Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently
View Poll Results: Borla Vs. Injen, which should I get?
Borla baby!
65.20%
Injen all the way.
18.63%
Wait for more options such as Greddy Evo
16.18%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Injen Vs. Borla

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 01:46 PM
importriders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by xZlr8
Interesting...so they added that heavy muffler just for looks?? That's crazy to add weight to an exhaust system just to make it look stock. And also if the pipes bend at two 90 degree angles as they would have to in order to come in the right and exit the left and vice versa that's a lot of bends; seems like that would be a little restrictive....jeeze. I'm not bashing the borla, i just think the Injen is more performance oriented. Max HP was what i was looking for in a system. The angled tips are just a bonus for me because i like for my car to stand out.
Its a muffler and does what a muffler is designed to do. Could you imagine how loud the exhaust would be with just two silencers and thats it?!?!? Anyways, a straight through exhaust isnt necessarily gonna give you the most power. Anyone will tell you that. Look at the Tanabe, its a straight through exhaust and it looses power. The Injen is a good exhaust and I know it makes power(seen it first hand), but if your gonna critique the Borla at least get your facts straight.

Last edited by importriders; 06-27-2003 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2003, 02:22 PM
roberto350z

i dont get it. I thought the general consensus was that without an ECU the cars computer would scale back the gains. Yet, these exhausts still continue to be sold. Am I totally wrong.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:22 AM
jckolnturn

Are these exhausts giving HP increases throughout the rev band or just at the peak? I drive on the street in the real world and i don't want to lose any midrange power.
Old 06-28-2003, 07:07 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Injen dual gained hp throughout the entire band- most at high- but a gain at low and mid- do a search for my dyno's.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:55 PM
ZON

Originally posted by failsaf3
My Injen dual gained hp throughout the entire band- most at high- but a gain at low and mid- do a search for my dyno's.
Same with my borla dyno. Borla and Injen are probably about the same in performance. And they are both good for that.
Old 07-04-2003, 02:05 PM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

how much does the injen true dual cost?
Old 07-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Coz@CZP
Sponsor
Concept Z Performance

Originally posted by hopupracing
We have both injen and borla dual's on sale.

Borla True Dual - $659 (includes free shipping anywhere in US)

Injen - $699 (Shipping is not included)

www.hopupracing.com
Please Remove our Borla True Dual Exhaust Picture from your Website, we put a lot of effort into our pictures, and you do not have permission to use our pictures... Thank You

Coz
Old 07-28-2003, 10:21 AM
rtakashima

Default injen exhaust

The 350Z SES has been a very good start for the Injen line of exhausts. However we have been listening to requests for a straight tip. Well, we are about to start production on a new release due out towards the end of summer that will make many people happy. We also made it a point to make sure most bodykits will fit with the new version. We will still offer both angled and straight. No loss of HP.

Forums are great but to be even more effective, we prefer direct emails. Sometimes we cannot read every forum but really care what the end consumer wants. Email us any question that was not answered here to info@injen.com. We will do our best to deliver what you want!

Thanks for listening.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:26 AM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: injen exhaust

Originally posted by rtakashima
The 350Z SES has been a very good start for the Injen line of exhausts. However we have been listening to requests for a straight tip. Well, we are about to start production on a new release due out towards the end of summer that will make many people happy. We also made it a point to make sure most bodykits will fit with the new version. We will still offer both angled and straight. No loss of HP.

Forums are great but to be even more effective, we prefer direct emails. Sometimes we cannot read every forum but really care what the end consumer wants. Email us any question that was not answered here to info@injen.com. We will do our best to deliver what you want!

Thanks for listening.
You should start a new thread to make this announcement- I'm sure many will be interested.
Old 07-28-2003, 05:43 PM
z33r1

Are the new straight tips and canisters going to look the same as the angled, or did you redesign them.