Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 11:17 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

I really hate seeing more and more of these threads.

If you really want an exhaust, don't be cheap. Spend money on quality parts.

Not saying you have to break the bank and drop 2 grand on an exhaust, but there are plenty of reputable companies that make exhausts for this car for under 1 grand.

Gotta pay to play.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:47 PM
mvp2765

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just slap some duc tape around that hole and it should hold!
Old 06-10-2015, 01:13 PM
savedbygrace

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey if $300 gives you four years of fun then do it.

Not a big deal if it falls apart after four years...works out to be what...$75 a year so about $6.50 a month over four years to have a much improved sound? No brainer...others that are criticizing are trying to justify their large spends of money I think.

I'm a Motordyne guy myself, but I also see the value equation in low priced fun that fits your budget. Enjoy it..as long as it sounds good and not like a riced out Honda...go for it.

If you do get it put up a vid? Curious if it sounds any different than the other knockoffs.

Saved
Old 06-10-2015, 04:47 PM
arrowman413

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get a knockoff, weld in the magnaflow x pipe. will help with the sound and still keep it cheap.
Old 06-10-2015, 04:50 PM
n0smoke

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by savedbygrace
Hey if $300 gives you four years of fun then do it.

Not a big deal if it falls apart after four years...works out to be what...$75 a year so about $6.50 a month over four years to have a much improved sound? No brainer...others that are criticizing are trying to justify their large spends of money I think.

I'm a Motordyne guy myself, but I also see the value equation in low priced fun that fits your budget. Enjoy it..as long as it sounds good and not like a riced out Honda...go for it.

If you do get it put up a vid? Curious if it sounds any different than the other knockoffs.

Saved
I justify things the other way around.

If it takes me "x" amount of time to sit aside $300 for a mod (Or the time it takes to talk myself into it, rather) I would rather wait 3x and have something worthwhile. You get what you pay for. Since it's an elective upgrade, I don't mind trolling the classifieds until a nice used setup pops up for a fraction of the price though.

I've watched a bunch of YT clips of those exhausts, they sound like garbage imo. Something someone in high school might consider just so he could have a loud car.

If I WAS considering a cheap exhaust I would go with this one.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dc...iew/model/350z

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...installed.html

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...st-review.html
Old 06-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Dallasmavs92

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So much ignorance going on here lol. I've ran countless exhausts on my z's, invidia Gemini, borla, agency single, now I'm back to stock. I've ran the hks rep with magnaflow x pipe as well and it sounded pretty decent for what it was. Sure that picture above is from the old style resonators, and if you look you can see the v2? Has a newer type resonator/s.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:59 AM
lifekenophobic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

What ignorance would that be? People providing their honest opinions to you? You say you've ran all these exhaust on your Z, including decent quality ones like the Gemini and Agency single. Why downgrade to eBay crap?
Old 06-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like somebody wants to buy water balloon instead of a Trojan condom...
Old 06-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Toneloc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Z1cats-magxpipe-injenss=motordyne
Old 06-11-2015, 04:55 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Received 9,155 Likes on 6,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasmavs92
So much ignorance going on here lol. I've ran countless exhausts on my z's, invidia Gemini, borla, agency single, now I'm back to stock. I've ran the hks rep with magnaflow x pipe as well and it sounded pretty decent for what it was. Sure that picture above is from the old style resonators, and if you look you can see the v2? Has a newer type resonator/s.
pot calling the kettle black, nice to meet you. if (keyword here) you had all those exhausts previously, why would you skimp out....
Old 06-11-2015, 04:55 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

Originally Posted by lifekenophobic
What ignorance would that be? People providing their honest opinions to you? You say you've ran all these exhaust on your Z, including decent quality ones like the Gemini and Agency single. Why downgrade to eBay crap?
...... because broke
Old 06-11-2015, 06:37 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

If you paid next to nothing for your old used high mileage Z, go for it. Why spend 1k on a 6k car?
Old 06-11-2015, 06:40 PM
travlee
Master
Premier Member

that just happened......
Old 06-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Dallasmavs92

Originally Posted by lifekenophobic
Sold those years back and am running stock at the moment.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:48 PM
Dallasmavs92

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
If you paid next to nothing for your old used high mileage Z, go for it. Why spend 1k on a 6k car?
162k miles on a 06 sure enough. Hey might as well join the crowd of running these poor z33's into the civic/ricer club.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:10 AM
hellman_x

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's an exhaust, who cares? The only knockoffs that you should be worried about are suspension related components or wheels. If those fail you're screwed. Knockoff exhaust fails, you can just buy another one.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:21 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by hellman_x
It's an exhaust, who cares? The only knockoffs that you should be worried about are suspension related components or wheels. If those fail you're screwed. Knockoff exhaust fails, you can just buy another one.
so a knock off turbo kit is fine, or brakes, or seats.

This is the problem. People are so willing to buy replica parts that it kills the authentic companies, forcing them to raise there prices in order to make back what they put into research.

If you want to buy a knockoff part, go ahead. Don't ask us for advice, because the reasonable people on here will tell you that you are retarded, because it is the truth.

Ricers will always rice.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:17 AM
Dallasmavs92

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ
so a knock off turbo kit is fine, or brakes, or seats.

This is the problem. People are so willing to buy replica parts that it kills the authentic companies, forcing them to raise there prices in order to make back what they put into research.

If you want to buy a knockoff part, go ahead. Don't ask us for advice, because the reasonable people on here will tell you that you are retarded, because it is the truth.

Ricers will always rice.
There will always be competition regardless. You're probably the guy who buys Borden milk over the great value because your family members call you mental for buying the cheap **** am I right?

And lets think of this from a business standpoint for a second - company sells MORE product for a lesser price, or LESS product for a more expensive price. I'm sorry but a company that takes pipe, mandrel bends it a few times and slaps an $1k price tag on it is delusional because I can grab a exhaust for 1/3 of that price and have it sound twice as good; and if I scrape it up, it gets rusted, whatever then I replace it and I am still in the plus for 2 more times. So, again how am I the retard?

Brakes? Yes. Tires? Yes. Suspension components? Sure. I get it, spend more money on things that slow you down, and separate you from the ground. But an exhaust? Who cares, it's a noise maker. Just like all the other ones out there.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:30 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Dallasmavs92
There will always be competition regardless. You're probably the guy who buys Borden milk over the great value because your family members call you mental for buying the cheap **** am I right?

And lets think of this from a business standpoint for a second - company sells MORE product for a lesser price, or LESS product for a more expensive price. I'm sorry but a company that takes pipe, mandrel bends it a few times and slaps an $1k price tag on it is delusional because I can grab a exhaust for 1/3 of that price and have it sound twice as good; and if I scrape it up, it gets rusted, whatever then I replace it and I am still in the plus for 2 more times. So, again how am I the retard?

Brakes? Yes. Tires? Yes. Suspension components? Sure. I get it, spend more money on things that slow you down, and separate you from the ground. But an exhaust? Who cares, it's a noise maker. Just like all the other ones out there.
I 100% agree with you on this, 1-3 hp difference in hp throught all the exhuast so why spend 700-2k more on something that is going to get damaged and give nearly the same effect.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:30 PM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The way I see it, the minute you buy a Z over something economical like a Corolla or a Civic, the car automatically becomes a luxury. The Z is a treat to yourself for all your hard work, or compensation for something you've lost, or however you want to justify it. Bottom line though, it's a luxury you enjoy. So then buying a knock off exhaust and justifying it as a more cost efficient route is contradictory, because you're setting yourself up for more problems later down the road. I'm not saying that you should go buy $4,000 Work wheels, but atleast something more reputable than eBay replicas. Point is, you're spending extra money on a Z so you can enjoy yourself, I can't understand why you want to cheap out on the other components.

Just my $0.02 though.

Quick Reply: Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed