Notices
Intake Exhaust Moving all that air in and out efficiently

injen vs aem vs k&n vs ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 06:04 PM
bobz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question injen vs aem vs k&n vs ?

can any one please tell me what the difference between the cai's are. they all seem to do the same thing which is keeping heat out of the intake. also isnt the existing air intake away from the engine now. it seems eveybody has there own opinion but nobody knows which is better best or if adding one even helps. ?
Old 06-11-2003, 06:32 PM
zogan

Default Re: injen vs aem vs k&n vs ?

Originally posted by bobz
can any one please tell me what the difference between the cai's are. they all seem to do the same thing which is keeping heat out of the intake. also isnt the existing air intake away from the engine now. it seems eveybody has there own opinion but nobody knows which is better best or if adding one even helps. ?
I have had KN and INJEN, I have heard that INJEN and AEM are about the same, but I went ahead and went w/ the INJEN.

INJEN VS KN, the KN you can't really tell much of a difference if any once installed, sound maybe a little, but the INJEN, I could actually tell a difference on the higher RPM WOT(wide open throtle). Around 4k it kicks in. I couldn't really tell w/ the sound but my exhaust isn't stock.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:30 PM
JimH

Default K&N CAI

I didn't think the K&N CAI was available yet. It is not the drop in K&N, but the near $500 CAI that K&N sez is soon to be released. Regards, Jim
Old 06-11-2003, 08:41 PM
xZlr8

i've had the injen for 5 mo now with no problems. It sounds absolutely awesome at WOT and now that I have the Injen SES exhaust on as well it's 10x better. The SES really opens the car up and you can hear the intake breating like a mad man at WOT. I recommend the intake and exhaust from injen. They seem to compliment each other really well as there have been posts from other members and from injen of over 20 whp increase.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:25 AM
bobz

Thumbs up

thanks for the replys.

still confused.

still waiting for more replys before i plop down the cash. though after spending 30+k, what is $2-300 more for some add on toys heh.

sharp picture jim-h from ariz.

almost went with this color but where i live i would stand out just a bit too much. it is sharp as well as the blue one. plus my sweetheart always liked blk on blk.

any more responses would be greatly appreciated.