is for the price range its a good option for people on a budget...without being of the quality of JIC...its like 5% of the pipes that do have problems with the flex points and you are one of them, they will take care of you... how is deal so bad?

quit tryign to present this whole deal like if he got scammed or something...

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-21-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:04 AM
JisNis

^^^

Bro u need to read his first post again.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:04 AM
undrgnd

Tac-M,

No matter what happens here, if you are serious about helping out the community, how about a picture of that gem stacked on top of the OEM Y-pipe proving that it's also shorter. Those welds are NOT unusual for a cheap product. However, really bad fitment may help somewhat. Right now, you don't have much pulling for you.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:09 AM
JisNis

Nobody is asking him to KEEP THIS A SECRET but rather his jumping the gun on this thread....
DID SUNSET keep this a SECRET?...NO
did OTHERS keep it a secret? NO

and to this point as Darren has said, this is the first item they see a problem with FITMENT!
Kinda funny, that this is the first time IM has heard of this. Cause u just said this was no secret and they've taken care of other people who wasnt satisified with the Y pipe? So which is it? So by Tac coming out with this thread it has brought awareness to IM, correct? So this thread did what it was supposed to. INFORM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:12 AM
undrgnd

Kinda funny, that this is the first time IM has heard of this. Cause u just said this was no secret and they've taken care of other people who wasnt satisified with the Y pipe? So which is it? So by Tac coming out with this thread it has brought awareness to IM, correct? So this thread did what it was supposed to. INFORM.
No, all this thread has proven is that he has bad judgment. He has yet to prove anything else, including that it's shorter, or that the welds are inconsistent with this price range pipe.
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:29 AM
jonnylaw

ya this thread has informed the community how NOT to buy a y pipe for an amuse exhaust and how NOT to deal with a questionably defective product (still waiting for proof). This thread has also informed everyone how impatient Tac really is...
Old 11-21-2007 | 11:59 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Kinda funny, that this is the first time IM has heard of this. Cause u just said this was no secret and they've taken care of other people who wasnt satisified with the Y pipe? So which is it?
Jim...

you need to read again... i CLEARLY SAID ITS NO SECRET THAT THEY HAVE EXPERIENCE ON ABOUT 1 OUT oF 30 HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE FLEX POINT ON THE YPIPE.....so that means 97% of the units have no ISSUES.... NOTHING EVER RELATED TO THE ACTUALLY FITMENT :ICON32:

To have a fitment issue then all the unit would have to have this same problem...whcih is NOT the case...not saying its impossible...but its TOTALLY new otherwise, and strange that it would happen to only 1 unit...

Your attitude isn't helping at all...(i don't understand what your real problem is)...and its making the OP stuburn....All that we are tying to tell him is that his judgment was incorrect in not being having the patience(not even 12 hours) to deal with his concern with the seller.

------
I am sorry the OP is experiencing problems, but...kindly...we all just trying to tell him he didnt handle this the correct way....The end result should have been something like this:
Originally Posted by SunsetSunrise
I bought the same intense Y pipe...
I did experience some problems with he flex points but never a fitment issue.
I called Darren and told him about the issue.
Without any excuses the offered me a replacement or a chance to purchase a better Y pipe.
I went with the Stillen Y pipe.
There were no additional shipping charges.
All I had to pay is the price difference.
So far I always had a positive experience with Intense...
I sure would buy from again

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-21-2007 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 12:40 PM
JisNis

If Sunset would had posted a thread like this then, Tac would have never bought the Y pipe.

Over and done. Thread was informative. I now know never to buy an IM y pipe. LOL
Old 11-21-2007 | 12:45 PM
Tac-M

the shots of im vs. stock.

it is very difficult to have and accurate reading without having the installed with the right amount of tension applied.

but even without that there are significant size differences clearly visible here.

a little later i will do e-pipe vs. im-pipe shots….
Attached Thumbnails Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1212.jpg   Do NOT get the  Intense Y-Pipe !-img_1215.jpg  
Old 11-21-2007 | 12:47 PM
Tac-M

If Sunset would had posted a thread like this then, Tac would have never bought the Y pipe.

Over and done. Thread was informative. I now know never to buy an IM y pipe. LOL
^ what he said.
Old 11-21-2007 | 12:56 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by jisnis
If Sunset would had posted a thread like this then, Tac would have never bought the Y pipe
he posted his info...not a thread by itself..and the OP mentioend he found other threads...so where is the secret...
You need to get over it... and your "agenda" because of what happened to you a long time ago

Originally Posted by Tac-M
^ what he said.
Originally Posted by SunsetSunrise
I bought the same intense Y pipe...
I did experience some problems with he flex points but never a fitment issue.
I called Darren and told him about the issue.
Without any excuses the offered me a replacement or a chance to purchase a better Y pipe.
I went with the Stillen Y pipe.
There were no additional shipping charges.
All I had to pay is the price difference.
So far I always had a positive experience with Intense...
I sure would buy from again
thats like comparing stock headers vs aftermarket headers, length width size its all different... but it fits good...
Something else seems to be up, again... don't be stubborn, what we saying is you jumped the gun thats it... but try to get your situation resolved amicably...Darren already offered you a solution as soon as he could..same one he would have offered you otherwise...

Jisnis is just putting more fire into the whole deal for no particular reason other than he had a completely unrelated experience and really needs o drop his attitude...

You seemed like a reasonable person and you say about respecting the seller but you didn't because of your impatience into posting this as if you were being cheated when its not the case. I hope you get your problems resolved soon

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-21-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-21-2007 | 12:58 PM
Jarred@Z1
Sponsor
Z1 Motorsports

well how many of you who bought IM y pipes have experenced the fitment issue?
Old 11-21-2007 | 01:06 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Jarred@Z1
well how many of you who bought IM y pipes have experenced the fitment issue?
none

1st time
Old 11-21-2007 | 01:15 PM
JisNis

he posted his info...not a thread by itself..and the OP mentioend he found other threads...so where is the secret...
You need to get over it... and your "agenda" because of what happened to you a long time ago

LOL . What agenda would that be?
Old 11-21-2007 | 01:17 PM
undrgnd

it is very difficult to have and accurate reading without having the installed with the right amount of tension applied.

but even without that there are significant size differences clearly visible here.

a little later i will do e-pipe vs. im-pipe shots….
I will accept your statement that the Y-pipes are not under tension sitting on the ground. However, BOTH are not under tension. What I see is that the WORSE it's off by is the thickness of the flange, which is about 3/8".

EDIT: I have to ask, what's wrong with the OEM pipe? Is that off of a 2007? It actually looks pretty good. My revup Y-pipe looks much more square than that one. If mine looked like that, I probably wouldn't swap it out.

Last edited by undrgnd; 11-21-2007 at 01:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Do NOT get the Intense Y-Pipe !