Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 05:20 AM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

IMO when you put replica parts on your car, no matter what kind of car, it is a downgrade from the OEM parts.

The entire idea putting aftermarket parts on a car is to upgrade. So using parts that have a lower quality than OEM is a downgrade. No way around that.

And also, calling an exhaust a noise maker is true, if you buy a replica one. The real ones have research behind them, bettering the quality compared to OEM thus proving that it makes more hp.

As I said before, it's your car so do whatever you want to your car, just don't expect a good response by the forum veterans on here when you ask what we think about a replica part. I have noticed the newer owners that joined this forum want to cheap out on parts, which makes sense considering the prices that these cars sell for now. Just remember, this isn't a Civic or Integra. It is a nice Japanese sports car. Try to keep it that way.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:02 PM
joonvang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HKS Exhaust Replica?

Can anyone tell me if this is a HKS Exhaust Replica?

https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart...on.php?II=1140

Thanks
Old 06-23-2015, 02:43 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Actual HKS.
Old 06-23-2015, 03:53 AM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

For that price it better not be a knockoff.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:20 AM
jv350z

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

replicas are about $ 350
Old 06-23-2015, 04:45 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Moving to the CORRECT section. Jeezus
Old 06-23-2015, 07:42 AM
Vitamin_B12

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

as others have said, that is actual HKS. Concept Z offers 2 cheap replicas:

DNA Motoring $400
https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart...n.php?II=11096

Top Speed $550
https://conceptzperformance.com/Cart...on.php?II=4399

there are actually 2 true dual catback systems offered from HKS. the one you are looking at and everyone seems to buy (SKU code 32009-BN001) with angled mufflers:

http://www.hksusa.com/350z-2002-2007...haust-ti-tips/
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produc...ffler/db/15325

and the other version (SKU code 32009-AN002) with OEM style horizontal mufflers:

http://www.hksusa.com/nissan-350z-full-dual-exhaust/
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produc...uffler/db/9433

i don't know why the MSRP on the US site is so high, it is more like 215,000 JPY (~$1740 USD before shipping)

i don't know which version is newer, or which is better. Motordyne runs the angled style, whereas Power House Amuse, Mine's, Impul use OEM horizontal style even on the R35. but i don't think it really matters that much

if you want to be more unique there is also a Super Sound Master (SKU code 32023-AN001) but it is only the midpipe and muffler (no y-pipe included). doesn't look like it's available on the US site so you'd probably have to order it from Japan. i've seen this style before from Saclam

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/produc...ffler/db/11043
Old 07-02-2015, 08:34 PM
CNunes_95

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the X02 True Duals and they've been on the car for years and they hold up very well in my opinion. My take on it is that the gains of an HKS and an HKS replica are practically exactly the same. If the piping diameter and set up of the exhaust is exactly the same, gains will be exactly the same. Sure, HKS is probably a better quality exhaust and will probably last years beyond a replica off of ebay or whatever vendor that sells replicas for much cheaper. But most people shop for exhausts for performance gains, better sounds, or both. Honestly, my X02 sounds almost identical to the HKS. So why spend more than double the cost of a replica for the name brand when it's practically the same thing? Sure, I can't say, "I have an HKS exhaust" blah blah blah. But who cares? I'm not spending extra hundreds of dollars for the name. Only con about the X02 is that the tips will eventually develop this oxidized layer that is brown and ugly. But I polished most of it off, so its fine
Old 08-19-2015, 08:59 PM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by SQuaLZ

This is the problem. People are so willing to buy replica parts that it kills the authentic companies, forcing them to raise there prices in order to make back what they put into research.

That was hilarious lol...

Old quote I know, but people who buy fake exhausts, wheels, turbo kits etc would have never bought the authentic if thats the only thing in existance. The companies that create the products take a small loss if any from them. Authentic companies arent dying, nor are they going anywhere anytime soon.
btw, its the companies that make fake products that support events and meets that we all attend. I cant remember the last time HKS or another baller brand rented a booth at a track even.

On another topic, whats the part number to the Magnaflow muffler? I have little drone on highway speeds and id rather not have any.
I have a fake HKS replica exhaust with Megan Test pipes.

Last edited by DarkCreep; 08-19-2015 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:23 AM
Classy

Received 615 Likes on 349 Posts

Here is my problem with a real HKS exhaust. It is $1200... $1200!!! for piping and mufflers! That is max $200 in materials, WORST case scenario, you buy a knock off drive the crap out of it, then either you replace it if it wears out or just replace the mufflers because it is still cheaper to do either of those after you bought the first exhaust than to buy an authentic HKS exhaust...
Old 08-21-2015, 12:25 PM
DarkCreep

Originally Posted by Classy
Here is my problem with a real HKS exhaust. It is $1200... $1200!!! for piping and mufflers! That is max $200 in materials, WORST case scenario, you buy a knock off drive the crap out of it, then either you replace it if it wears out or just replace the mufflers because it is still cheaper to do either of those after you bought the first exhaust than to buy an authentic HKS exhaust...
You also have to take in mind R&D which is expensive. There was probably many designs before they chose the one they have now.

I still love fake parts though.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Classy

I really don't care about R&D for an intake, an exhaust... Not even a turbo kit, it is all just piping, come up with something special I tuning, cams, stuff that is unique, I will pay for it
Old 08-21-2015, 04:50 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure you get it, it's not a case of whether you care about it, it's one of the reasons they have higher costs associated with them, something has to cover the time taken to design it.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Classy

I am not sure you get it... It is piping and mufflers... You think there was a million dollar budget to design an exhaust... No. They over charge because it has their name on it. Stop defending people who take advantage of dumb people like you
Old 08-21-2015, 08:04 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

Annnd there you go.

I know what it is, and i'll thank you to keep your poorly judged opinion of me to yourself.

I don't care what the component parts cost, nor am i saying that these high end systems are "worth" the charged amount.
The problem here is that you don't appear to understand that people will not work for nothing, so sitting there and designing and manufacturing an exhaust system will not be done for a basic retail store markup, hence the crazy price tags.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:50 PM
Classy

What do you do for a living because you have a grossly wrong interpretation of how the corporate world works.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:22 PM
NFAC

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I understand where both of you are coming from, but Classy does make a good point. Example: My commuter is a 2001 Hayabusa custom Turbo. The turbo on my bike is 100% a total custom job, I did all the welding a fitting. Before tune it ran like crap, after dyno tune it ran like a champ. Their was Zero R&D behind this, the tune was what woke it up. It made 234 whp on 5 psi,the same it would have made with a ready made kit. All in the tune....

If you can get a good sounding cheap mandrel bent stainless exhaust, than do it. Piping is piping and at the end of the day the **** is going to get scraped the hell up. Suspension now that's another story, I don't cheap out on that... Lesson learned many many years ago.

Another thing I learned this week is that it cost Toyota $2 for a Tacoma windshield... Now talk about mark up.

Last edited by NFAC; 08-21-2015 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:15 PM
F2CMaDMaXX

There's economies of scale for ya

So, the pricing of things like that has nothing to do with 'the way the corporate world works' but thanks.
NFAC, i'm not entirely sure where you're coming from, i'm not trying to justify the cost of an HKS etc. but i can tell you that the person that designed it, wants paying for it, hence the cost.

Just because you didn't think it took much of your time, or that you time isn't worth that much, doesn't mean that you can't charge for it; look at Apple, dear Lord, you don't think any of their crap costs that much to make, yet people will still buy it, for the quality and the feeling it gives them.
They do make nice hardware, but the costs are all factored in, including how much of their time is taken in R&D.

Classy, custom/low quantity stuff works this way, corporations don't go for that, it's smaller margins and higher quantities, as i'm sure you know.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:01 AM
Classy

How much do you really think they invested to design that exhaust? Like seriously... I think it was less than $20k including materials and man hours... You are not paying for the design you are paying for the name brand... Let's play the corporate America game! So, do you think they would sell more authentic exhausts IF it only cost $800 instead of $1200? Yup, and I bet a lot of the people who buy the replicas would consider the $800 exhaust that wouldn't the $1200 exhaust

As stated above with the tuning, you can't just go make an iPhone, there is a lot that goes into it ie the hardware, the software, design, and testing that I nor anyone I know could duplicate thus I cannot argue about the price.

I guess what I am getting at is I think that HKS is grossly over charging for a crappy exhaust and they are paying for it because the replica exhausts are just as good and they will never beat them.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:24 AM
DarkCreep

I just received my Magnaflow X pipe. Can i take the Y pipe to the muffler shop to get it welded on or does it have to be on the car for fitment?

Seems pretty straight forward.

Just paid off an exhaust ticket and would like some of the VQ note back 😅😅

Quick Reply: Replica HKS Exhausts Ebay/Godspeed